Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
llorca
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Arslan the fittest boxer out there?

Talk about unrelentless pressure - I don't think I've seen such a fighting machine for quite some time.

He'll be hard to beat. What tactics would you use against such an awkward fighter? His tight guard is hard to penetrate, plus he's so difficult to keep off you with his crab-like hounding. Body shots? He also seems to have a v. good chin - has he ever been knocked down?

The Czech Lubos Suda was the last man to beat him on points almost 4 years ago - anyone remember how he did it? Apparently Arslan caught a respiratory infection a few days before the fight which slowed him down.

How about Arslan vs Adamek?
llorca is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Arslan the fittest boxer out there?

oh yes...
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i dont see anyone beating him except david haye.

haye is a very explosive and hard punching fighter. thats the style that will bring such a type of fighter into big trouble
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
llorca
Journeyman

I think he'd give Haye a tough time - Haye's stamina is still not the best, and if he failed to pierce Arslan's tight guard early doors he'd be worn down by mid rounds.

Arslan vs Huck would be a good one too.
llorca is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca
Nice match up. I dont think that will happen this match, anyway good idea and good fight.

Like I say before Arslan & Hide will be next ?
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I haven't seen this guy, but I have to ask; if he's so great, where has he been??

Arslan is 37 years old and really hasn't done much other than decent wins over Drodz and Brudov.

Suddenly he's the best Cruiserweight in the world? Bad management? Late life improvement? What gives?
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
I haven't seen this guy, but I have to ask; if he's so great, where has he been??

Arslan is 37 years old and really hasn't done much other than decent wins over Drodz and Brudov.

Suddenly he's the best Cruiserweight in the world? Bad management? Late life improvement? What gives?
All together...but to set the record straight: he isn't the best cruiser and could be outboxed by someone who can give him angles and has a good stamina...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

He also drawed with Tokarev and retired Petkovic!

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 10-07-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

He is not great, far from it. Anyone who is fit for 12 hard rounds and can handle pressure fighters can beat him because Arslan really isn't much more than pressure and fitness. He has no technical skills worth mentioning, no significant punch, he is just not really that talented. But you have to give him credit for what he does with his limted talent, he works hard, is always in tremendous shape and utilises his fitness. He for sure is a tough fight for anyone.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca
Talk about unrelentless pressure - I don't think I've seen such a fighting machine for quite some time.

He'll be hard to beat. What tactics would you use against such an awkward fighter? His tight guard is hard to penetrate, plus he's so difficult to keep off you with his crab-like hounding. Body shots? He also seems to have a v. good chin - has he ever been knocked down?

The Czech Lubos Suda was the last man to beat him on points almost 4 years ago - anyone remember how he did it? Apparently Arslan caught a respiratory infection a few days before the fight which slowed him down.

You are right,llorca! Arslan's stamina is amazing ,isnt it! He also has a very good chin.

Suda vs Arslan? I for my part didnt watch that fight,but when I spoke with Suda about that fight he freely admitted that it could have gone either way and that he got the nod because it had taken place in his backyard.
Lubos also stated that Arslan had been his toughest opponent up that point in time when we spoke to each other.

I very much hope that a rematch between Arslan and Suda will come off!

I for my part would give hard-punching former amateur star Alexander Alexeev a good shot against Arslan.
On the other hand Drozd and Tokarev as well as Brudov are good punchers ,too.Nevertheless they were not even able to score a knockdown against Arslan.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 AM   #11
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Brudov beat Arslan in their fight imo. I'd like to see him in there with a rematch for the belt.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM   #12
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict

vCash: 1678

The question was:

Arslan the fittest boxer out there?

not

Arslan the best boxer out there?

Serenata is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

I feel Arslan is the fittest boxer in hes division, and deffenitly a favorite for myself.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #14
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata
The question was:

Arslan the fittest boxer out there?

not

Arslan the best boxer out there?

Good point,serenata!

To answer abovementioned question: Yes,Arslan's stamina is bloody impressive.And yes,he is probably the fighter with the best stamina at cruiser weight.Just a guess as I havent seen all top 20 fighters at cruiser weight!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The fittest ? Cause he beat a 43 years old Hill ?
Another example of the WBA jokes. The "real" WBA champ is Haye who beat Mormeck. Remember Mormeck had destroyed Hill to obtain this famous WBA title (a younger and better version of Hill...). Mormeck also beat Hill in a rematch. How can a boxer obtain the WBA title from Hill after that ?!? Mystery of the WBA and ot their "interim" "vacant" "normal" titles...
Beating Hill now is a good performance but it's just enough to secure a place in the top 10. Before that Arslan had badly struggled with Brudov who is a limited brawler who had been unable to win more that one round out of 12 against the same Hill...
Fitir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum