Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic, how would you rate Pacquiao-Mosley as a card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmer View Post
Nazim always seems full of shit, i hate his pretension of being some old school boxing wizard.... Even if he is keeping a plan to himself he just doesn't rub me the right way at all. I think he's going to have shane try and box pac a little bit for sure though.

If it was consisting of bantamweight interim OPBF title fights you would

Agreedo, vic, i think it will be a damn fun fight. Whatever the outcome i hope WVII grows from it, i like the kid.

Soto made a bad move. It's obvious whoever won this would be sacrificed to Rios on an unholy pulpit, but it still deprived the fans of a great fight on what would have been a good card.
Yeah kind of hard to buy into his BS when Mosley got completely schooled by Mayweather like he did. What happen to plans B-Z?
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Yeah kind of hard to buy into his BS when Mosley got completely schooled by Mayweather like he did. What happen to plans B-Z?
"well you see mosley gon keep him at the end of a long jab. mosley got that range......"

and then we see floyd pressure him and beat him up for 10 rounds. no corner adjustments, nothing. seriously the most overrated voice in boxing today.
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
"well you see mosley gon keep him at the end of a long jab. mosley got that range......"

and then we see floyd pressure him and beat him up for 10 rounds. no corner adjustments, nothing. seriously the most overrated voice in boxing today.
Mosley was supposed to spawn his wings and turn into a dragon.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #19
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
I know that a big complaint a lot of fans have these days are shitty closed circuit cards, but this one looks pretty dope, i must say... Do you agree?

Main event: Pacquiao versus Mosley. The best in the world versus a very faded old one. Might be competitive for a few rounds with great action, but very difficult to consider an upset at this point in mosley's career. Not that great.

-A rematch of Soto-Antillon which was a genuine FotY contender last year. Should be damn fun.

-Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. vs Jorge Arce- WVII is a pretty solid fighter who in my opinion is still developing. I think he'll give a damn good account of himself in this one, and i hope Arce can give him what for.

-The return of Kelly Pavlik- An interesting questionmark for the Super Middleweights. Are we going to see a washed up, limited fighter or maybe the start of some redemption?

Whaddaya think?
Now that Soto is out, this card means less. Pac vs Mosely would have been interesting match 3 years ago. Conventional wisdom says Mosely is too old. Pac should win easy, but I do think there is something to watch for in this fight. Mosely can still can hit, and Pacquiao because of his aggressive style might give Mosely the opportunity to land a counter hook. If this happens, Mosley can make things competitive for a short time, or maybe even pull off an upset stoppage win.

I think Pavlik is done as a top ten fighter. He's a mess outside the ring, and was a little over rated as champion.
Mendoza is online now  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #20
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000
Default Re: How would you rate Pacquiao-Mosley as a card?

Moved to the General, and then back to Classic? Dueling mods?
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #21
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Moved to the General, and then back to Classic? Dueling mods?
justice favors my posting sword
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I hear Mosley sucked balls.
Which was predictable enough. I saw his fight with that Lora or Mora or whatever his name is, and he looked like shit, washed-up to bits.
The man's pushing 40.

You know boxing is in a bad way when they keep recycling these old dudes with recognizable names and dress these fights up as super-fights.
Unforgiven is online now  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #23
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by he grant View Post
The type of totally predictable shit where you almost can guarantee what is going to happen but can still be shocked ..
Arce /Vasquez saved the day.
Mosley was a grave dissapointment he fought without any ambition at all ,once he realised he could not cope with Pacman's speed he settled for a survival fight. In short he stunk the joint out imo.Manny should have put the pressure on and kept it on, Mosley would have been gone early, he was totally at sea whenever Manny mounted any sort of sustained attack. Was I the only one pissed off with all that touching gloves every couple of minutes shit?
Mosley was obviously glad of any respite ,but for Christ sakes it was supposed to be a fight.
Well Mosley got his pension plan, now he should have the grace to hang them up because he is patently no longer a fighter with any pretensions to ambition ,or winning.
Pavlik looked like a 6 round club fighter, good job he was in there with one, and an arm puncher at that because he was so hittable.
Maybe he can improve,he could hardly get any worse.
Arce and Vasquez , honoured their calling with big hearted efforts that should embarrass Mosley.Only saving grace was I watched it for free.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I watched the fight. I thought Mosley started off doing the right things, but he didnt punch. I think once he saw he couldnt pull the trigger on the openings he went into survival mode. He was badly hurt from the temple shot that dropped him and seemed cloudy the remainder of the fight. I never thought Mosley could box outside for 12 rounds which he basically didnt, but he wasnt punching when he was supposed to, he just held and ran.
I think Mosley needs to hang them up, he looked almost exactly like he did against Mayweather languishing on the outside getting beat up, but he will comeback and be cannon fodder for comebacking Andre Berto or someone else.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum