Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #61
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does any middleweight in history KO Marvin Hagler??

Your talking about a guy who was never even hurt as a pro against some major hitters.Even as an amateur, he weighed 156 and won the nationals at 165 . SRR decisions him,and he was the greatest of them all... Hagler had one of THE best chins in boxing history...
Waynegrade is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #62
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Outside of cuts? NO!! Hagler is a beast at 160.... Top-5 ATG best chinned fighter at any weight......

MR.BILL
Agreed !
Waynegrade is online now  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #63
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Yes Marvin Hagler had a great chin,Sure did. In his 67 bout career Hagler was never
dropped,fighting middleweights. Wonderful !
But check this out : Jake LaMotta was never dropped in his first 103 fights.Yes 103 fights against better and heavier opponents,such as Jimmy Edgar, Nate bolden, Lloyd Marshall, Bob Satterfield, Marcel Cerdan, Irish Bob Murphy,and i might add Sugar Ray Robinson, when he was still Sugar Ray Robinson. Even in their last fight when Jake LaMotta was
severely weight drained,having lost 10 pounds for that bout remained on his feet against
the vicious onslaught of a determined Robinson. I am sure if Hagler ,exhausted as Jake was
would, have succumbed to the tremendous punches Robinson rained on LaMotta's chin.
Yep ,Hagler had a great chin. No doubt...But LaMotta faced more and heavier bangers I say.
And how about Billy Graham, never hurt, never dropped in over 100 bouts, and brave
Barney Ross, also an amazing beard...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #64
BlacksRSuperior

vCash:

Robinson wasnt a middleweight and his record is padded by facing alot of slow mob controlled fighters. Satterfield was bigger than a middleweight but was unskilled. Having a higher ko percentage could just mean you faced alot of inferior opponents but in any case Hagler has a better chin than Lamotta

There is no known middleweight who could knock him out. Dont mention fighters from yester year who you never seen fight but heard they were good.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #65
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksRSuperior View Post
There is no known middleweight who could knock him out. Dont mention fighters from yester year who you never seen fight but heard they were good.
Careful -Burt saw more fighters from back in the day live than the average 20 year old has seen on video games and movies put together.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #66
BlacksRSuperior

vCash:

Really then he must be over 100 then. Wait he isn't he just heard fighters from back in the day were better than modern fighters so they must be.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #67
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Robinson wasnt a middleweight and his record is padded by facing alot of slow mob controlled fighters. Satterfield was bigger than a middleweight but was unskilled. Having a higher ko percentage could just mean you faced alot of inferior opponents but in any case Hagler has a better chin than Lamotta

Well, I will mention fighters of YESTERDAY,and I have seen them fight...If a 175 pound Satterfield unloaded his right cross on a smaller Hagler,funny things would happen to Marvin ,I fear...
For example : 175 pound Bob Satterfield facing a smaller Tommy Hearns[160] pounds, Satterfield obliterates Hearns.[I am not talking even weights].
Well Lamotta took all of Satterfield's bombs, and kod Satterfield.
And the Robinson of the LaMotta fight would have surely whipped Marvin Hagler ! No way a Vito Antefuermo goes 15 rounds twice with a prime
amazing puncher like Robinson ! Oh yes,I am not to mention fighters of
YESTERDAY, but I have seen Ray Robinson prime many times, so I get a pass.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #68
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Really then he must be over 100 then. Wait he isn't he just heard fighters from back in the day were better than modern fighters so they must be.
No, he's actually around 80 years old and saw the likes of Robinson, Pep, and Armstrong live. Refrain from commenting on subjects you know nothing about. Unless you're trolling, in which case have at it.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #69
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How old are you?
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #70
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Bad error of judgement mate ha ha!! You couldnt have picked the worst person to say that to. But how were you expected to know about Burts background? Hes a cool guy and im sure he chuckled at it. Hes seen a lot of the ATG's live, from SRR right through to Ali-Frazier 1 at the garden.

A valuable lesson is to be learned here, always do your homework and think before you say anything

Oh, and welcome to the forum
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #71
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Well, I will mention fighters of YESTERDAY,and I have seen them fight...If a 175 pound Satterfield unloaded his right cross on a smaller Hagler,funny things would happen to Marvin ,I fear...
For example : 175 pound Bob Satterfield facing a smaller Tommy Hearns[160] pounds, Satterfield obliterates Hearns.[I am not talking even weights].
Well Lamotta took all of Satterfield's bombs, and kod Satterfield.
And the Robinson of the LaMotta fight would have surely whipped Marvin Hagler ! No way a Vito Antefuermo goes 15 rounds twice with a prime
amazing puncher like Robinson ! Oh yes,I am not to mention fighters of
YESTERDAY, but I have seen Ray Robinson prime many times, so I get a pass.

I concur Mr. Bienstock, this is what I said on the previous page and state alot, a very real fact that cannot be ignored...

especially if he fought at a time when 100 -150 fights and beyond was the norm, that changes things for any fighter - it may well have eventually happened, but most likely towards the latter stages of such a career!!!

this changes everything for any fighter!
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #72
BlacksRSuperior

vCash:

LOL if he is 80 then i am sure he is senile and I was talking about fighters like Sam Langford who i am sure he never saw live.

As I said Robinson's record was built up facing slow mafia controlled fighters. Not once in his career did he face anybody as skilled as Tommy Hearns period. You people sure love to build up old fighters like they are god dont you?

You hear somebody mention Louis, Robinson, Marciano, Dempsey, Tunney ect ect ect and fall for those lies.

Lamotta would of been stopped by Hearns with no problems and you know why? Because Lamotta isnt god, he could be hurt and was hurt in his career.

On the other hand Hagler was never hurt. Do the math
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #73
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Realistically, I don't think any middleweight of history ko's Hagler...a couple that beat him but no stopping him.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #74
prone2gr8tness
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

tommy ryan, rocky graziano?
prone2gr8tness is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #75
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
I concur Mr. Bienstock, this is what I said on the previous page and state alot, a very real fact that cannot be ignored...

especially if he fought at a time when 100 -150 fights and beyond was the norm, that changes things for any fighter - it may well have eventually happened, but most likely towards the latter stages of such a career!!!

this changes everything for any fighter!
T,very good points you make. What would have happened to Hagler's chin if he went on to fight 100-150 fights or more, as a Jack Britton, Harry Greb,
Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson did without getting kod ? These guys had more than THREE times the amount of fights that Hagler did. This fact should figure in the equation I believe.
T,call me Burt ! If not call me for dinner Cheers.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum