Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
nufc_jay

vCash:
Default Motivation...?

Hello gents and scholars...

What do you guys do for motivation??

I need tips, I work a 9 hour day, sitting at a desk all day long, I get home around 6pm every day and never have the "get up and go" to drag my arse to the gym anymore, I'm either too tired or feel like I don't want to take up loads of my evening after a long day (which is most probably a cop-out)...

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Rakim
Captain ****wit

vCash: 6000
Default Re: Motivation...?

I'm waiting intently for any worthwhile suggestions in this thread.

Not because I'm particularly interested in motivational methods, but it's passing the time while I should be at the gym or doing my coursework.
Rakim is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
MrSmall

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc_jay View Post
Hello gents and scholars...

What do you guys do for motivation??

I need tips, I work a 9 hour day, sitting at a desk all day long, I get home around 6pm every day and never have the "get up and go" to drag my arse to the gym anymore, I'm either too tired or feel like I don't want to take up loads of my evening after a long day (which is most probably a cop-out)...

Any advice?

Go on the way home from work.

Motivation is that I am an overly competitive person and I want to be the best at whatever I want to do, and I know that just takes time. I will get there, but it needs a lot of consistent work over a long time.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
nufc_jay

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
Go on the way home from work.

Motivation is that I am an overly competitive person and I want to be the best at whatever I want to do, and I know that just takes time. I will get there, but it needs a lot of consistent work over a long time.
That's what I keep telling myself.

Because at the moment, I leave work, half hour drive home, get home, have to get changed into gym stuff then drive 10 minutes to the gym... any motivation I may have built up on the way home has gone the moment I set foot in my door!

I think the other problem is I don't compete in anything (like your good self) so if I'm honest my "Goal" changes daily from losing fat to getting bulked up to getting ripped and back again.... depending on my mood... so focus is ****ed too lol!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
MrSmall

vCash: 1000

You don't have to compete, but you must have goals, to maintain focus.

And don't let them be vague goals. No "bulk up" "lose fat". Make it "lose 10lbs this year", "gain 15lbs this year". That sort of thing. And you can just do both. Eat good food in excess, train hard and heavy, but don't eat shit foods, and you will get both bigger and leaner.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
_R_NK

vCash: 500

Start competing.
_R_NK is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
pahapoisu
Superman!
ESB Addict

vCash: 105

I find music to be a great source of inspiration.
pahapoisu is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahapoisu View Post
I find music to be a great source of inspiration.
Me too, although it makes me wonder if you have to be a music guy to be motivated by music. If I have it in mind in the afternoon to work out, I'll leave work and play the most hyped up music possible on the way home to try to maintain my motivation.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i cant workout without music either , i reccomend freddie foxx - crazy like a foxx , some interesting tunes on there
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I would recommend first sorting out your diet (if you haven't) as it will leave you feeling much better. Also, start slow, aim at your current level for a while and then start to increase and chase your goals.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
nufc_jay

vCash:

Cheers fellas!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
Dish
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

it's tough to get up. I usually just force myself up. I know that feeling well, after a long day at work. Try and remember that once you get up and moving (at the gym) you will feel SO much better!
Dish is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #13
bam-bam
Journeyman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtMm0swu5i8[/ame]

I know most of you will have seen this, but I think it's awesome. If i need some perspective, or I feel myself having to drag my ass out of the house (especially if i come home from work and sit down) I can think about the guy in that video. It makes me realise that I have it very easy compared to that guy, and if he can do it, so can I.

So I drag myself to the gym after a particularly busy/tiring day. I always feel better after it though. Like boxinglad said too, diet is key. I cleaned mine up a few weeks back and feel a lot better, more alert etc.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
nufc_jay

vCash:

Cheers, yeah I know the feeling when I leave the gym, I'm always relieved I got up and went, it's just trying to remember that feeling to begin with lol
Old 05-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Motivation is different for everyone. Depends on alot of things. Your back ground your personality and your strengths. For me personally im a very strong person in some ways and incredible weak in others. My training and boxing started out as an escape. Then a punishment , i wanted to push myself as hard as i could to see if i was worth anything! After a while it just became a way of life something i loved to do training or skill work. i was the guy that loved the circuits , the pain and punishment. Unfortunately iv lost it again and have no idea this time how im going to get it back! lol
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing