Old 05-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Re: Motivation...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufc_jay View Post
Cheers, yeah I know the feeling when I leave the gym, I'm always relieved I got up and went, it's just trying to remember that feeling to begin with lol
know that feeling i used to get out of work at 5 and have to get on a bus to the next town over to get to the gym for 630 for only and hours session to 730 and because of public transport sit down to my tea at home about 9-930. hated the thought of a long day ahead but always felt it was worth it afterward
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Hello gents and scholars...

What do you guys do for motivation??

I need tips, I work a 9 hour day, sitting at a desk all day long, I get home around 6pm every day and never have the "get up and go" to drag my **** to the gym anymore, I'm either too tired or feel like I don't want to take up loads of my evening after a long day (which is most probably a cop-out)...

Any advice?

My best advice is to just start doing. Ive had the same problem last year. I would come home and not want to do anything. I use to think about training but not do much of anything.

Until I started training. I just kept pushing I never quit no matter how hard things got. Im still not where Im suppose to be or where I want to be. But Im having fun. (Although training is not always fun.)

So my best advice to you is to get started in what ever you want to try and work from there. And also try to make it fun. So you'll want to keep doing it, and add to whatever you do. Best wishes.
Amrn4s is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
nufc_jay

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrn4s View Post
My best advice is to just start doing. Ive had the same problem last year. I would come home and not want to do anything. I use to think about training but not do much of anything.

Until I started training. I just kept pushing I never quit no matter how hard things got. Im still not where Im suppose to be or where I want to be. But Im having fun. (Although training is not always fun.)

So my best advice to you is to get started in what ever you want to try and work from there. And also try to make it fun. So you'll want to keep doing it, and add to whatever you do. Best wishes.
Cheers buddy!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Better health, better life and to see how hard and far i can push my body, mind and soul.

Sometimes i've found that when i wasn't really up for going to the gym, i ended up having some of my best ever sessions when i got there.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 505

Quote:

I need tips, I work a 9 hour day, sitting at a desk all day long, I get home around 6pm every day and never have the "get up and go" to drag my **** to the gym anymore, I'm either too tired or feel like I don't want to take up loads of my evening after a long day (which is most probably a cop-out)...

Any advice?

Get up earlier and have some vigorous ***, got to the gym, or run. And eat more complex carbs/drink more water.
KillSomething is online now  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #21
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
Go on the way home from work.
This is actually a great suggestion. Take your gym gear with you and leave it in your car and go straight from work, by the time you get home after the gym you'll feel that much better, and it'll probably save you time as well.

Also, work out some attainable short term a long term goals, write them down and keep them somewhere you can see them every day. Short term might be something like, "Squat 2 plates by the end of the year", whereas long term might be "Squat 2x bodyweight". Obviously depending on what you're working for and what level you're at. It might be "weigh 190lbs" or "Get 18 inch biceps", whatever, just make sure they're measurable, achievable, and relevant to you.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Stop sitting around waiting to get motivated! Search for this little bit of magic is a waste of time. Get off your ass and turn up to the gym . If you fell good or bad just train. Days you feel bad just go through the motions and sweat. Days you feel good let it all hang out.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
nbg

just go. even when you dont want to go, you'll feel a million times better after you've been than if you go home and watch tv for the night.
nbg is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Video's work for me.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #25
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347

Quote:

Any advice?

I sit in desk 9 hours reading Esb too.

I build motivation in work.
Im not waiting when it is time to go home, I’m waiting when its time to go in boxing gym.

Then after the boxing session, when I come home, I’m feeling much better than before.

That and why would I want to go sit in home, after being in desk for 9 hours.

Also competing or aiming to compete gives a great motivation

Last edited by Antsu; 05-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Antsu is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #26
furor celtica
Creeping Death
ESB Jr Member

haha music and videos definitely get one all fired up...for like 10 minutes. i love the music and stuff, but there's always going to be a point when you just really don't want to, you'll have excuses not to, and you know its gonna hurt and its gonna be hard. so just do it.
just get **** done. just make your body do the motions. thats it.
furor celtica is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #27
Celtic Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1050

Start looking at your training as a reward after a long day at the office. Enjoy it, think about all the benefits you get from it, don't see it as a chore, see it as a time to have to have fun.
Celtic Warrior is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #28
Canello
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I agree with mr small you need to have goals and also you have to go straight after work otherwise if you go home after work there's no way you can be bothered going to training, it's tough to do at first but once it becomes routine you'll be ok
Canello is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #29
Jersey Joe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 975

Get a training partner - on the days you feel lazy, they will drag you out to train, and vice versa. You will never be motivated 100% of the time, you need a plan for how to keep it up when you are *not* motivated.
Jersey Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #30
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347

For my experience training partners are great at start, but dent to be harder to get in the gym as time goes by.

Soon enough it will be easier to just go there by yourself, than convince his excuse making lazy ass to the gym.

But that just my experience. Maybe I have chose wrong training partners
Antsu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing