Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #16
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Winning gloves or stick to Grant?

I have used all sorts of gloves and I have gave you some good information . Maybe one day I will post a picture of my glove collection if I get around to it. The oldest I have is a 1980 pair of Seyer.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #17
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
I have used all sorts of gloves and I have gave you some good information . Maybe one day I will post a picture of my glove collection if I get around to it. The oldest I have is a 1980 pair of Seyer.
That would be cool. I would like to see that.
Amrn4s is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #18
slickback
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

im having the problem too, i compete at 123 since they changed it from 126 :( basta*ds, anyway my middle knuckle on my right hand kills me and given ima a southpaw i tend to use my right WAY more than my left, i just ordered winnings like 5 days back but havnt heard anything from them, tried calling them in cali and nobody is picking up

i'd say go with winning, although i havnt tried grants (ima a reyes fan) will let you know how that goes if i get winnings anytime soon

I train with 16oz though, like i said ima a huge 123 lol normally walk around 146ish
slickback is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post
im having the problem too, i compete at 123 since they changed it from 126 :( basta*ds, anyway my middle knuckle on my right hand kills me and given ima a southpaw i tend to use my right WAY more than my left, i just ordered winnings like 5 days back but havnt heard anything from them, tried calling them in cali and nobody is picking up

i'd say go with winning, although i havnt tried grants (ima a reyes fan) will let you know how that goes if i get winnings anytime soon

I train with 16oz though, like i said ima a huge 123 lol normally walk around 146ish
:O You drop a lot of weight lol, I only drop about 6 pds to make 123. and I'm sure you will get your winnings, the guy is literally a 1 man show and takes pride in his work
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #20
slickback
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
:O You drop a lot of weight lol, I only drop about 6 pds to make 123. and I'm sure you will get your winnings, the guy is literally a 1 man show and takes pride in his work

Hah only 6 pounds? You have the luxury of just relaxing after your bouts ina tournament!
I get skipping some time after my fight to make weight for the next one lol,

But it really does help a lot, the height reach and power advantage I get is awesome

How tall are you?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hah only 6 pounds? You have the luxury of just relaxing after your bouts ina tournament!
I get skipping some time after my fight to make weight for the next one lol,

But it really does help a lot, the height reach and power advantage I get is awesome
Strangely those 6 pds are a bitch to lose, then again I train mostly for technique rather than weight loss

I'm 5'7
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #22
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

i'd love to be 126
i'm 148
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #23
slickback
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
Strangely those 6 pds are a bitch to lose, then again I train mostly for technique rather than weight loss

I'm 5'7
O not bad 5'7 is decent most guys I fight are about 5'5 or 5'6 at most lol
Old 05-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #24
slickback
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Baby View Post
i'd love to be 126
i'm 148
Depends the kind of frame you got you can't be a stocky thickly built 148 trying to get to 126 that would harm you sir on the other hand if your just fat or know you can lose some then try early morning empty stomach runs and sprints after gym at night
Old 05-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #25
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

Quote:
Depends the kind of frame you got you can't be a stocky thickly built 148 trying to get to 126 that would harm you sir on the other hand if your just fat or know you can lose some then try early morning empty stomach runs and sprints after gym at night
yeah i am kind of stocky
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #26
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
I also have a Seyer and Casanova Head gear from the same era.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
DynamiteSouthpaw
Dynamite

I bought a pair of 18oz winning lace up a month a go. The order came out to $345 shipped and it was worth every single penny. I was having lots of problems because I've always punched hard but I was coming back from a long lay off and weighing 288 lbs. So every punch had a lot of force behind it and my reyes bag gloves and hyabusa gloves weren't holding up. I had bruised knuckles everyday. I got fed up and ordered the winnings. Since they arrived(about 3 days after I placed the order) I haven't had bruised knuckles or any pain. They are literally a god send and they are great in sparring because I can go hard with no fear of hurting my sparring partner. Then theirs the quality. The leather is excellent and it smells great. The laces are really nice, the stitching is magnificent, and they still smell like new even after a month of boxing 5 days a week. Get them they are worth it. Hope my little review helped.
DynamiteSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

So tempted to buy some Winning gloves after reading all of the reviews and since I've had knuckle problems even when using 16oz gloves on the heavybag.

Anybody know how much a pair of 16oz gloves would cost to get shipped over to the UK?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteSouthpaw View Post
I bought a pair of 18oz winning lace up a month a go. The order came out to $345 shipped and it was worth every single penny. I was having lots of problems because I've always punched hard but I was coming back from a long lay off and weighing 288 lbs. So every punch had a lot of force behind it and my reyes bag gloves and hyabusa gloves weren't holding up. I had bruised knuckles everyday. I got fed up and ordered the winnings. Since they arrived(about 3 days after I placed the order) I haven't had bruised knuckles or any pain. They are literally a god send and they are great in sparring because I can go hard with no fear of hurting my sparring partner. Then theirs the quality. The leather is excellent and it smells great. The laces are really nice, the stitching is magnificent, and they still smell like new even after a month of boxing 5 days a week. Get them they are worth it. Hope my little review helped.
Quality man.

So you just got the 18 oz pro gloves? I always wanted some I just wonder how they hold up over time on the bags.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #30
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Quality man.

So you just got the 18 oz pro gloves? I always wanted some I just wonder how they hold up over time on the bags.
I heard that winnings don't really wear down even after years of use, the padding just shifts

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing