Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #61
Antsu
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1347
Default Re: Povetkin vs Chambers Jan 26th HBO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
We aren't disrespecting Eddie, we just don't see what he brings to the table. He is pretty stationary and isn't any faster than Povetkin. Brock was able to make it a very close fight despite being out of shape and very slow compared to Povetkin. Alexander will sit on his punches more and rip Eddie's body bringing those hands down and opening his head up to power he hasn't felt before.
The fight agains Brock wasnt anything near of close. It was total domination for Chambers. I cant believe one of the judges give it to Brock. It was ten rounds for Eddie two for Brock.

That being said I think Povetkin is going to win in january but Chambers has a decent change to upset Povetkin.
Antsu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #62
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Interesting how some people on this board think that Chambers can outbox Povetkin - one of the most accomplished amatuer boxers in the history of boxing. Well, at least I am glad that there is no clown here claiming that feather-fisted Chambers could win by Ko.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #63
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGuru
Chambers got hit all night long against Brock who has absolutely no power. Think about what Povetkin is going to do to this guy. He is Chris Byrd Junior with a little more power but WAY less defense.

Watch all his fights before you draw conclusions.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #64
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
SHOW me where I disrespected Povetkin and STFU!!

Picking Chambers and supporting a fighter I like isnt disrespect. I've made NO negative comments about Povetkin Except that he's a bit chubby and thats ONLY in defense of those attacking Chambers build. They are both a bit CHUBBY and STFW, they're HW's and both can go 12.

People are acting like Chambers is a complete pushover That's disrespectful. But its ALL GOOD because on 1/26, they'll see those visions go up in smoke
You don't need to respect Povetkin yet. Until he beats Wlad, he shouldn't receive guaranteed respect by everyone.

You are in for a surprise with this match though. I'm not even that excited about the fight as I would be if he was facing Brock. This will be very similar to the Byrd match, but will be easier. Povetkin learned a lot in that match and after throwing 110+ punches in one early round and missing most of them, he switched to just concentrating on landing any clean punches on Byrd instead of really stepping into his punches. Chambers defense is overrated and worse than even an old Byrd's defense and he has average movement with bad workrate. His chin/toughness is also unproven and he's going to have to take a lot of punishment in this fight. There is no way he will win this. The scoring won't matter either because unless Chambers is one tough mother ****er he is going to be stopped.

I don't have much respect for Chambers BTW, especially after watching that Brock fight. It was a bad performance and you should be able to recognize that.
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #65
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

I'm thinking Povetkin wins this clearly on points.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #66
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
I like Povetkin a lot, but this will be his toughest fight. Chambers is pretty slick, better than Byrd at this stage.

CW would think that Povetkin's strength and aggression would be able to crack Chambers's high guard, but something tells me Chambers might employ more lateral movement and angles.

Povetkin has obvious power, but remember, he did fail to get rid of a faded Larry Donald.
Well,emanuel,it doesnt matter how well a fighter does his job inside a ring it is still easy to find the famous fly in the ointment.
Povetkin won every round of his encounter with Donald.Quite impressive,wasnt it!
As far as I remember Vitaly Klitschko was the only fighter who has been able to stop Donald inside the distance.
Donald had given Valuev hell in his previous fight before he took on Povetkin.Valuev could call himself lucky to be the victor after 12 very close rounds with Donald.That for sure couldnt be said about Povetkin!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #67
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well,emanuel,it doesnt matter how well a fighter does his job inside a ring it is still easy to find the famous fly in the ointment.
Povetkin won every round of his encounter with Donald.Quite impressive,wasnt it!
As far as I remember Vitaly Klitschko was the only fighter who has been able to stop Donald inside the distance.
Donald had given Valuev hell in his previous fight before he took on Povetkin.Valuev could call himself lucky to be the victor after 12 very close rounds with Donald.That for sure couldnt be said about Povetkin!
It was a good performance and I've been nothing but impressed with Povetkin. My point was to those who insist that Povetkin will KO Chambers. I'm not so sure he will, although he will win.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #68
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
We aren't disrespecting Eddie, we just don't see what he brings to the table. He is pretty stationary and isn't any faster than Povetkin. Brock was able to make it a very close fight despite being out of shape and very slow compared to Povetkin. Alexander will sit on his punches more and rip Eddie's body bringing those hands down and opening his head up to power he hasn't felt before.
Its all good, cuz that disrespect will be turned into RESPECT after the 26th.I think most talking against Eddie have seen little and are just going a long with the "hype" surrounding Povetkin and the style of Chambers.

So far, 30 opponents have tried and many said the same things
I only hope that Team Povetkin takes this as lightly as many commenting are

BTW, BROCK DID SHIT!! That so called "split decision" is a ****ingFARCE and Tom Mcdonough shouldnt be allowed to judge ****roach races. brock won no more than 3 or 4 rounds and simply got out boxed.

All I want is neutral and competent judges and we're all in for a good fight.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #69
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
You don't need to respect Povetkin yet. Until he beats Wlad, he shouldn't receive guaranteed respect by everyone.

You are in for a surprise with this match though. I'm not even that excited about the fight as I would be if he was facing Brock. This will be very similar to the Byrd match, but will be easier. Povetkin learned a lot in that match and after throwing 110+ punches in one early round and missing most of them, he switched to just concentrating on landing any clean punches on Byrd instead of really stepping into his punches. Chambers defense is overrated and worse than even an old Byrd's defense and he has average movement with bad workrate. His chin/toughness is also unproven and he's going to have to take a lot of punishment in this fight. There is no way he will win this. The scoring won't matter either because unless Chambers is one tough mother ****er he is going to be stopped.

I don't have much respect for Chambers BTW, especially after watching that Brock fight. It was a bad performance and you should be able to recognize that.
While I respect you're opinion, I totally disagree.

1st, Chambers isnt an old shot Brock, he's better than even a young Byrd. Byrd was more runner who when trapped on the ropes was target practice. IMO you are way under rating Chambers D. 12 Rounds with brock and many others and his face looks exactly the same as it did before the fight. His opponents cant say the same. Eddie can move or stay inside and counter WITHOUT taking much abuse.

2 Chambers is tough, tougher than most realize. The idea of Povetkin landing routinely and being in total control is likely A FANTASY.

The legit criticism of Chambers after the Brock fight? Is work rate. Fighters dont get as much credit for D as they should in some cases and thats true of Eddie. He must turn up the volume against Povetkin for sure.

I expect this to be a very entertaining fight, but Povetkin's in for more than expected.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #70
badreader
black suite, black tie

Povetkin by very wide UD
badreader is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #71
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Povetkin will take it. By UD or tko.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #72
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

I like both , but Chambers is a bit too layed back and content looking to be good enough for Povetkin

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 10-20-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #73
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
I like both , but Chambers is a bit too layed back and content looking to be good enough for Povetkin
It's gonna be a great fight...Chambers is fast...Povetkin is very endurant & always tries to land many combos... this fight is a winner.. Don't think it'll be on par with Brewster vs Liakhovich...but it has a great potential to be a superb fight imo.
boxingcar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum