john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eduardo Lausse vs. Henry Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw417
10 rounds middleweights. Who and why?
You'd be a good matchmaker, d417. Both those guys could crack.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield
You'd be a good matchmaker, d417. Both those guys could crack.
Thank you john garfield. I always enjoy your insights on this board
Especially on Robinson.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw417
Thank you john garfield. I always enjoy your insights on this board
Especially on Robinson.
Now Robinson's a subject I can warm to.

I don't remember reading how old you are, but how do you know so much about these fighters from the '50s and early '60s?

I can't say I've seen that many tapes of Lausse and Hank.

However you arrived at this matchup, it would've been a humdinger. And in person, ringside, would have killed anyone with high blood pressure.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield
Now Robinson's a subject I can warm to.

I don't remember reading how old you are, but how do you know so much about these fighters from the '50s and early '60s?

I can't say I've seen that many tapes of Lausse and Hank.

However you arrived at this matchup, it would've been a humdinger. And in person, ringside, would have killed anyone with high blood pressure.
Absolutely. Robinson was special.

I'm 43....Getting up there a little but still punching....I just really enjoy watching the fighters from the '50's/'60's...

On Lausse/Hank tapes....quite honestly I've seen just two. Lausse/Fullmer and Hank/Tiger....Just read up on them a bit.

That's hilarious. Maybe they might have had to pass out heart defibrilators as well!! Nice talking to you a bit...
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
frankwornank
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i Sure Would Pay To See That One. Lausse 62 Ko's In His 75 Wins And Hank 40 In His 62 Wins. It Would Be A Toss -up.

like The Previous Guy Said, " They Could Both Crack".

if I Had To Make A Choice, I'd Go With Lausse. He Had Fewer Losses Than Hank And Was The Harder Puncher.
frankwornank is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Great matchup Dan!

As to who I think win, it`s hard to say really. Lausse was the bigger puncher as mentioned previously, but Henry could punch damn hard as well. Both men were extremely durable and had good stamina, although I would give the edge to Lausse in stamina as Henry did not train as hard as he should have for some of his fights due his penchant for partying. I think this fight goes the distance no matter what, and it would likely be a split decision either way.

The reason for that being that it would depend on what the judges favoured... Eduardo`s shorter, crisper punches or Henry`s high workrate and aggression. I can see Lausse countering and playing the matador to Hank`s aggression and pressure, and this would likely have made it a difficult fight to score. Either way, this would have been sheer violence and I would have definately gotten a seat ringside for it. One thing is for sure and that is that they don`t make em` like these two anymore...

Lausse SD Hank, although Henry would win at least one or two in a series of fights between them.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging B(_)LL
Great matchup Dan!

As to who I think win, it`s hard to say really. Lausse was the bigger puncher as mentioned previously, but Henry could punch damn hard as well. Both men were extremely durable and had good stamina, although I would give the edge to Lausse in stamina as Henry did not train as hard as he should have for some of his fights due his penchant for partying. I think this fight goes the distance no matter what, and it would likely be a split decision either way.

The reason for that being that it would depend on what the judges favoured... Eduardo`s shorter, crisper punches or Henry`s high workrate and aggression. I can see Lausse countering and playing the matador to Hank`s aggression and pressure, and this would likely have made it a difficult fight to score. Either way, this would have been sheer violence and I would have definately gotten a seat ringside for it. One thing is for sure and that is that they don`t make em` like these two anymore...

Lausse SD Hank, although Henry would win at least one or two in a series of fights between them.
Thanks, Craig
Always enjoy your insights and analysis on these match ups. I'm beginning to appreciate fighters like Lausse/Hank more and more...They were special back in the day.
dpw417 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum