Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
That is bullshit. Hatton is elite, and if Floyd wins, it's because he was better.
Hatton is a well managed B+ with an obscene amount of glaring flaws, too many to be an elite. Floyd cherry picked him for that reason alone, Hatton will make him look good while he's opening up combinations on him, especially after he's been criticised for pot shotting in his last two.

He can counter and open up on Hatton all night and easily dispose of him after a nice beatdown, thus making him appear very appealing once again to people who think Hatton is a true elite.

Wait until it happens and Hatton gets crushed like a 2nd tier fighter would get crushed.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #17
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojednep
So I guess you'll be using the old "Hatton was exposed tonight" standby after the fight!
Sorry, but I'm pointing out Hatton's problems now, before they happen. Thus he is not 'exposed', as I already know and have assessed the situation.

He is what he is, just extremely, extremely overrated.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

I don't think it'll be that easy. Floyd will more than likely win but he will run & gun like he usually does after talking like he's gonna KO him.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

If Ricky Hatton somehow beat Mayweather (very, very slim, I know), would that catapult him into ATG status?
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #20
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
I don't think it'll be that easy. Floyd will more than likely win but he will run & gun like he usually does after talking like he's gonna KO him.
What does Hatton have to make Floyd pot shot?

He doesn't even have a good, stiff, controlling jab like Castillo, Cotto, or DLH for that matter and he doesn't have a size advantage either. He's an easy target for counters because he's always squared up and always head first, he is not a gifted 'pressure technition' like the type that troubles Floyd and Floyd is going to own him.

Best stylistic comparison to Hatton is a 'rough housing swarmer', that's what he is, not a technition and he's going to get massacred by Floyd.

Does everyone even realise that Hatton struggles most with slick counter punchers? Or is everyone a ****ing moron?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
If Ricky Hatton somehow beat Mayweather (very, very slim, I know), would that catapult him into ATG status?
Well, would that show Mayweather's status up, or catapult Ricky's?

Because ATG's generally have ATG ability and Hatton clearly does not. Hatton and Pavlik are about the same level of fighter in their respective styles, effective B class guys that don't deserve 'elite' consideration.

We know Pavlik would get crushed by Hagler early, as would he against Monzon, not even putting up a challenge for either(two obvious MW ATG's), yet if he defeated Taylor again and Hopkins does that make him a true elite?

I don't think so. It's likely Pavlik loses against the top elite, very badly, such against Dawson if he ever hit LHW. I could also see Abraham KTFO Pavlik and Abraham is also a B class.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #22
chadolson

No one on earth can outbox Floyd. Fighters who stand on the outside just get cut to ribbons, but a swarmer like Hatton might be able to pull it off. Who knows..

Thinking back, Johansen and Lewis got the 'Hollywood Jinx'. Did Floyd?
chadolson is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #23
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

This always helps remind me:

BORKED
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #24
JustinD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1583

Hatton is a far more effective pressure fighter than Oscar, so just because Floyd beat Oscar doesn't mean he'll beat Hatton. However Mayweather is the clear favourite, but Hatton is a live underdog thats for sure.
JustinD is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #25
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Hatton is a well managed B+ with an obscene amount of glaring flaws, too many to be an elite. Floyd cherry picked him for that reason alone, Hatton will make him look good while he's opening up combinations on him, especially after he's been criticised for pot shotting in his last two.

He can counter and open up on Hatton all night and easily dispose of him after a nice beatdown, thus making him appear very appealing once again to people who think Hatton is a true elite.

Wait until it happens and Hatton gets crushed like a 2nd tier fighter would get crushed.
Ahhh so what your saying is that floyd has obvioulsy avoided better opposition and is ducking the true elites (who ever they are) to fight a b+ fighter in hatton...and is fighting someone that he KNOWS he can beat for the sake of fools gold and underserved glory???

**** off you dipshit...honesly you nuthuggers crack me up
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #26
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
Ahhh so what your saying is that floyd has obvioulsy avoided better opposition and is ducking the true elites (who ever they are) to fight a b+ fighter in hatton...and is fighting someone that he KNOWS he can beat for the sake of fools gold and underserved glory???

**** off you dipshit...honesly you nuthuggers crack me up
Amsterdam is 100% correct. Floyd is a nightmare to Hatton. And he is no Floyd nuthugger. He is a the leader of the Calzaghian but knows what he is talking about sometimes. The other times he is in la la land with China Hand.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #27
Tencount85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I like Hatton a lot more then Mayweather, but Mayweather is probably going to bust him up and win a decision. Hatton has the right idea to the try to pressure him, will see how it goes.
Tencount85 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 AM   #28
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Me
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #29
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmelicious
good post noob! comparing odlh to hatton is a ****ing joke! odlh is not a pressure guy the way ricky is! not even close. if anyone has the style to give pbf fits it is ricky hatton. no one else can fight like him. it is his bread and butter. he does not need to try and be a pressure fighter like odlh did. he is that type of fighter, and always has been. like his style or not is of no matter. it has worked for him thus far. same goes for pbf! there's only 1 ricky hatton! can he win? thats very debateable, but comparing him to the way odlh fought hatton is a terrible comparison!
Yeah, DLH actually pressure's behind a good jab and sound technique, Hatton just swarms face forward.

They sure are nothing alike, that's for damn sure, and I'll tell you now that the face forward plower doesn't have near the success as the sound technique jabber, who can offset speed and use his jab to time his way in and try to unload.

Come on guys, even Too Pretty, a bad Floyd nuthugger agree's that this is an easy fight and that Hatton is vastly overrated. It's no big deal, let's just hope he fights Cotto next.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #30
roly
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
You guys kill me!

Hatton is at the worst stylistic disadvantage against Mayweather, he will be picked apart all night long and stopped late after accumulated damage. Hatton won't win a single round.

I suppose you all assume that all pressure guys are the same, wrong, Hatton is nothing like Castillo or Cotto, the style that does pressure and bother Floyd. Hatton is straight forward, with no jab, head first and open always and won't be able to rough house effectively.

He gets annihilated, JESUS, grow up.

I just wish people would realise that Hatton isn't even a true elite, doesnt deserve a top 10 p4p ranking, that'd just make my whole day.

so when hatton at least gives pbf one of his toughest fights or hopefully beats him will you admit you haven't got a clue?
roly is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum