boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #31
BOOKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Hatton is a well managed B+ with an obscene amount of glaring flaws, too many to be an elite. Floyd cherry picked him for that reason alone, Hatton will make him look good while he's opening up combinations on him, especially after he's been criticised for pot shotting in his last two.

He can counter and open up on Hatton all night and easily dispose of him after a nice beatdown, thus making him appear very appealing once again to people who think Hatton is a true elite.

Wait until it happens and Hatton gets crushed like a 2nd tier fighter would get crushed.
Fair enough thats your opinion, but if Hatton ends up winning or at least giving PBF a decent fight in defeat. Will you be man enough to come on here and say

" I was wrong, hatton gave him a good fight, I am obviously not as knowledgable as I think I am because my prediction that smacked of arrogance by belittling other opinions was in fact completely wrong "

Or will you just make lame ass excuses like most people on here who make patronising yet wrong predictions ??
BOOKA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #32
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

To all those who are starting to lean towards Hatton...PLEASE lay money on this fight.

I need to maximize my profit.
SKULLSPLITTER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #33
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Hatton is a well managed B+ with an obscene amount of glaring flaws, too many to be an elite. Floyd cherry picked him for that reason alone, Hatton will make him look good while he's opening up combinations on him, especially after he's been criticised for pot shotting in his last two.

He can counter and open up on Hatton all night and easily dispose of him after a nice beatdown, thus making him appear very appealing once again to people who think Hatton is a true elite.

Wait until it happens and Hatton gets crushed like a 2nd tier fighter would get crushed.
I disagree vehemently with these assumptions. Let me focus well on the logical implication please - Hatton's flaws are stylistically favourable to Mayweather and therefore, Floyd picked him to bring the best of his game against this individual in particular. That is the substance of the post and statements.
However, the sense of the logical implication is reversed if the second statement is negated. That is, (A [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] B) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (-B [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -A) : Many have said that Hatton's pressure fight style is not favourable to Mayweather and use the Castillo n Hoya as blueprints, patterns to make that assumption. I would suggest that Hatton is a very good pressure aggressor cause he's not flawless n still is an undefeated top P4Per - There you have the negation of the second statement. The reversion of the statement is that Mayweather cannot counter, open up on Hatton all night and dispose of him after the alleged whoppin has taken place. That is the same to say that Mayweather will pot shot Hatton still and won't look better than against his last two opponents ( -B) and the negation of the statement assigned is that he did pick Hatton for other reasons such as profit, business logic and/or to avoid other opponents (-A). Thanks.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #34
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
I disagree vehemently with these assumptions. Let me focus well on the logical implication please - Hatton's flaws are stylistically favourable to Mayweather and therefore, Floyd picked him to bring the best of his game against this individual in particular. That is the substance of the post and statements.
However, the sense of the logical implication is reversed if the second statement is negated. That is, (A [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] B) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (-B [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -A) : Many have said that Hatton's pressure fight style is not favourable to Mayweather and use the Castillo n Hoya as blueprints, patterns to make that assumption. I would suggest that Hatton is a very good pressure aggressor cause he's not flawless n still is an undefeated top P4Per - There you have the negation of the second statement. The reversion of the statement is that Mayweather cannot counter, open up on Hatton all night and dispose of him after the alleged whoppin has taken place. That is the same to say that Mayweather will pot shot Hatton still and won't look better than against his last two opponents ( -B) and that negation of the statement assigned is that he did pick Hatton for other reasons such as profit, business logic and/or to avoid other opponents (-A). Thanks.

was this a math problem?????????
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #35
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
was this a math problem?????????
Logical implications and rhetoric, I presume. You try to make thesis statements based on wrong hyphotesis. Hatton was not picked cause he's stylistically favourable to Floyd ( even considering his flaws), therefore Floyd cannot look "better" than he did the last two times just based on his opponent Hatton. Floyd can only look "better" if he fights a different kinda fight, I guess anyone would agree with this evidence.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #36
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Logical implications and rhetoric, I presume. You try to make thesis statements based on wrong hyphotesis. Hatton was not picked cause he's stylistically favourable to Floyd ( even considering his flaws), therefore Floyd cannot look "better" than he did the last two times just based on his opponent Hatton. Floyd can only look "better" if he fights a different kinda fight, I guess anyone would agree with this evidence.
so what your saying is Floyd will fight a different fight then his last two fights?
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #37
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

I gather that some of you feel Hatton is the hungrier, more motivated fighter because he's less accomplished,.etc etc etc!!

What makes you guys honestly feel like Floyd isn't as hungry or even hungrier. He has alot more to lose than Hatton which include his welterweight title, and #1 status as best P4P fighter in the world! You think he's taking Hatton lightly. Don't let 24/7 fool you Floyd's dedicated to this. Just because you see all that Hatton training camp work, and talk doesn't make him the hungrier fighter. That's not Floyds style. Sometimes I feel like Hatton and there camp are trying to convince themselves that they're gonna win! Oscar did the same thing, and talked the same talk, and it convinced alot of ppl that he was hungrier, working harder, and wanted it more sorta like w/Hatton now!

One thing we need to remember here,...Floyd has a bad taste in his mouth for Hatton, and has bad intention come fight night! I think the 1st couple rds will possibly go back and forth, but after that Floyd will turn it up, and put it on Hatton. He wants to make Hatton eat his words, and he will be looking to make a BIG Statement courtesy of Hatton's face and body!!

Floyd by late rd stoppage!!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #38
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
so what your saying is Floyd will fight a different fight then his last two fights?
No, he will not. Mayweather will use the same strategy of the Baldomir fight or else he wouldn't have Baldomir himself as a sparring partner. I mean, what is the obvious reason he is using the argentinian stronger man if he's not expecting to be physically pressured? He could have sparred with a shorter stocky partner so that he could work on his offense. Oh no, he's still and mostly working on defense and counter-punching on the back foot.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #39
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggame
I gather that some of you feel Hatton is the hungrier, more motivated fighter because he's less accomplished,.etc etc etc!!

What makes you guys honestly feel like Floyd isn't as hungry or even hungrier. He has alot more to lose than Hatton which include his welterweight title, and #1 status as best P4P fighter in the world! You think he's taking Hatton lightly.

One thing we need to remember here,... I think the 1st couple rds will possibly go back and forth, but after that Floyd will turn it up, and put it on Hatton. He wants to make Hatton eat his words, and he will be looking to make a BIG Statement courtesy of Hatton's face and body!!
Hatton is hungrier and more motivated simply cause he wants what Mayweather already has. Floyd has a lot to lose but nothing more to gain in physical terms, so he can't be hungrier than against Baldomir ( to win the WBC ww title) and against Hoya ( to win the WBC sw title n achieve a lot in reputation) and he surely as hell can't be hungrier than a man who wants to disprove that he can't win a ww title and Top P4P stature.

I also think the first coupla rounds will go back and forth just like Cotto-Mosley but Floyd can only turn it up if Hatton slows down n breaks, otherwise I would believe that Floyd is the stronger man to overcome Hatton physically at any given time and I don't believe in that. Leonard Ellerbe said the same - that only thing Floyd is doing come December 8th is to make a statement and only to challenge himself - what does that prove? That Ellerbe is confident in Mayweather and disrespects Hatton, only that would provide enough matter for Hatton to be hungrier and angrier.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #40
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Hatton is hungrier and more motivated simply cause he wants what Mayweather already has. Floyd has a lot to lose but nothing more to gain in physical terms, so he can't be hungrier than against Baldomir ( to win the WBC ww title) and against Hoya ( to win the WBC sw title n achieve a lot in reputation) and he surely as hell can't be hungrier than a man who wants to disprove that he can't win a ww title and Top P4P stature.

I also think the first coupla rounds will go back and forth just like Cotto-Mosley but Floyd can only turn it up if Hatton slows down n breaks, otherwise I would believe that Floyd is the stronger man to overcome Hatton physically at any given time and I don't believe in that. Leonard Ellerbe said the same - that only thing Floyd is doing come December 8th is to make a statement and only to challenge himself - what does that prove? That Ellerbe is confident in Mayweather and disrespects Hatton, only that would provide enough matter for Hatton to be hungrier and angrier.
Well, that's your opionion and I respectfully disagree! The fact that Floyd having everything to lose alone will motivate him, and make him the hungrier fighter. Floyd's not a fighter who loses focus, and Hatton's comments themselves are motivating enough to make you work harder to whoop ass at the end of the day! What does the 24/7 episodes prove by showing more of Hatton in the gym than Floyd, or Hatton working harder in the Gym than Floyd! It proves that it's a show that's edited!! It doesn't necessarily mean it's the case. Just because Hatton talks it non-stop and Floyd seems more confident about it than talkative doesn't mean he(Floyd) aint going at it just as hard in the gym as Hatton! Like I said,..don't let 24/7 fool ya!

IMO they both have a reason to be motivated, and hungry, but at the end of the day skills and who want it more that win out!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM   #41
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 19,935
vCash: 622
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

I watched both episodes of 24/7, and got the impession that while PBF is training hard he seems to regard Hatton as just another opponent. I think that is a mistake. Hatton on the other hand seems to genuinely despise Floyd, and wants to hurt him. That's just the impression I get. As for the fight itself I think Mayweather is underestimating Hatton a bit, and may get a serious surprise come fight time. Right now my best prediction is that Floyd gets the **** beat out of him on his way to a UD. In terms of legacy sometimes two fighters need each other. Names like Frazier/Ali, Arguello/Pryor, and Lenoard/Hearns are forever linked in the minds of boxing fans. Mayweather/Hatton may be just that kind of pairing. I hope so!!!

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #42
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 563
Default Re: Who Else Were Previously Undecided But Now Starting To Lean Towards Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Yeah, DLH actually pressure's behind a good jab and sound technique, Hatton just swarms face forward.
Hatton won't be shut out any worse than Oscar.

Hatton is quicker and more accurate.

Last edited by Boom_Boom; 10-12-2006 at 12:35 AM.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015