Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #46
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001
he still beat peter's fat ass and would probALLY KO HIM IF THEY FIGHT AGAIN.
I know, isn't it funny how they try to shoot down his accomplishments?
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #47
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001
he still beat peter's fat ass and would probALLY KO HIM IF THEY FIGHT AGAIN.
It was Wlads last tough fight, Peter gave him all he could handle by flooring hin 3 times. I would give Wlad the slight advantage, but it would be a good fight I would love to see again.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #48
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
No, there are some gay Wlad lovers on ESB I have come across, but some like yourself are married and like him as just a fighter.
Cut the shit with the gay remarks then okay? Quite honestly if I heard that Wlad was gay I would still appreciate the way he destroys the competition.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #49
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,002
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
you cant tell me this heavyweight division isnt weak.
The heavyweight divsion isn't weak.


The best fighters have not been fighting each other. That's the prolbem. Its not the quality of fighters, is the lack of quality fights being made.


But the titles being apart is a hinderance that is finally starting to change, so things are looking up.

And on the other point, Wlad beats anyone currently fighting, so if he continues as he is, and nothing out of the oridinary happens, he beats anyone they put in front of him. Period. I don't think many will disagree with that.

( but then again, in the heavyweight division, anything can happen.....so.........)

Last edited by elTerrible; 10-08-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #50
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF
NEVER gonna happen. I watched Chambers get his ass kick everyday by Wlad when Chambers was Wlads sparing partner for the Brock fight. Wlad was beating him so bad, they sent chambers home.
I will agree to Lifetime ban if wald loses to Chambers
You have nothing to worry about
drvooh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #51
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,528
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Realistically Chagaev, Valuev, Peter & Povetkin are the only current fighters that stand a chance IMO. I'm being 100% honest here. Each for different reasons too.................If he defeats all of them he will be ranked in in personal top 10 all time.
PETER NOPE. VALLY GOTS A GOOD CHANCE POVETIKIN HAVENT' SEEN HIM MUCH SO I CAN'T SAY. RUSLAN I GIVE A GOOD CHANCE DEPENDS IF HIS CHIN CAN TAKE THE SHOTS
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #52
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
The heavyweight divsion isn't weak.


The best fighters have not been fighting each other. That's the prolbem. Its not the quality of fighters, is the lack of quality fights being made.


But the titles being apart is a hinderance that is finally starting to change, so things are looking up.

And on the other point, Wlad beats anyone currently fighting, so if he continues as he is, and nothing out of the oridinary happens, he beats anyone they put in front of him. Period. I don't think many will disagree with that.

( but then again, in the heavyweight division, anything can happen.....so.........)
I agree the best fighters havnt been fighting, which is part of the reason no one outside of diehard fans even watch the Heavyweight division anymore. I still think the inactivity of some title holders is a problem as well, we need to see more of the title holders fighting more than 1 or 2 times a year. Guys like Maskaev, Chagaev, and Vitali are part of the problem, they really hurt any type of progression of the Heavyweight division that is struggling to gain any type of popularity with fight fans.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #53
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,528
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
It was Wlads last tough fight, Peter gave him all he could handle by flooring hin 3 times. I would give Wlad the slight advantage, but it would be a good fight I would love to see again.
im not saying it wasn't an entertaing fight but all thoughs rabbid punches he had like one ligit knock down. but other then that WLAD clearly out boxed him and at the end he cracked him with that left hook (and i think cracked the chin perminetly). wlad i think would be a better fighter all around and takes him out in 7 or 9 rds. since peter got cracked with that left hook(now correct me if im wrong cuz i remeber him never being wobbled) he was stunned by freaking toney at times in the 1 st fight and was almost KO'd by McCline for gosh sakes. i think the hook took away his confidence on taking a punch much like sanders did to wlad for a while. that is why i see wlad having an easier time with him the 2nd time around.
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #54
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,528
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
The heavyweight divsion isn't weak.


The best fighters have not been fighting each other. That's the prolbem. Its not the quality of fighters, is the lack of quality fights being made.


But the titles being apart is a hinderance that is finally starting to change, so things are looking up.

And on the other point, Wlad beats anyone currently fighting, so if he continues as he is, and nothing out of the oridinary happens, he beats anyone they put in front of him. Period. I don't think many will disagree with that.

( but then again, in the heavyweight division, anything can happen.....so.........)
i think he meant in america cuz in america it's week alot of times american fans don't see a decent american heavey weight they won't tune in . in the past the HW champ was usally american now we dnt have that we just need to face the fact that it's time to move on . but i still have hope for another young tyson, or ali to come along but if he happens to be from another country well hell thats life just sick back and enjoy . sometimes it hard for my fellow americans to appricate foriegn talent
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:47 PM   #55
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
Wlad has looked unbeatable in his last 2 years, beating his last 4 oppenents by knockout. In the next 2 years there are handful oppenents he will probably end up fighting, Iggy, Povetkin/Chambers, Thompson, and maybe Chagaev. So does anyone see Wlad losing to one of these fighters in the next 2 years, or is this gay fighter destined to rule the weak division for the rest of the decade and beyond?

Gay fighter? You are a tool and have been added to the ignore list. I wish there was an age requirement to post on esb, let alone a knowledge requirement.
LennoxGOAT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #56
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001
im not saying it wasn't an entertaing fight but all thoughs rabbid punches he had like one ligit knock down. but other then that WLAD clearly out boxed him and at the end he cracked him with that left hook (and i think cracked the chin perminetly). wlad i think would be a better fighter all around and takes him out in 7 or 9 rds. since peter got cracked with that left hook(now correct me if im wrong cuz i remeber him never being wobbled) he was stunned by freaking toney at times in the 1 st fight and was almost KO'd by McCline for gosh sakes. i think the hook took away his confidence on taking a punch much like sanders did to wlad for a while. that is why i see wlad having an easier time with him the 2nd time around.
He had Wlad hanging on for dear life a couple times in there fight, he definitely got some of his shots in on Wlad. Wlad won the match, but it wasnt easy.

I think Peter was ill prepared for his match against Mccline, a 10 day notice he had gave him very little time with a new sparring partner that was around the same size as Mccline. Mccline gave Peter all he could handle, he was very game, tough oppenent. I will say Peter showed alot of heart and improved boxing ability in coming back and winning. I just hope that fight was a fluke, and he can come back and knockout Maskaev in his next fight and show the world what he's made of.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #57
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,140
vCash: 2426
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
Gay fighter? You are a tool and have been added to the ignore list. I wish there was an age requirement to post on esb, let alone a knowledge requirement.
CHEF is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #58
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxGOAT
Gay fighter? You are a tool and have been added to the ignore list. I wish there was an age requirement to post on esb, let alone a knowledge requirement.
Ok, Im sure I have more knowledge than you, judging by most of your posts you have very little to say or to contribute. It was more of a joke when I called Wlad gay, but I obviously hurt your feelings by making fun of your hero, for that Im sorry.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #59
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

He could easily lose any fight in the next two years but he could win any fight too.
mike464 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #60
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,140
vCash: 2426
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
He had Wlad hanging on for dear life a couple times in there fight, he definitely got some of his shots in on Wlad. Wlad won the match, but it wasnt easy.

I think Peter was ill prepared for his match against Mccline, a 10 day notice he had gave him very little time with a new sparring partner that was around the same size as Mccline. Mccline gave Peter all he could handle, he was very game, tough oppenent. I will say Peter showed alot of heart and improved boxing ability in coming back and winning. I just hope that fight was a fluke, and he can come back and knockout Maskaev in his next fight and show the world what he's made of.
This Maskaev/Peter fight is going to be very interesting. I see it going either way. It all depends which Peter and which Maskaev come to fight. I dont think peter has been the same since the Wlad fight.... Im just not sure who to pick yet
CHEF is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013