boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2007, 12:00 AM   #61
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426
Default Re: Will Wlad lose a fight in the next 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
He's just a hater.................no need to make him look more like a loser than he already does by posting such bull****. I humor him for the amusement of the other posters.....................
CHEF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 AM   #62
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
He had Wlad hanging on for dear life a couple times in there fight, he definitely got some of his shots in on Wlad. Wlad won the match, but it wasnt easy.

I think Peter was ill prepared for his match against Mccline, a 10 day notice he had gave him very little time with a new sparring partner that was around the same size as Mccline. Mccline gave Peter all he could handle, he was very game, tough oppenent. I will say Peter showed alot of heart and improved boxing ability in coming back and winning. I just hope that fight was a fluke, and he can come back and knockout Maskaev in his next fight and show the world what he's made of.
im not saying he never hurt wald just saying alot of the flopping around came from rabbid puncjing wich is illegal for a reason. and yes his boxing has improved
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #63
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Ok, Im sure I have more knowledge than you, judging by most of your posts you have very little to say or to contribute. It was more of a joke when I called Wlad gay, but I obviously hurt your feelings by making fun of your hero, for that Im sorry.
tays001 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #64
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF
This Maskaev/Peter fight is going to be very interesting. I see it going either way. It all depends which Peter and which Maskaev come to fight. I dont think peter has been the same since the Wlad fight.... Im just not sure who to pick yet
I think Peter will win, but it might not be as easy as I once thought. I think Peter will hurt Maskaev early and will get him out of there by the 3rd round with a fight ending overhand right, its one of Peters favorite punches and its a punch that is easy to land on Maskaev.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #65
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think Peter will win, but it might not be as easy as I once thought. I think Peter will hurt Maskaev early and will get him out of there by the 3rd round with a fight ending overhand right, its one of Peters favorite punches and its a punch that is easy to land on Maskaev.
before the McCline fight I would have agreed with you...NOW..Im not sure about Peters chin against Maskaev...IMO if Peter doesnt get him out early..I think Peter may be in trouble
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #66
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001
im not saying he never hurt wald just saying alot of the flopping around came from rabbid puncjing wich is illegal for a reason. and yes his boxing has improved
I think most of the rabbit punches came from Wlad putting his head and turning his back, which is the reason the ref didnt penalize Peter for them. It was a fun fight to watch and pretty competitve for the most part, I would love to see them in another shoot out.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #67
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think most of the rabbit punches came from Wlad putting his head and turning his back, which is the reason the ref didnt penalize Peter for them. It was a fun fight to watch and pretty competitve for the most part, I would love to see them in another shoot out.
I dont see a rematch happening...not because of Peter..but because of Peters reps....NO WAY Don King wants any part of Wlad if Peter beats Maskaev.

DK will want to control that belt as long as possable and he wont chance the lost againt Wlad
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #68
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF
before the McCline fight I would have agreed with you...NOW..Im not sure about Peters chin against Maskaev...IMO if Peter doesnt get him out early..I think Peter may be in trouble
Yeah I could agree with you there, but Peters boxing ability has improved which could give him a decent chance of winning if it does go past the 6 round. As a Peter fan I would be lying to you if I said I wasnt a little nervous about this match, but in the end I hope Peter proves to be the better man at the end of the night.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #69
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree the best fighters havnt been fighting, which is part of the reason no one outside of diehard fans even watch the Heavyweight division anymore. I still think the inactivity of some title holders is a problem as well, we need to see more of the title holders fighting more than 1 or 2 times a year. Guys like Maskaev, Chagaev, and Vitali are part of the problem, they really hurt any type of progression of the Heavyweight division that is struggling to gain any type of popularity with fight fans.
I agree with that. The snail's pace some of these guys fight at is crazy. And when you have the best fighters not fighting each other, combined with the best fighters fighting only a couple three times a year..........No wonder the divsion is hurting.

But I think things are starting to improve. I think 2008 will be the best year for the heavies in a long time.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #70
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
I agree with that. The snail's pace some of these guys fight at is crazy. And when you have the best fighters not fighting each other, combined with the fighters fighting a couple times a year..........No wonder the divsion is hurting.

But I think things are starting to improve. I think 2008 will be the best year for the heavies in a long time.
I think it will be a great years as well, it starts off with a bang with both Povetkin/Chambers and Valuev/Liakhovich fighting, Feb. is even stronger with Peter/Maskaev and Wlad/Iggy fighting. As long as these fights are not postponed we are going to have one hell of a head start for having a good year, I hope to Chagaev to come out strong as well this coming year.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #71
JET
G.O.A.T.
ESB Full Member

SURPRISE!!!!! He'll lose to Ibragimov in Feb.
JET is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #72
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyOunce
Lord just let peter get another shot at wlad!!! GO PETER GO
Where were you when the Wlad lovers ganged up on me a couple a hours ago, I was getting hit with hate posts one after another. Peter is going to knockout Maskaev in a couple of months and I cant wait to see it, after that no one could deny Peter being in the 2 spot.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #73
Rudolph
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Where were you when the Wlad lovers ganged up on me a couple a hours ago, I was getting hit with hate posts one after another. Peter is going to knockout Maskaev in a couple of months and I cant wait to see it, after that no one could deny Peter being in the 2 spot.
Hey, but i thought you said Iggy was the weakest beltholder. And then you said Wlad was a good heavyweight and the best title-holder. And now you're supporting a poster who says Iggy is going to beat Wlad. Hater!
Rudolph is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #74
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

I think he will. But I don't think Ibragimov will do it. It'll be Povetkin next year.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #75
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Quite honestly Povetkin matches up better vs. Chagaev or Ibragimov, but it's too soon for that level of competition IMO too.
I think he's ready for everyone except Wlad. Is Ibragimov really better than Chambers?

After Chambers he should fight two big guys:
Thompson and either Dimitrenko or Virchis.
Then he should be ready for Wlad.
Fat Tony is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum