Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #16
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197
Default Re: Next If Pavlik Wins...

If he stays at middle i would like to see him unify all the titles!

Take on Sturm first then a showdown Abraham.

Last edited by rumour24tiger; 02-10-2006 at 10:58 AM.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #17
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Shaky Chinned? how is that? I dont believe he's even been knocked down or seriously hurt
Didnt you know how high people's standards are today.

You get wobbled once by an ATG HOF undisputed Middleweight Champion and you are officially weak chinned.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #18
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Taylor's chin seems fine, but he's never faced a big puncher...we will see what happens if he faces a guy like Miranda, Pavlik, or Abraham.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #19
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

I think he should kick all of those overrated Euros' asses starting with I guess Abraham if he wanted to do it alphabetically or Sturm if he wanted to go from easiest to hardest. Of course, this is provided he kicks that overrated American's ass which I can't see him not doing.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #20
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Taylor's chin seems fine, but he's never faced a big puncher...we will see what happens if he faces a guy like Miranda, Pavlik, or Abraham.
Two of those are interesting somewhat competitive fights. Miranda gets KOd brutally by Jermain.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
I don't give Kelly much chance against Taylor, and even less chance against Calzaghe or Kessler. He fought well against Miranda, but Miranda has NEVER impressed me.
And Taylor has? Don't get me wrong, Miranda never impressed me either, but neither has Taylor. As a matter of fact, those 2 should be fighting for a Barbie belt, or Batman's utility belt, or the Bible belt or whatever other meaningless belt they have out there.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #22
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Fighter
I think he should kick all of those overrated Euros' asses starting with I guess Abraham if he wanted to do it alphabetically or Sturm if he wanted to go from easiest to hardest. Of course, this is provided he kicks that overrated American's ass which I can't see him not doing.
Overrated?

I dont think Abraham or Sturm are pumped up by people at all though Abraham is a very good fighter.

Overrated would be Miranda who was supposed to be such a nasty fighter on the verge of a HBO contract against Pavlik yet got destroyed.Why shouldnt Pavlik take ALL of his thunder since he is a better fighter with GREAT power and know's how to harness it unlike Miranda and Taylor.

I like Taylor but you cant make anymore excuses for his piss poor performances in his last 4-5 fights.

I would rather watch a guy who steam rolls through his opponents over someone who constantly struggles against guys he is supposed to beat.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

My bad Club Fighter i though you were talking about Taylor.

Im on the same boat with you.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

stay at 160 for now and create a legacy for himself there, at this moment in time i give him next to zero chance at 168 against the likes of calzaghe and kessler.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #25
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Another fun matchup if Pavlik beats Taylor is a voluntary title defense against John Duddy. It would be great for fans and should be an impressive KO win for Pavlik before he decides to unify. This of course if he gets past Taylor which is no sure thing.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #26
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Fighter
And Taylor has? Don't get me wrong, Miranda never impressed me either, but neither has Taylor. As a matter of fact, those 2 should be fighting for a Barbie belt, or Batman's utility belt, or the Bible belt or whatever other meaningless belt they have out there.
Taylor is undefeated. He has beaten Bernard twice.

Don't start with the he-hasn't stuff, I don't give a hoot about how close the decisions were. I scored both narrowly for Taylor but if they had been ruled draws or even NARROW Hopkins victories, it would not have bothered me and it would still be a major accomplishment.

He took on Winky, a great pound for pounder and got a draw. (Again it could have been a narrow Taylor win or a narrow Winky win, doesn't change the accomplishment.)

Cory Spinks is a very skilled fighter who makes opponents look bad. Jermain won anyway (The only performance he has put on that disappointed me.)

So yes, I'm impressed with Jermain until someone dominates him and that won't be either of Pavlik or Miranda.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
Vincent Gottschalk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

After Pavlik knocks Taylor flat He should fight Abraham then Duddy after those wins he should move up too 168 too fight Calzaghe and Kessler
Vincent Gottschalk is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #28
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gottschalk
After Pavlik knocks Taylor flat He should fight Abraham then Duddy after those wins he should move up too 168 too fight Calzaghe and Kessler

...and why stop there?

When he finishes cleaning out SMW, he can beat up Adamek and Dawson, then skip over cruiser and go straight after the Klitschkos, Chagaev and the Sultan, and unify heavywt too !

I like pavlik from the limited amount of him I've seen, but from that limited exposure, he seems a bit limited. He's probably the toughest guy at middle but he's not the best.

If he takes things slowly and continues to improve, some day he might do SOME of the above stuff.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #29
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
IF Pavlik wins?? Count on it - he's gonna starch that shaky-chinned HBO hype job so quick, they won't have a chance to get him another GIFT DECISION!!!!
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #30
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Taylor is undefeated. He has beaten Bernard twice.

Don't start with the he-hasn't stuff, I don't give a hoot about how close the decisions were. I scored both narrowly for Taylor but if they had been ruled draws or even NARROW Hopkins victories, it would not have bothered me and it would still be a major accomplishment.

He took on Winky, a great pound for pounder and got a draw. (Again it could have been a narrow Taylor win or a narrow Winky win, doesn't change the accomplishment.)

Cory Spinks is a very skilled fighter who makes opponents look bad. Jermain won anyway (The only performance he has put on that disappointed me.)

So yes, I'm impressed with Jermain until someone dominates him and that won't be either of Pavlik or Miranda.
So, if I gather correctly, what you're saying is your impressed by a young gunner Olympic-Bronze Medalist who eeked out a coupla decisions (which many say he lost) against a 40 year-old fighter whose best days are behind him. I suppose you're also impressed by his ability to absorb leather from a smaller defensive minded fighter whom he should have beaten had he listened to his corner but instead earned a draw that he himself sounded as if he didn't think he deserved. You must also be impressed by the way he was able to carry Cory (yawn!) Spinks twelve rounds while 147 lber Zab Judah KO'd him. What impressed you the most, though, was probably his thrilling victory over the smaller Kassim Ouma whom Jermain Taylor had every statistical advantage over yet was not able to dispose of.

You know what impresses me most about him is how he runs his mouth in press conferences about how animalistic he is and then turns into a *****cat as soon as he enters the ring. Taylor is incorrigible. Every time I see him I'm thinking "Jermain, work off the jab, stop throwing nothing but haymakers," "Jermain, you keep throwing those wild punches and you're gonna get KO'd" "Jermain, you're an Olympic-medalist, show some pedigree, quit lookin' like an amateur in there," "Jermain, you're one helluva lucky fighter cuz if you came in Welter your "0" woulda gone a loooong time ago." Jermain is nothing more than a slightly taller Miranda with a little less power.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum