Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158
Default Re: Roy Jones Jnr V Hagler and SRR

Both would KO Jones who has no Chin and no Plan B in a fight and he would need a Plan B against both SRR and Hagler.

Who did Jones fight that was even close to either of these guys? Nobody.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
Murali
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1059

Interesting thread this one.

Roy Jones, Hagler and Robinson are three of my all-time favourite fighters so it's tough for me to be unbiased here. But I believe that at 160 Jones can decision both Robinson and Hagler.

It wouldn't make for an interesting fight but if Jones employed the same strategy he did against Hopkins - whether you say Hopkins was "green" or not - I believe he would notch up a decision victory over Hagler or Robinson over 12 rounds. As others have said, the Hagler that beat Hearns and Minter has the best chance of beating Jones, especially if we're talking about a 15-round fight. Otherwise, Jones hits hard enough at 160 to keep these guys off him and hit and run for 12 rounds at least.
Murali is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

I think that this thread is a lot more interesting if there is no 160 weight limit. 175 maybe or perhaps no weight limit 8-10 weeks after each one a middleweight fight.

I think that Robinson has big troubles against JOnes Jr, having never won a light heavyweight fight. PLus i think there are big question marks over his power at the weight. I guess this is balanced by Jone' chin. All in all, i think that this fight could go any way and is a toss up, but i lean slightly towards Jones Jr, who i think would be a little faster and better, as well as naturally bigger. But i dont like Ray as much as the larger weights.

Hagler is another very interesting proposition. I think he beats Ray, desite being unproven at the weight. His chin will hold up to light heavy Roys punches, and his powe will worry Roy. Still, the speed of Roy is going to be a problem, but i see Hagler breaking him down and Koing Roy in the 10th, in another great fight.
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Hagler fights too respectfully and loses.

Robinson wins by knockout.
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
"Marvelous"

vCash: 500

Jones beats Hagler over 12, Hagler stops him over 15.
Robinson beats him in both.
"Marvelous" is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
"Marvelous"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmer View Post
Hagler fights too respectfully and loses.

Robinson wins by knockout.
What do you mean respectfully?
"Marvelous" is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
baddest

at MW I think 51' Robinson KO's RJJ. Robinson faced almost every style of opponent in boxing, and whil RJJ is certainly unique, he is also untested-something we can't say for the Original Sugarman. Robinson has difficulty early on with jones foot and handspeed, regularly eating lead hooks and sturggling to time RJJ. But eventually he realizes he can't outbox RJJ, who is just too fast and he begins to apply educated pressure; setting traps hoping for RJJ to counter, and then throw combinations in an attempt to engage in an exchange. After tasting SRR's power through the mid-rounds onward RJJ resorts to pottshotting, but he lose precious points on the cards for inactivity & from SRR's crowd-pleasing combinations whenever RJJ takes a rest on the ropes. If this is 12 rounds I see RJJ surviving(not without at least one knockdown) and SRR winning a close decision. If it's 15 rounds RJJ gets his head tossed into the second row. 14h round TKFO!!!!
baddest is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum