Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950
Default Dennis Inkin vs Juergen Braehmer?

Is this fight possible at all? I know both fighters are with Kohl, but both have also fought Veit and Veit is also with Kohl... But would Kohl risk his 2 prospects against each other?

With Lacy having an injured shoulder and being out for a while, and with Haussler possibly fighting Berrio for the IBF title...

Chances are this fight would then be a WBA eliminator for Mundine's title (being the 2 higheset rated contendors... Inkin #3, Braehmer #5). So not only would the winner have the biggest win of their career, but they would have a title shot around the corner too (a title shot that would lead to being mandatory to the winner of Kessler and Calzaghe, too).

Don't know much about how Kohl works, and where either of their careers are heading, but this fight looks like it could be a good one. And the winner would gain a LOT... Granted the loser (especially if its Braehmer) would have to go WAAY back to the drawing board.

Thoughts? Possible, or not?
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dennis Inkin vs Juergen Braehmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing
Is this fight possible at all? I know both fighters are with Kohl, but both have also fought Veit and Veit is also with Kohl... But would Kohl risk his 2 prospects against each other?

With Lacy having an injured shoulder and being out for a while, and with Haussler possibly fighting Berrio for the IBF title...

Chances are this fight would then be a WBA eliminator for Mundine's title (being the 2 higheset rated contendors... Inkin #3, Braehmer #5). So not only would the winner have the biggest win of their career, but they would have a title shot around the corner too (a title shot that would lead to being mandatory to the winner of Kessler and Calzaghe, too).

Don't know much about how Kohl works, and where either of their careers are heading, but this fight looks like it could be a good one. And the winner would gain a LOT... Granted the loser (especially if its Braehmer) would have to go WAAY back to the drawing board.

Jürgen Brähmer will have a rematch with Mario Veit in autumn...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
Jürgen Brähmer will have a rematch with Mario Veit in autumn...
And where to from there?

Is he chasing a title shot? If so, which title? WBC, WBA, IBF or WBO?

And what about Inkin?

A fight with each other would probably be an eliminator, and could set up some big things in the future. Would Kohl ever do it?
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing

Of course a bout between Inkin and Braehmer can take place within the next few months.Both fighters have the same promoter,the German Kohl.
Aforementioned German promoter has matched Virchis with Chagaev-both didnt want to fight each other,and they didnt really fight each other in the ring.Only the last round of their encounter could be truly called a fight.
However,a duel among stable mates is a possiblity.Kohl isnt the most sensitive promoter out there.
I for my part wouldnt like to watch Braehmer and Inkin go for each other.I like both fighters.Both guys have talent,skills,and potential.I would prefer watching them go different ways without ever crossing each other steps to fighting each other.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Inkin is already Calzaghe's WBO mandatory and really high in the WBC (Kessler's) rankings as well, he doesn't need to compete in an eliminator for merely the "regular" WBA title.
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #6
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

I dont think these two will square off in the ring and judging by Braehmers latest outings he wouldnt be well advised to do so. I have been slightly dissapointed with most or all of his showings ever since the Thysse fight, maybe the last in which he showed his "old" face and fought his once typical style of swiftly closing the gap, hooking to the body and trying to finish the man off.

Im now not convinced he´ll go very far, different to what I once thought, he seems to have lost something on the way through various prison terms. Thats not to say he s a bad fighter, but maybe not quite such an outstanding prospect I once thought he was, before he last got incarcerated. Then again, he´s only got one defeat to date and thats a blemish he might be able to wipe clean come his return fight with Veit, all I am saying is he didnt look as though he had improved a great deal in his recent fights. I keep on supporting him but have somewaht cut down on my expectations as to how far he will go
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
I dont think these two will square off in the ring and judging by Braehmers latest outings he wouldnt be well advised to do so. I have been slightly dissapointed with most or all of his showings ever since the Thysse fight, maybe the last in which he showed his "old" face and fought his once typical style of swiftly closing the gap, hooking to the body and trying to finish the man off.

Im now not convinced he´ll go very far, different to what I once thought, he seems to have lost something on the way through various prison terms. Thats not to say he s a bad fighter, but maybe not quite such an outstanding prospect I once thought he was, before he last got incarcerated. Then again, he´s only got one defeat to date and thats a blemish he might be able to wipe clean come his return fight with Veit, all I am saying is he didnt look as though he had improved a great deal in his recent fights. I keep on supporting him but have somewaht cut down on my expectations as to how far he will go
I quite agree with you,merry! I dont want to say that Braehmer falls short of expectations as he has only one loss in his fight record.Besides that fight with Veit could have gone either way.I for my part had him ahead on points against Veit.Anyway!
I ,too,thought that Braehmer was an outstanding prospect who could go very very far.On top of his great potential he used to be a very exciting and entertaining fighter.As you said,merry,he seems to have lost something.His long stay behind iron bars didnt do him any good.Thats for sure!
I dont doubt that he will win his upcomming bout with Veit big time.Veit is over the hill,and a focused Braehmer should be able to avenge his so called loss to his stable mate.However,fighters like Inkin,Calzaghe,Kessler play in a different league right now.Maybe I am wrong,and maybe Braehmer will prove us all wong.Nevertheless my gut feeling keeps telling me that Braehmer has lost that magical extra which made him look like a truly great boxer.The hunger isnt there anymore.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
valdosta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Veit beat Brahmer VERY clearly. Also, Brahmer just scraped by Velazco and was very hurt in round 5. Brahmer will lose again, and very soon. His intangibles all suck.
valdosta is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #9
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

for braehmer to go places , he has to forget all his recent form and use his power.

for some reason he has been very reluctent to walk through opponents recently and get full body torque and power into his shots.

he can be the boss and ring general and make the other fighter cautious if he would just take up ring position.

by boxing well within himself he has looked average.

the veit fight is his make or break and he must not stand off and match jabs with veoit , even from the opening bel.

chase veit all around the ring , throwing leather and make veit withdraw into his shell and dominate and ko veit and then onto the next man.

i ageree with odo and merry since his last 2 year prison break he has mellowed and has looked distinctly average.

annoying thing is the power and talent is still there but the mind obviously is not.
sean is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
for braehmer to go places , he has to forget all his recent form and use his power.

for some reason he has been very reluctent to walk through opponents recently and get full body torque and power into his shots.

he can be the boss and ring general and make the other fighter cautious if he would just take up ring position.

the veit fight is his make or break and he must not stand off and match jabs with veoit , even from the opening bel.

chase veit all around the ring , throwing leather and make veit withdraw into his shell and dominate and ko veit and then onto the next man.

i ageree with odo and merry since his last 2 year prison break he has mellowed and has looked distinctly average.

annoying thing is the power and talent is still there but the mind obviously is not.
Braehmer should go out with flying colours trying to take out Veit as quickly as possible.Braehmer shouldnt fight Veit's fight trying to outpoint him in a chess match.Instead he should take of his aggressiveness and seek close contact with Veit who doesnt look good whenever he is cornered or under relentless pressure.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At yesterday's fight event in Germany Inkin beat the undeated Hungarian Nagy by stoppage victory in the fifth round of their encounter.
Damn! Inkin deserves a title shot,and shouldnt fight any unknown ,but undefeated fighters anymore.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 AM   #12
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Brähmer's next fight is planned for September...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #13
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean

Superbly analysed,

took the words right out of my mouth. Braehmer needs to get back to what he once was and use the assets he had in the past - if he still can, that is, which I doubt to be honest. I give him that: He improved his jab, a shot he hardly used when he was a highly touted up and comer, but by trying to fight on his back foot and constantly attempting to counter the opponent he´s given away those assets that had made him strong.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #14
deram
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
At yesterday's fight event in Germany Inkin beat the undeated Hungarian Nagy by stoppage victory in the fifth round of their encounter.
Damn! Inkin deserves a title shot,and shouldnt fight any unknown ,but undefeated fighters anymore.
Instead of fighting more unknowns (undefeated or not) Inkin should fight some known people whose skill level is known so that he can make bigger waves and get a title shot.

Lacy, Andrade, Breahmer, Froch, Bute, Mundine, Bika etc. There are plenty of opportunities to make some good fights that would rise the winner a little above the crowd.
deram is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deram
Instead of fighting more unknowns (undefeated or not) Inkin should fight some known people whose skill level is known so that he can make bigger waves and get a title shot.

Lacy, Andrade, Breahmer, Froch, Mundine, Bika etc. There are plenty of opportunities to make some good fights that would rise the winner a little above the crowd.
You are right,Dane!
Inkin's promoter Kohl should read our thread here on esb.He is the one who makes the decisions.I am sure that Inkin would fight whoever is put in front of him.However,I guess that Kohl wouldnt pay any amount of money which is neccessary to get a better known opponent in the ring with Inkin.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum