Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850
Default german tv - vox 11:10/sunday

i just saw that there is a 2 hour bbc-documentary about boxing's biggest fights in television, "zwischen den seilen". because time and channel aren't so obvious, i better post it here for you all to notice.

(11:10 in the morning)
chliJs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: german tv - vox 11:10/sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by chliJs
i just saw that there is a 2 hour bbc-documentary about boxing's biggest fights in television, "zwischen den seilen". because time and channel aren't so obvious, i better post it here for you all to notice.

(11:10 in the morning)

After reading your thread title I thought "thats the first time I hear a channel like vox should cover a boxing event", but its a documentary alright, suits the channel, I suppose it will be about the "great 70s" again.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

looks promising.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Much more important for any fight fan who cant receive russian tv : Sunday,9.00 am,German tv channel MDR,Povetkin vs Donald
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

yea, sunday morning is going to be the shit.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Much more important for any fight fan who cant receive russian tv : Sunday,9.00 am,German tv channel MDR,Povetkin vs Donald
I agree, thats just a tad more interesting for me but why the hell do they have to air it at 9 o clock in the morning
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #7
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

It should have read: Povetkin fight to start at 10:20 or so. I switched on in time to see one of the most dreadful fights I ever witnessed between akinwande and that Ukrainian guy. All the time hoping Henry would make short work of him the respectively next round but it never happened, what a slipping pill of a fight, both fighters seemed intent on making Ottke look a crowd pleasing killer puncher in comparison.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 AM   #8
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

yea, at least they didn't cut out any rounds like they did when they broadcasted urkal/cotto.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
It should have read: Povetkin fight to start at 10:20 or so. I switched on in time to see one of the most dreadful fights I ever witnessed between akinwande and that Ukrainian guy. All the time hoping Henry would make short work of him the respectively next round but it never happened, what a slipping pill of a fight, both fighters seemed intent on making Ottke look a crowd pleasing killer puncher in comparison.

Haha! Akinwande made you fall asleep again,didnt he!I am always bored silly watching this totally boring and lame African do his job inside a box ring.The most entertaining moments of Akinwande's fight were the showboating and clowning of his Ukranian foe.

A pity that Tsypko's fight fell short of expectations.His Ukranian opponent is a decent fighter,but he obviously couldnt continue fighting due to an injury.

By the way what do you think of German based Armenian Karo Murat who defeated a teak tough Russian journeyman with a very misleading fight record?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #10
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo

By the way what do you think of German based Armenian Karo Murat who defeated a teak tough Russian journeyman with a very misleading fight record?
I didnt see his whole fight, zapped back and forth until the povetkin fight started, he looked ok from what I saw
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
I didnt see his whole fight, zapped back and forth until the povetkin fight started, he looked ok from what I saw
He has talent.Thats for sure.He is still a bit crude,and certainly needs more fights and more experience,but the potential is there.
However,his interview was hilariously funny! He doesnt seem to be the most intelligent fighter out there.According to the German tv commentator Murat grew up in Germany,and has been living there for more than 20 years.I couldnt believe that statement when I was watching his outstandingly funny interview with German tv after his fight against Plotnikov.
"Ey,Du,ich verstehe dich nicht!"
Haha! What a funny interview it was!
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum