draw 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Klitschko Haye your picks

Well, what do you think, who' s gonna win it? The fights scheduled for July the 2nd in the city of Hamburg, open air in a football arena, my estimation is there will be like 50.000 in attendance, the heavyweight bout of the decade.

Wlad the Steelhammer or
David the Haymaker

Who?
Flurry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054
Default Re: Klitschko Haye your picks

i going to let nationalistic pride rule my head and say haye

but i really think wlad will win
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #3
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

no prob

you can vote, theres a poll, which part of the UK are you from?
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
no prob

you can vote, theres a poll, which part of the UK are you from?
england (where in england i am not saying)
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Wlad.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
ybsteam

vCash: 500

I'm really looking forward to this heavyweight clash, the trash talk has been fun, Haye is trying his best to get under the skin of Wlad, and pull him into a slugfeast.

I see it as a real 50/50, and being a Brit i would like Haye, but my gut says Klitschko.
ybsteam is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Hell how can it be this one sided, wheres the haye fans, they re not as outspoken as their idol are they?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I believe Wladimir Klitschko’s solely responsible for killing the heavyweight division,’ said Haye.
‘He has made sure the heavyweight championship hasn’t been shown worldwide except by a few channels, and the average boxing fan has turned off to it because he is so boring.
‘It’s jab, jab grab with him – that’s all he does. He is manufactured.
‘Even people in Germany are on my side. Wladimir is not German, he is Ukrainian.
‘He is an imposter in their country and his German is worse than his English, apparently – and you know what his English is like.
‘He tries to get his point across and he’s not funny or entertaining. I’ve even met Ukrainians who think he’s boring, so it’s not a language issue.
‘His point doesn’t get lost in translation, he’s just a boring human being inside and outside the ring, and people are supporting me.’
Haye wants to own all four belts up for grabs in honour of Sir Henry Cooper, who died earlier this month.
He added: ‘Sir Henry’s from South London like me. It would be a tribute to unify the division in his name.’
Klitschko promised to beat Haye and added: ‘My brother is a qualified doctor. After the fight he will be able to treat David for post-traumatic stress free of charge.’
"His personality
is exactly how he fights boring and that's why he needs eradicating "

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Flurry; 05-11-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #8
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

More from haye

The 30-year-old Haye said the Ukrainian had only fought "little fat puddings who turn up for a pay check" when the pair met at a news conference Monday in Hamburg's 57,000-seat Imtech Arena, where the bout will take place.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"He's a fraud and I'm good at exposing frauds," said the Briton, who has a 25-1 record with 23 knockouts.

Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) is happy the long-awaited fight is finally taking place after negotiations broke down several times.
"David Haye has made a lot of promises before but nothing came of them," the 35-year-old Klitschko said. "That's exactly why I insisted it was written in the contract that Haye has to go into the ring first — so I make sure he's there before I come out."
Haye pulled out of a fight with Klitschko in 2009 due to a back injury and subsequent talks between the two camps collapsed, with each side blaming the other.
"I will be very upset if this doesn't happen," Klitschko said, adding that Haye's acceptance of a 50-50 money split made the fight happen. "So you're going to get a really big check ... to be the 50th knockout."

Haye, who yawned and rolled his eyes as Klitschko's achievements were shown on a big screen, said he believed he could have knocked out the Ukrainian when he was the undisputed cruiserweight champion in 2008.
"Here's my time to prove it," Haye said. "I'm in good shape, so for the first time he's fighting someone healthy. Normally he tries to pick people who are injured or coming off long layoffs. This time he's got a prime athlete at his peak.
"I believe the people he's fought make him look spectacular, from the fact that he wears big shoulder pads in his gowns to the fact that he picks the guys who fit his style perfectly. I'm not fooled by it."
Klitschko said he respected his opponent as a "tremendous fighter" but acknowledged "mixed feelings" following years of provocation by Haye against him and his 39-year-old brother Vitali Klitschko, the WBC champion.

Haye once attended a news conference wearing a T-shirt depicting an image of himself holding the brothers' severed heads.
"I will put my feelings on my fists and let my fists fly," Klitschko said.
Haye, meanwhile, continued taunting his opponent.
"When the going gets tough, he gets going towards the canvas," he said.
The psychological battle began in earnest when the pair would not break away from the traditional faceoff until Haye's manager, Adam Booth, broke the fighters' stares with a sheet of paper after about three minutes.
Vitali (42-2) is due to fight Tomasz Adamek of Poland in September, but Haye is confident the older Klitschko brother will cancel that bout to fight him to try and restore his family's honor "after I've decapitated Wladimir."
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #9
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

so times i wish haye was a little more willing to say what means
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 AM   #10
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
so times i wish haye was a little more willing to say what means

You have to hand it to him he's entertaining, complete lack of respect for Klitschko but the bloke is funny and hes deffo selling the fight. "For the first time in his career Klitschko is fighting someone healthy"
The only problem arises in case he cant put his money where his mouth is and , say, loses early by ko. I personally prefer the calm distinguished Klitschko style but in order to sell a fight and create some necessary ballyhoo for such a mega fight you need someone like Haye. I will try to attend but from what i heard prices are skyrocketing, you need haye to convince people to go and watch the fight.

Last edited by Flurry; 05-11-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You have to hand it to him he's entertaining, complete lack of respect for Klitschko but the bloke is funny and hes deffo selling the fight. "For the first time in his career Klitschko is fighting someone healthy"
The only problem arises in case he cant put his money where his mouth is and , say, loses early by ko. I personally prefer the calm distinguished Klitschko style but in order to sell a fight and create some necessary ballyhoo for such a mega fight you need someone like Haye. I will try to attend but from what i heard prices are skyrocketing, you need haye to convince people to go and watch the fight.

a bad guy (as haye will be seen in germany i think) helps sell a fight. i hope he gets under wlads skin and wlad comes out aggressive as it may be the only way haye might be able to get a clean shot at wlad's chin which i dont think is glass but is suspect
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
a bad guy (as haye will be seen in germany i think) helps sell a fight. i hope he gets under wlads skin and wlad comes out aggressive as it may be the only way haye might be able to get a clean shot at wlad's chin which i dont think is glass but is suspect

See, so everyone have their preference, i personally hope Wlad will shut his mouth and in impressive fashion

BTw., From what I read in the brit section thread about haye there's lots of brit guys who don't go along with his mouthy trashtalking
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
See, so everyone have their preference, i personally hope Wlad will shut his mouth and in impressive fashion

BTw., From what I read in the brit section thread about haye there's lots of brit guys who don't go along with his mouthy trashtalking
i think that quite true in general of brits two of my son's think he is funny i think its ok but after a while it gets boring and old .on the other hand i think wlad yesterday came across as trying to hard to come across as the gentleman scholar full of respect type
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad by knockout in a mismatch!!!!!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #15
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker