Pete Tong is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #32
Grecorussian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 670
Default Re: Klitschko Haye your picks

My estimation is that the fight will not take place. Something will come up and cancel the whole plan I think
Grecorussian is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #33
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecorussian View Post
My estimation is that the fight will not take place. Something will come up and cancel the whole plan I think

do you mean something or someone? Haye

honestly, im planning to go, this fight must happen.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 AM   #34
The Spider

vCash:

Hoping Haye can win this. But he's sure getting clobbered here.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #35
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

The fight is less than a week from now and Wlad is quoted as saying "I will punish Haye", in an interview with a local paper today.

He also said he didnt fear Haye would pull out of the fight at this stage "Too much has happened for that to occur. This time he s gotta show his face. He s stuck his neck far too wide out of the window." Asked if he wanted revenge for the constant needling by Haye he said "It sure is a big motivation but inside the ring emotions are a disadvantage. I will punish Haye but will be clear headed and cool hearted in the ring". Has Haye gotten under his skin? "Haye talks such a lot of nonsense you dont listen to everything he says but the thing with the T shirt he wore with Vitali and me decapitated was a stupid thing to do. It wasn't cool. That sure hurt me".

Does he hate Haye for it? ""Actually I believe hes not such a bad person as he likes to make it out he was. Success has made his head balloon up, my job is to bring the boy down to earth". "I will teach him a lesson, if possible a long and painful lesson and then I will knock him out"

Haye believes he s gotten under your skin and that he's won the psychological warfare. "I believe the contrary to be true. He s always been big mouthed when I wasn't near him, but the moment he sees me he's restrained. For an interview in London - his home - he wouldnt't want to be in the same room as I, he hid behind a wall and was linked to the conference by video message. Completely weird".

So you believe he's afraid of you?
"No, probably not afraid, but a fight is won or lost by mental strenghth and he already knows he's gonna lose". You appear to be extremely self confident has it ever occured to you you might lose the fight?
"NO I believe to know how the match will unfold and Im prepared for any sort of scenario that might present itself, haye will be my 50th knockout victim". Haye has called you a hyena who only eats dead flesh, insinuating you only fight weak sub par opposition.
""Haye at heavyweight has never been tested in big fights by big opponents. No one knows how he ll react once hit by a true heavyweight".

Last edited by Flurry; 06-27-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #36
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Wlad brutal KO any time he so desires.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Listen this is THE upcoming bout, the mother of all heavyweight battles, I d like a few more replies in favour of David Haye, this is too onesided up to this point, where are the Haye fans at?
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #38
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Klitschko wins this fight. I know that much.

Klitschko seems to be the more confident and composed fighter. I don't buy into the notion that Haye's verbal aggression signals self-confidence. Quite the contrary: Haye talks in order to conceal his anxiety. This tells me something.

In addition to being the psychologically stronger athlete, Klitschko has potentially insurmountable advantages in height, reach, weight, and strength. Haye's superior hand speed and mobility will probably not enable him to get past Klitschko's telephone pole left jab, particularly since boxing's preeminent trainer, Manny Steward, has taught his fighter to use this punch to perfection.

Overall, this fight is a tough call, but based on what I saw of Haye's behavior at the two recent "stare downs," I question whether he really believes in himself. Self-doubt is a devastating liability against a fighter like Klitschko.

Haye probably dances and runs all night, and Klitschko wins a boring, uneventful decision by using his dominant left jab.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #39
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Can´t wait to see what is that "completely new and different" style and tactics that Haye has produced and how that will "disarm the robot".
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #40
KillerDeluxe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 121

Wlad in the 7th
KillerDeluxe is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #41
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

June 27th press conference in Hamburg

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]´

Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye showing their mutual contempt

Haye promises 'brutal execution' of Klitschko

– Mon Jun 27, 12:28 pm ET
HAMBURG, Germany – WBA champion David Haye promises a "brutal execution" of Wladimir Klitschko in their heavyweight fight Saturday.
Calling the IBF and WBO champion a "robot" stuck in his "rigid ways," Haye said he was in the best shape of his life and vowed to send the younger Klitschko brother to hospital in their bout in Hamburg's soccer stadium.
"You are going to see the most brutal execution of a boxer," Haye said Monday. "I will absolutely destroy him."
Speaking at the same news conference, Klitschko said he respects Haye as a fighter but not as a person.
"You have a certain attitude that is not so good for your life inside and outside the ring," the Ukrainian IBF and WBO champion said.
Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) promised to make Haye eat the T-shirt the Briton once wore depicting the image of himself holding the severed heads of the Klitschko brothers. Vitali, the elder brother, is the WBC champion.

Haye kept the news conference waiting for about 45 minutes before appearing in sun glasses and a T-shirt promising to a KO in Saturday's fight, which had been 2 1/2 years in making.

"Be on time, princess," Klitschko admonished Haye.
Klitschko questioned why Haye would not shake his hand. Haye said he would do it when he visits Klitschko in hospital after the fight.
The Ukrainian also wondered why Haye did not like to share a room with him. "Look in the mirror," Haye said.
Klitschko acknowledged that Haye looked fit and confident.
"I am going to get challenged in the ring," said Klitschko, while adding that he planned to punish Haye for 12 rounds before knocking him out toward the end.
Haye depicted Klitschko as a one-dimensional fighter.
"Wladimir is in great shape, is mentally prepared and has viewed all the tapes on me. But come fight night you will see something completely different and it will be great to watch this robot malfunction," said Haye, who is 25-1 with 23 knockouts.
"I am ready to do what I always promised I would do. I am healthy, the speed is ridiculous, the punch power is there. I am in a really good place. I am so happy the fight is happening now and not a couple of years ago as I am a much better fighter now," Haye added. "He is stuck in his rigid ways and has been since the amateurs."
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #42
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] com has a video on the final staredown and www figosports has a picture gallery, sorry, cant seem to get the links in here properly.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #43
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

And I can´t watch the fight ...

edit:
as requested:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOW6GU37PA[/ame]

Last edited by bodhi; 06-28-2011 at 03:38 AM.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #44
nickiFonzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
June 27th press conference in Hamburg

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]´

Wladimir Klitschko and David Haye showing their mutual contempt

Haye promises 'brutal execution' of Klitschko

– Mon Jun 27, 12:28 pm ET
HAMBURG, Germany – WBA champion David Haye promises a "brutal execution" of Wladimir Klitschko in their heavyweight fight Saturday.
Calling the IBF and WBO champion a "robot" stuck in his "rigid ways," Haye said he was in the best shape of his life and vowed to send the younger Klitschko brother to hospital in their bout in Hamburg's soccer stadium.
"You are going to see the most brutal execution of a boxer," Haye said Monday. "I will absolutely destroy him."
Speaking at the same news conference, Klitschko said he respects Haye as a fighter but not as a person.
"You have a certain attitude that is not so good for your life inside and outside the ring," the Ukrainian IBF and WBO champion said.
Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) promised to make Haye eat the T-shirt the Briton once wore depicting the image of himself holding the severed heads of the Klitschko brothers. Vitali, the elder brother, is the WBC champion.

Haye kept the news conference waiting for about 45 minutes before appearing in sun glasses and a T-shirt promising to a KO in Saturday's fight, which had been 2 1/2 years in making.

"Be on time, princess," Klitschko admonished Haye.
Klitschko questioned why Haye would not shake his hand. Haye said he would do it when he visits Klitschko in hospital after the fight.
The Ukrainian also wondered why Haye did not like to share a room with him. "Look in the mirror," Haye said.
Klitschko acknowledged that Haye looked fit and confident.
"I am going to get challenged in the ring," said Klitschko, while adding that he planned to punish Haye for 12 rounds before knocking him out toward the end.
Haye depicted Klitschko as a one-dimensional fighter.
"Wladimir is in great shape, is mentally prepared and has viewed all the tapes on me. But come fight night you will see something completely different and it will be great to watch this robot malfunction," said Haye, who is 25-1 with 23 knockouts.
"I am ready to do what I always promised I would do. I am healthy, the speed is ridiculous, the punch power is there. I am in a really good place. I am so happy the fight is happening now and not a couple of years ago as I am a much better fighter now," Haye added. "He is stuck in his rigid ways and has been since the amateurs."

HAHA 'Look in the mirror', I don't know how Haye will fight saturday night, but he can talk, what a big mouth
nickiFonzie is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #45
magnetic
**** YEAH
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

im going with klitschko on point because haye is somewhat quick and not a motionless body. i think after the initial first few rounds he will withdraw and fight the type of fight he fought against valuev, back pedal and try to counter. he wont engage enough and create the oppurtunities for wlad to KO him. thats what i personally think. i would love to see that fraud stretched out on the mat tho.
magnetic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum