mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko Haye your picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Boogie! View Post
haye will stop wlad within 6 rounds maybe less
Ive put £25 on Haye to stop Wlad in the 5th rd, 20/1.
Going to watch it with half a dozen cold beers, if Haye gets lucky,so do I.
mcvey is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #47
Nobby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 496

Klitschko by late-round KO. Haye will slow down after 9 rounds of running and will finally get caught by Wlad.
Nobby is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #48
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Yesterday's weigh in

David Haye and Wladimir Klitschko weigh in for heavyweight showdown

• Wladimir Klitschko weighs in at 110 Kgs / 17st 4lb 9oz in Hamburg
• David Haye two stones lighter at 96,5 Kgs / 15st 2lb 12oz

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Wladimir Klitschko, left, and David Haye after the weigh-in for their heavyweight title bout in Hamburg. Photograph: Odd Andersen/AFP/Getty Images

The weigh-in for Saturday night's world heavyweight title fight between [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has taken place in central Hamburg, with the Londoner roared on to the scales by vociferous British support.
Haye, 30, weighed in at 212lb 12oz (15st 2lb 12oz), two pounds more than when he defeated Audley Harrison last time out and lighter than for most of his fights at heavyweight.

Klitschko, as expected, was much heavier at 242lb 8oz (17st 4lb 8oz), nearly five pounds lighter than for his last fight, against Samuel Peter.
Klitschko is the heavy favourite. The consensus is that Haye (who has a record of one defeat from 26 fights, with 23 knockouts) must knock out the 6ft 6in Germany-based Ukrainian to cause an upset.
Haye said: "I'm so proud to be involved in it and to be the guy that knocks the other unconscious is going to be a great feeling, to be the main man, at the pinnacle of the heavyweight division.

"I believe being the unified heavyweight champion is the pinnacle of the sport and I'm looking forward to going in there and claiming my rightly-deserved titles."

Klitschko, who has a record of 55 wins, 49 knockouts and three knockout defeats, is happy to keep on proving the doubters wrong, saying: "I've been called a dead man walking before. But this dead man keeps walking!
"And you know what? It's OK the way Haye talks and represents himself. I'll definitely enjoy the fight. I've been involved in this for the last two years and David Haye has been around, talking a lot, and now it is time for the talking to end."

Klitschko denied he has been wound up by Haye's numerous publicity stunts and regular goading. "I'm just more focused," the Ukrainian said.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #49
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Haye Fans ridiculed Klitschko as "wanker" and chanted "Klitschkos going down" to the tune of the well known football song "Footballs coming home"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brit fans takeover Haye vs Klitschko weigh-in

British fans came out in force and good voice for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] weigh-in for their heavyweight super-fight at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg on Saturday night.

In front of a packed house in Hamburg, Haye weighed in 2.5lbs heavier than he did for his last fight tipping the scales at 15st 3lbs while Wladimir came in 4lbs lighter than his last outing at 17st 5lbs.

Haye was introduced to rapturous support as the Brits cheered him in to chants of ‘there’s only one David Haye’ whereas Wladimir was roundly booed as he walked in. The chanting didn’t die down as both fighters took to the scales with the Brits mocking Klitschko’s lack of support in the venue to the tune of ‘you’re supposed to be at home’.

A confident Haye later told Sky Sports that he was coming in at his ideal fighting weight claiming, ‘I made sure I was eating perfectly, not one bit of crap went in my mouth, and I’ve trained as hard as I possibly can do so my weight was going to be what it was going to be.

‘Wladimir definitely thinks he can win this fight, he genuinely thinks I’m just some annoying Englishman that he’s going to squash but he’s so wrong.’
Commending the fan turnout Haye went on to state, ‘I was taken aback by how many people turned up. There were so many people outside that weren’t even allowed into this shopping centre. You know its big time boxing when this many people come out.’
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #50
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad by knockout, I expect this fight to be a mismatch!!!!!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #51
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
Klitschko wins this fight. I know that much.

Klitschko seems to be the more confident and composed fighter. I don't buy into the notion that Haye's verbal aggression signals self-confidence. Quite the contrary: Haye talks in order to conceal his anxiety. This tells me something.

In addition to being the psychologically stronger athlete, Klitschko has potentially insurmountable advantages in height, reach, weight, and strength. Haye's superior hand speed and mobility will probably not enable him to get past Klitschko's telephone pole left jab, particularly since boxing's preeminent trainer, Manny Steward, has taught his fighter to use this punch to perfection.

Overall, this fight is a tough call, but based on what I saw of Haye's behavior at the two recent "stare downs," I question whether he really believes in himself. Self-doubt is a devastating liability against a fighter like Klitschko.

Haye probably dances and runs all night, and Klitschko wins a boring, uneventful decision by using his dominant left jab.
I got it right. Called it almost perfectly. What do you Euros think of that, huh? An American man beat you at predicting a boxing outcome. It took a ****in' American man to get things right.

C'mon Euros...admit it: I was right, you were wrong.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #52
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Good call, Ghetto lad, incidentally, I thought you were of Ukrainian or Russian descent? sort of an "eastern Euro".

The fight didn't quite live up to my expectations, which isn't unheard of after such a long build up, I d obviously have expected Haye to come out of the shell more and actually try to win the fight and Wlad to be more consistent and insistent in following up his attacks. The way it was we saw very few combos but a lot of singles shots thrown, many of which were off the target, Wlad with the rounds winding down dominated the fight with his jab, but never really had the man in deep trouble who in turn at no time went for broke despite the fight visibly slipping from his hands.

I thought the fight was closer than the judges saw it, imo it was level until the middle rounds. from there Klitschko took on. I believe its fair to say KLitschko was four rounds up at the end.

Disgusting to see Haye flop to the floor every time klitschko MIGHT actualy appear to be close to clinching him, I d agree obsessive clinching has to be punished yet you get a bit of clinching in every fight thats why Haye deserved the count he received late on despite not really being hurt at the moment.

Last edited by Flurry; 07-03-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #53
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Oh and stop voting on the poll, please, when i logged on this morning we only had 5 votes in favour of a wlad points decision and now its already 8, lots of genius experts on here voting the correct result after the event, bravo.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #54
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

haye shocked me his chin is better than i thought
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #55
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
Good call, Ghetto lad, incidentally, I thought you were of Ukrainian or Russian descent? sort of an "eastern Euro".

True, but I'm American born and bred, and English is my native language. Hence, my attitudes and values are entirely American. As a matter of fact, my family members from the old country used to joke about how quintessentially American I am, in all ways.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #56
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Watch the fight today. Had it 118-109 for Wlad. If you look for arguments you could have given Haye a few more rounds, 115-111 was the closest I could have given him. Honestly, what Haye showed was anti-boxing. Wlad was his usual same and as usual, it worked. Not a good fight though.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #57
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Watch the fight today. Had it 118-109 for Wlad. If you look for arguments you could have given Haye a few more rounds, 115-111 was the closest I could have given him. Honestly, what Haye showed was anti-boxing. Wlad was his usual same and as usual, it worked. Not a good fight though.
I agree. The only round Haye clearly won was the third. I saw a British telecast of the fight, and they gave him the seventh and eighth as well, but I couldn't understand why.
kenmore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum