Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #46
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,523
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld
Dawson wins easily.

However, we will not see this fight, for instead, we will see Hopkins and Calzaghe.

Nonesense.

This is a pick'em fight, at least NOW.

But time favours Dawson. Joe's reached the top of the hill and starting down the other side.

Dawson is still climbing.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #47
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wet Beaver Creek, Australia
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 1618
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
The only place Joe really beats Dawson here is on the inside, and if you think he can close the gap on a faster, longer, bigger and stronger opponent I think you are badly mistaken.
Same old shit?
mattress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #48
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Dawson kicks Joes ass. Damn I am tired of saying this. Joe has nothing coming but right hands in his mug.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #49
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

I would much rather see this fight than Hopkins.

If Joe wants to play one upmanship with Hopkins - Then let him do it by deafeating the younger, hungrier and more dangerous 175 lbs Southpaw.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #50
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
Same old shit?
Does that represent your counter arguement... Wow.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #51
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,525
vCash: 75
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
This fight won't happen, but if it did, Calzaghe would get beat up and knocked out.
WHY CUZ DAWSON'S black
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #52
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,525
vCash: 75
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Got To Go With Calzaghe
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #53
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
Chad Dawson wipes the floor with Calzaghe.
With posts like this I wonder how you expect to be taken seriously. At least provide some osrt of analysis or reasoning, not just supporting the US fighter whole heartedly.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #54
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Chad Dawson by UD. Chad has quicker hand speed, is taller, has a longer reach and is the bigger more powerful fighter at Light Heavy Weigh. This is a very bad fight for Joe. Chad is very unorthadox, and can do things in the ring that Joe would have trouble adapting to. The angles he uses, the head and upperbody movement and the unorthadox combinations are all things that would give Joe trouble. People here are under rating the inside fighting ability of Chad. Chad is very well rounded, fights well both off the ropes and in the middle of the rind and is solid defensively. His "shakey" chin coming from getting a flash knockdown against a powerful and large light heavy weight. Rubbish. Joe proved against Kessler, that he has trouble closing the distance when his opponent decideds to counter punch. Hence getting caught with the uppercuts badly on the way in. I very highly doubt Joe's ability to outbox Dawson from the centre of the ring, and whilst I think the fight would be very tactical and competitive, i highly doubt Joe could really do anything here to trouble Dawson. Joe is too old to risk coming in open to get his own shots on also. Dawson has under rated power, and this would be a very dangerous move on Joe's part.
Good post, logic and reasoning unlike most posts round here.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #55
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Also one of Dawsons strongest assets is his footwork, his ability to move in and out of range would give Calzaghe fits whose footwork isn't the best, he sometimes drags his feet and is abit slow making up the distance. Dawson with his reach and handspeed would be too much for Calzaghe.

I'm actually hoping this fight doesn't get made, i don't think it will but i'm a big fan of both guys so i'd prefer to see Calzaghe vs Hopkins or Jones for legacy reasons and Dawson to fight Tarver then whoever else, he's still young and got years and years of possible big fights ahead of him.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #56
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Calzaghe by UD or late stoppage. Calzaghe is on a whole different level than Dawson, and Dawson has never fought anyone that could be considered even Top 20 P4P. The win over Adamek was good, but Calzaghe is just too big of a step up.
He isn't on a whole nother level. And the experience factor is strange logic. He is a world class fighter, who has big fights behind him. At this point, he is more ready then he will ever be to step up and make the hard fights. How do you think anyone elite fighter got there? At one stage they had to step up. Like Roy vs Toney, or Cotto vs Mosley or JC v Eubank. Just because they haven't fought a fighter on that level DOES NOT mean they aren't on the same level. You are judging the fight by resume, not by analyzing ability within the ring.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #57
goofy
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 85
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
Chad Dawson wipes the floor with Calzaghe.
Both fighters are very very good but it seems again that some are still looking for the boxer to defeat Calzaghe. Chad needs to "clean" his division (Tarver, Hopkins, Diaconu) to earn his right to fight a legend like Joe and even so Bad Chad will back up and get swamped by Calzaghe hand speed and work rate. IMHO Calzaghe wins this one now.
goofy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:00 AM   #58
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Calzaghe by UD or late stoppage. Calzaghe is on a whole different level than Dawson, and Dawson has never fought anyone that could be considered even Top 20 P4P. The win over Adamek was good, but Calzaghe is just too big of a step up.
Please tell us why you think Calzaghe will win? How do you picture the fight going round to round? You can't just say Calzaghe is on a whole different level to Dawson and leave it at that.

How is Calzaghe gonna get past the fellow southpaw, 6'3 with the longer reach, better handspeed and footwork? Dawson never hesitates to let his hands go like Kessler does at times aswell, Kessler fights in straight lines, Dawson is a southpaw who attacks from angles and can really bang the body when he gets inside. When Kessler did let his hands go Calzaghe always stopped punching and sometimes backed off, Dawson is always gonna be on him and never hesitating. When Calzaghe throws the pitter patter shots to get inside Dawson isn't just gonna put his guard up and watch like Kessler did for alot of their fight, he'll be firing jabs out while moving sideways utilising his longer reach and better footwork. As i said before i'm a fan of both guys but there is no way i can see Calzaghe winning the fight as brilliant as he is, Dawson brings way too many problems to deal with.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:43 AM   #59
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown
I agree the fight won't happen, but how can you say there's no point to it? It would easily be Calzaghe's best win. (if he won, which he wouldn't).
There would be no point to it because Calzaghe whether you like it or not has reached a point where he can and will only take on big name fighters. Dawson may be one of the BEST fighters, but his name doesn't ring out, and that's the bottom line to guys like Calzaghe, Hopkins, Jones, etc.

Dawson will have his time, but for Calzaghe, there is no point to this fight. If he loses to Dawson, he will be crucified for all the reasons that he has been picked to win this fight in this thread. If he wins, he will get no credit for the win because of all the reasons listed in this thread.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #60
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
There would be no point to it because Calzaghe whether you like it or not has reached a point where he can and will only take on big name fighters. Dawson may be one of the BEST fighters, but his name doesn't ring out, and that's the bottom line to guys like Calzaghe, Hopkins, Jones, etc.

Dawson will have his time, but for Calzaghe, there is no point to this fight. If he loses to Dawson, he will be crucified for all the reasons that he has been picked to win this fight in this thread. If he wins, he will get no credit for the win because of all the reasons listed in this thread.


Its unfortunate because I really like Dawson as a fighter and I am very confident he could win.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013