Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #31
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200
Default Re: Felt bad for Arthur Abraham tonight. Maybe try MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Muscular Wlad and Haye and Vitali hold all the belts between them. So you understand how that statement is wrong? Also you can't deny that pacman and Bradley are both built like tanks. Bottom line is if you are 1 dimensional and slow then that is what will lose you fights and not a fighters build.
Right, I agree with you. But over-muscularization can zap your stamina because of carrying all that oxygen through your body. Frank Bruno was hindered by it. I wouldn't mention Wlad to disprove the theory either. But yes, natural stamina and lung capacity is more important but too much muscularization can affect your stamina a bit.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #32
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
too stiff for mma

He'll be one of the most fluid guys out there. MMA guys can't duck a punch to save their lives.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #33
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukansodoff View Post
Abraham is not a skillful fighter and relys on his heavyhands. But his hands are not heavy enough in this division, hes not a supermiddleweight natural. He cant seem to be able to make the same impact and there are too many superior boxers at the top end of this division.

He knows hes been losing these fights and he knows hes got little in his bag to do anything about it other than plod on and hope he gets lucky.
I disagree about his power.

I think he has plenty enough power and can KO anybody at 168, but he needs to find them in order to be able to land that power.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #34
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
He has massive power. He shook Ward a few times. He has power. He just isnt a boxer. He's really strong though. He caught Ward in a few headlocks where it looked like he could have choked him out?

I dont know, maybe he could try MMA? I think he could do better there. Big muscular powerful guy. He's a nice guy and I feel bad he's been beaten up 3 fights in a row. Its not his fault, its that horribly style he's been taught which only really works when he's fighting smaller guys,
I think he will have a massive problem with the money, this guy has been making over a million euro's a fight for 4 years, I don't think he is going to fight for $30 000.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #35
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

He is good enough physically. Technically he needs to stop defending then puching, he needs to block and counter. He needs to stop over shooting. He needs to work off the jab. He needs to break opponents down to the body.

AA has the ability, he just needs a new trainer to teach him new things.

A fighter like AA in MMA would be forced to evolve. In boxing, they stay stuck in one style not learning any new moves or going from camp to camp to learn.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #36
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
Its easier to learn how to defend against grappling than to defend against boxing. He could do well in MMA but his stamina has to improve.
Yea ,learning high level grappling happens overnight he would prob walk in defend a TD then KO those mma guys without a sweat.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #37
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185

Oh dear what a silly thread.

For starters AA relies on his high guard can you imagine the success he will have with this with diddy 4oz MMA gloves and lets not get started with the grappling.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum