Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Really ?? and you know this how

Fedor weighs in on fight night 230 , a training camp alone should drop at least 15 pounds in weight even for somewhone who obviously doesnt cut weight like Fedor !!!!

Hence Noguierra normally beginning a training camp 250 +
Because Fedor has said this himself.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #17
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

If the fight is at 220 then I'm intrigued to see Fedor weigh 15 pounds less. Fedor is a 205 fighter with fat. Always has been, always will be.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
If the fight is at 220 then I'm intrigued to see Fedor weigh 15 pounds less. Fedor is a 205 fighter with fat. Always has been, always will be.
What ??????

The man weighs 230 pounds after a trainig camp and has never competed at 205 what are you talkin about !!!!!!

Edit , the last i heard Henderson wanted the fight as a HW fight as well , the CW has not been confirmed
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Because Fedor has said this himself.
Im not sure im buying he's never above 235 , in periods of inactivity Fedor can look 250+ sometimes
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #20
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
If the fight is at 220 then I'm intrigued to see Fedor weigh 15 pounds less. Fedor is a 205 fighter with fat. Always has been, always will be.
Again, its not. Its just a heavyweight fight.

I think if Fedor started today he would probably come in as a light heavyweight but it really isn't worth him making the wholesale revision to his fight preparation and conditioning as his career winds down. Plus in Strikeforce there's nothing for him to do at 205Ibs and in the UFC he'd have a quicker route to a title at heavyweight.

Its as simple as this. If he beats Henderson then his next fight will either be a title fighter against Overeem or a rematch against the first man to defeat him in Werdum. There is nothing to gain from moving down.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
If the fight is at 220 then I'm intrigued to see Fedor weigh 15 pounds less. Fedor is a 205 fighter with fat. Always has been, always will be.
This is rubbish Achilles. Fedor used to weigh 215-220 back in RINGs. Back then his physical conditioning looked better because he was younger. To say he's a 205lb'der with fat is just absurd. Watch Fedor when he was rag dolling guys 40-50lbs heavier than him and then come back and tell me he's a light heavy.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Again, its not. Its just a heavyweight fight.

I think if Fedor started today he would probably come in as a light heavyweight but it really isn't worth him making the wholesale revision to his fight preparation and conditioning as his career winds down. Plus in Strikeforce there's nothing for him to do at 205Ibs and in the UFC he'd have a quicker route to a title at heavyweight.

Its as simple as this. If he beats Henderson then his next fight will either be a title fighter against Overeem or a rematch against the first man to defeat him in Werdum. There is nothing to gain from moving down.
Boom
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #23
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Im not sure im buying he's never above 235 , in periods of inactivity Fedor can look 250+ sometimes
Doesn't really matter what you believe. Fedor has said this himself. And he's NEVER been anything remotely close to 250 in between ANY fight. That's just speculation on your part.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
This is rubbish Achilles. Fedor used to weigh 215-220 back in RINGs. Back then his physical conditioning looked better because he was younger. To say he's a 205lb'der with fat is just absurd. Watch Fedor when he was rag dolling guys 40-50lbs heavier than him and then come back and tell me he's a light heavy.
215-220 is a the usual cut weight for guys like Tito, Forrest etc

He would have been it good nick at 215-220 but he could make 205. I don't know why people are so offended by it. Its a testament to him that the best heavyweight ever was actually a light heavyweight
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
215-220 is a the usual cut weight for guys like Tito, Forrest etc

He would have been it good nick at 215-220 but he could make 205. I don't know why people are so offended by it. Its a testament to him that the best heavyweight ever was actually a light heavyweight
They cut from those weights because they blow up significantly between fights. Forrest and Rampage have been known to cut as much as 45lbs to make weight. Fedor doesn't blow up in between fights. He's a heavyweight end of story.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #26
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

If he was going to cut to 205 long term he'd have done it for a title fight with Hendo. He didnt. End of story
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Doesn't really matter what you believe. Fedor has said this himself. And he's NEVER been anything remotely close to 250 in between ANY fight. That's just speculation on your part.
Its not speculation , its looking at Fedor looking fat as **** clearly weighing somewhere near 250 , the guy weighs 230 on fight , which in case you cannot do mathematics is 20 lb's less than 250 , id say thats remotely close already wouldnt you !!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #28
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Its not speculation , its looking at Fedor looking fat as **** clearly weighing somewhere near 250 , the guy weighs 230 on fight , which in case you cannot do mathematics is 20 lb's less than 250 , id say thats remotely close already wouldnt you !!!
There's a world of difference between 250lbs and 230lbs. I wouldn't expect you to know though.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #29
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: France
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 277
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he stay at 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Its not speculation , its looking at Fedor looking fat as **** clearly weighing somewhere near 250 , the guy weighs 230 on fight , which in case you cannot do mathematics is 20 lb's less than 250 , id say thats remotely close already wouldnt you !!!

250 sounds a bit like speculation, which pictures would you be referring to?
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Fedor tools Hendo, will he move to 205? (Fedor v Bones/Machida/Rua etc?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
215-220 is a the usual cut weight for guys like Tito, Forrest etc

He would have been it good nick at 215-220 but he could make 205. I don't know why people are so offended by it. Its a testament to him that the best heavyweight ever was actually a light heavyweight
This is really startin to piss me off !!!!

Clearly you know **** all about sports science , i.e. optimum weight your body performs at compared to your body size

Fedor is a HW , why , because thats what he weighs , are you saying Fedor is really a smaller man and he just eats a lot to make weight as a HW ?? , what is it your trying to say exactly , im confused

Just because Fedor is small compared to some of the bigger HW's doesnt make him a small man , he is still a HW , he has always been and always will be due to his body size a legitimate Heavyweight

Cheick Kongo weighs 235 is he a LHW ?? , what about Velasquez 240 with plenty of puppy fat he is a LHW , or Cro Cop 220+

You have to take into account performance at optimum weight , and the fact is Fedor performs best @225 - 235 , therefore he is a Heavyweight
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013