Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
DR.LECTER

vCash: 500
Default What do you think of my first fight?

Im the guy in the yellow. need tips and advice.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKyLin-WRw&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

also has anyone been to evanston boxing club in illinois. Is itt a straight up boxing gym or just an aerobic sort?
DR.LECTER is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: What do you think of my first fight?

****ing clueless ref lol...anyway.

Could you have kept up that pace? If so, good work. If not, you're very lucky he hurt himself.

Might help if you try give yourself some more space to punch. When you had him up on the ropes a lot of your punches could have done more damage if you had created some space, either by stepping back, shouldering, or turning to one side. Tended to square up a little too much when you had him going, but no big deal, he was hurt and you were racking up points. Careful about that in the future though.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Oh, and wearing Tapout clothes in a boxing match is just wrong.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The most important thing you need to work on is to keep your chin down and your hands up.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

chin down seemed to be the biggest thing you need to work on. when you come up against someone who will stand with you they are going to catch you
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

OK, are you a southpaw or right handed? You started both rounds as a southpaw and if round 2 would have lasted longer, you likely would have gone conventional like you did in round 1.

Several things I noticed. First off, you were rushing in a good bit with your guard high (good thing), but no punching getting there for most of it(not so good). If your opponent knew how to slip and sidestep, he'd have had your head and ribs for a good target, especially the ribs with your guard so high and all in front of you.

Your footwork is not so good right now. When you got in on the other guy you pretty much squared up to him and tried to unload bombs. Squaring up takes away from leverage and power on your punches and many of them looked to be basically arm punches in the flurries. You need to work on footwork and balance.

When punching, you left your chin way to high in the air, inviting a counter. If you maintain that style, you will get caught and it likely won't be pretty.

Like someone else mentioned, good work rate and if you can continue that pace throughout each round, that will help you. But you have several flaws that need to be corrected.

I heard the announcer say "Unattached". So are you training yourself with someones help to kind of guide you? If so, you need to get to a boxing gym and learn the basics and build from there. Use all that energy in as much positive light as possible with good footwork, balance and punching technique.

Congrats on the win.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I think a lot of what I was going to say has been covered, so there's no point giving you the same advice.

You don't always have to be the aggressor, every now and again back up and try and get him to come to you, try and mix it up. There is one thing that I will repeat though, keep that chin down, especially if you are going to try getting other people to come to you.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
DR.LECTER

Haha yea i needed some shorts, but the only one i could find were some tapout. I needed a dufferent colored waist. Yea i needed to work on footwork and balance. Yea i
Knew that my chin was too high, but it was because my headgear kept falling down, an i couldnt see anything but his feet. But that was my fault too for not tightening it. I think i need some sparring because i couldnt think straight when i got in. Oh and i was originally an orthodox but got switched to southpaw and i like it better. Especially the tactics. He went into southpaw too so i switched to orthodox. My town doesnt have ny boxing gyms, thats why i want to know about evanston so i can go there since i have summer break next week. I really want to turn pro when im older, an will. But along with that goal to go to olympics so i get a good promoter.
DR.LECTER is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing