Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Does Pac Have Respect For Jmm's Accomplishments??

This thread isj ust a point of view to go inside the mind of pac.
we all know that pac is kinda ignorant in some things but that doe'snt make him dumb: he's streetsmart for me in a sense that he got nose for the money y'know what i mean? now he's one of the richest athlete here in the phi or even in asia because of his exploits in and outside the ring..
this are the instances that he is knda ignoran:
1.signing with gbp while he had a contract obviously coz he's blinded by the money oscar showed to him.
2.letting murad have the suites that is really meant for him in the hotel, have murad **** him up with his share of the money.
3.going to politics.
and finally the most controversial of all:
4.not fighting jmm here in sf/jr.lw!!!
the most startling of all is that: i remember in an interview with chino trinidad, a local boxing analyst/ sports reporter/ commisioner just before the mab-pac2 fight while pac was in the states when he told pac that mab lost to jmm, pac's answer was:
"natalo ba si barrera? hindi ko alam na natalo pala siya." or in english, i translate to you: "mab lost? i did'nt even know that he lost"

sounds unbelievable is'nt it? this is true i would never lie to you and gladly link it coz it was covered by gma: a local leading station here at phi if i find it. around october of course.
i did not post it here then coz i was afraid none of you would believe and the image of pac's overall charisma would dwindle down if i did post it, so in fairness to him i did not mind.
it's quite unbelievable yes. his team could have told him that, coach freddie would, they could have reviewed mab's past fights and i'm sure jmm-mab was part of those last fights or maybe they did not bothered anymore?
why did'nt he know? is he that ignorant or is he just bluffing? and because he dd not know that mab lost in a mab-jmm if ever he did know that there was a mab-jmm fight around this lines i asked:
doe'snt he know the name of jmm? is he underrating him or is he really afraid of jmm or just plain ignorant?
in that interview i notice that rspect for jmm's accomplishments by pac was not there.
but now things changed: jmm is most likely be chosen in the final contract in march...
and in that scenario the respect of each boxer's name lies on each one's own fists.
but now the real question is:
DOES PAC HAS RSPECT FOR JMM'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS? following the little intervoew by chino above, it seems pac has lttle concern on the mexican dynamita.
boxing afficionados: me need your humble opinions on this.
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Does Pac Have Respect For Jmm's Accomplishments??

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

here mad_tak,

I'll take your questions one be one.

1. He had lawyers and advisers. guys who should've known, remembered, reminded Pac that he signed a contract from arum that prohibits him from signing other contracts. Pac is a boxer. His job is to fight. Seems like his advisers are not doing their jobs properly.

2. See above. Nevertheless, Pac is not as wise as he is today. He was still a bit naive back then. EVerything seems just fine with him. He took action anyway, firing Murad and siding with Shaw and Finkel.

3. that can be blamed for the Atienza's. it's an ongoing rumor that Pac was supposed to run for vice-mayoralty with Ali Atienza as mayor. Some technicality prevented him that's why he chose to run in congress for GenSan.

4. decision making is not just with a fighter. It's also with the promoter. From the start Arum has shown to lean for a Diaz fight as he also promotes the guy and all the money will stay with him. A Jmm fight would have it a split with GBP. As they always say, boxing is business.

he's bluffing man.

Lastly, Pac respects JMM, always has.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac knows deep inside him that JMM is just an easywork for him. He just Broken his hand in 1st rd that's why JMM survives. He got blister on his foot by the 3rd that's why JMM came back. He showed his swollen left hand & the Blister after the fight so this is a fact.

JMM ducking Pac for years just like MAB just proves JMM doens't believe he has a Chance. Pac's experience with the ducking JMM lost their interest with this rematch that's why he Planned in invading the Lightweight division.

But Pac is not that ignorant now. I saw him on GMA footage doing live chat. I guess he picks JMM because of what he saw in the fans survey. With his weekly column "Kumbinasyon" & another Sitcom plus his college education, I believe Pac will be a wiser & more Knowledgeble person from now on & will fight smarter too. Expect him to blow away JMM then expect a superfight with J Diaz, DLH & PBF in the future.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

What accomplishments? Skill wise JMM has become greatly respected. Accomplishment wise, he leaves alot to be desired. He has been erroneously called an ATG. He is not....
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by payaso1831
Hey thats the picture of the guy that gave pac a boxing lesson for 11 rounds right?
And that was you who is trying to grab his nuts, right?
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
ravtrav
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by payaso1831
Hey thats the picture of the guy that gave pac a boxing lesson for 11 rounds right?
But who's the other guy and why is hand right there
ravtrav is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #8
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
Pac knows deep inside him that JMM is just an easywork for him. He just Broken his hand in 1st rd that's why JMM survives. He got blister on his foot by the 3rd that's why JMM came back. He showed his swollen left hand & the Blister after the fight so this is a fact.

JMM ducking Pac for years just like MAB just proves JMM doens't believe he has a Chance. Pac's experience with the ducking JMM lost their interest with this rematch that's why he Planned in invading the Lightweight division.

But Pac is not that ignorant now. I saw him on GMA footage doing live chat. I guess he picks JMM because of what he saw in the fans survey. With his weekly column "Kumbinasyon" & another Sitcom plus his college education, I believe Pac will be a wiser & more Knowledgeble person from now on & will fight smarter too. Expect him to blow away JMM then expect a superfight with J Diaz, DLH & PBF in the future.
can you show me a link of this broken hand Pacquiao supposedly suffered?
chimba is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Im pretty sure he does.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #10
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Does Pac Have Respect For Jmm's Accomplishments??
Never mind the negotiations and all the bullcrap press releases. The press releases is just for HYPES and negotiation for the fight is just for money and it doesn't have anything to do with respect or reflects respect from each fighter.

But the mere fact . . . Pac is fighting him again, means he has respect for what ever he has accomplished. After all it's a draw the first time around.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #11
ravtrav
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojednep
ThaT guy's main responsibility seems to be to keep JMM's balls warm and comfy, pretty much the same thing a lot of you here seem to do for Pac!
But atleast we don't put our pictures on the internet
ravtrav is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravtrav
But atleast we don't put our pictures on the internet
Hey partner nice to see post in here, I rarely see you post.

psychopath is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojednep
I guess you've never visited Pacland
your probably a member there.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #14
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

pac probably respects jmm skill-wise. but jmm's accomplishments and fight record very much pale in comparison to pac's and to both barrera and morales for that matter. he has yet to attain ATG status while the other 3 already have.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #15
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Accomplishment? JMM is probably the best fighter with the least accomplishment so there is nothing to respect about. His skills however is respected by and that's another thing (he is PFP no 4 even with his resume).

Now if beating an old MAB tantamounts to the greatest thing ever in boxing, and JMM's fans wants to glorify that, then so be it.
pejevan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum