Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Baysangurov

Can anyone tell me his amateur record / achievments?
The Lads is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Baysangurov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
Can anyone tell me his amateur record / achievments?
Yes, I belive that somebody can. Maybe he can self at least give an answer to you.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Well, he turned pro at age 19, so he didn't have a long amateur career. He got a 3rd place at the U17 World Championships in 2001 and another 3rd place at the World Junior Championships 2002 in Cuba, where he lost to the Cuban guy with an insane score (64-76), must have been a hell of a fight.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Well, he turned pro at age 19, so he didn't have a long amateur career. He got a 3rd place at the U17 World Championships in 2001 and another 3rd place at the World Junior Championships 2002 in Cuba, where he lost to the Cuban guy with an insane score (64-76), must have been a hell of a fight.
You are posititve,nbt? 64-76? Wow! Must have been a very hot and competitive combat between the Cuban and the young Chechen fighter!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Don't know about his amateur career but he should have stayed there to increase his fundamental skills. He was not convincing for his 1st real test. Baysangurov needed dirty tactics and a close decision 114-113 etc. against Bayram who had come to box. In terms of skills the future "star" showed his limits. Youth, a better conditon, dirty tactics and the promoter's bonus saved him but I think this guy won't escape with that for long.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Don't know about his amateur career but he should have stayed there to increase his fundamental skills. He was not convincing for his 1st real test. Baysangurov needed dirty tactics and a close decision 114-113 etc. against Bayram who had come to box. In terms of skills the future "star" showed his limits. Youth, a better conditon, dirty tactics and the promoter's bonus saved him but I think this guy won't escape with that for long.
His first real test was Marco Antonio Rubio and he destroyed Rubio. The Bayram fight followed a long time away from the ring and several canceled fights.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 04:50 AM   #7
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Do you guys think he'll beat Jamie on dec 8th?

Ive seen the Bayram fight, and obviously pretty much all of Jamies fights. Im interested to hear the views of you guys though. Personally I cant see him handling Jamies intense pace, I think the fight has come a little too soon for Baysangurov.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
Do you guys think he'll beat Jamie on dec 8th?

Ive seen the Bayram fight, and obviously pretty much all of Jamies fights. Im interested to hear the views of you guys though. Personally I cant see him handling Jamies intense pace, I think the fight has come a little too soon for Baysangurov.
If he's focused (and no, he wasn't vs. Bayram - I can tell you, because I was there and talked to an advisor to him), bringing his speed and technique with him plus the stamina that get him trough the fight with Rubio, he will win this fight vs. Moore for sure...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

fight's off, see the thread in the British forum...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
and no, he wasn't vs. Bayram - I can tell you, because I was there and talked to an advisor to him
I have no respect for a guy who does not respect his sport. He wasn't "focused" ?!? It was an EBU title fight. A guy like Mendy with 3 bronze medals in euro or world amateur championships, several defenses of the french belt as a pro etc. was never able to obtain this kind of chance. If you are a legit champion with many defenses maybe you can lose your motivation. But a guy who never won anything at amateur or as a pro who is not "focused" for a euro title ? Boxers managed by german promoters don't understand how lucky they are.
Bayram had not the $$$ to have a training camp but he was focused, he came to fight, he gave a good boxing lesson in the first part of the fight, his rythm was broken by the dirty tactics of his opponent and the judges gave a home decision. The future star should be a little more "focused" next. If the fight had taken place in a neutral country he would have obtained a first L on his record.
Fitir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum