Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: How would do you grade Dempseys championship reign?
A+ 2 3.39%
A 1 1.69%
A- 2 3.39%
B+ 5 8.47%
B 18 30.51%
B- 5 8.47%
C+ 7 11.86%
C 7 11.86%
C- 7 11.86%
D 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #586
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How good was Dempsey's title reign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarry View Post
your telling lies again.. i voted A+ and i put forward my case for voting as such, yet whenever anyone puts forward a case or any evidence to back up their case you "Rubbish" all links and trash their case as being garbage, you claim every boxing historian who ever lived is wrong and that you are right yet you yourself never ever put up a case for your side of the debate because most times you never have a case to put forward.. your whole agenda is built on HATE of fighters pre-1999 with the exception of Tommy Morrison who you claim to be "up there with the All time Greats of this sport"
You didn't put up any case. You spouted crap like this, regurgitated the opinions of others and scoffed at every, link, article and evidence presented.

Go troll somewhere else please, the grown ups are talking.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 02:58 AM   #587
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Like I said, Im not sure on this. But haven't the number of people been counted by the tally of votes?
Dividing the number of collective points by the number of people voting should give you the average point-score that people voted for. Thus, 250 points divided by 51 voters = 4.9, meaning the average vote was around B- .
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #588
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Dividing the number of collective points by the number of people voting should give you the average point-score that people voted for. Thus, 250 points divided by 51 voters = 4.9, meaning the average vote was around B- .
Maybe you're right. Like I said, Im no math whiz. This sounds reasonable though.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #589
quarry

vCash:

Quote:
Ok, A+ is worth 10 down to a D which is worth 1 point.

A+ has 2 votes which =20 points
A has 1 vote which = 9 points
A- has 2 votes which =16 points
B+ has 5 votes which = 35 points
B has 15 votes which = 90 points
B- has 5 votes which = 25 points
C+ has 6 vote which = 24 points
C has 5 vote which = 15 points
C- has 6 votes which = 12 points
D has 4 votes which = 4 points

This comes to a total of 250 points. Divide that by the 10 options and it comes out to 25. Divide 25 by 10 and it = 2.5

2.5 on this scale is between a C- and a C.

Lol, math has never been my strong suit so maybe Im wrong, but this is how it breaks down for me.
your trying to twist and cheat the vote.. 49 votes with 25 voting B- or above.. so it is simple to conclude that the majority of the vote say Jack Dempsey's resume was from A+ to B- not no C- like you are trying to imply
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #590
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
your trying to twist and cheat the vote.. 49 votes with 25 voting B- or above.. so it is simple to conclude that the majority of the vote say Jack Dempsey's resume was from A+ to B- not no C- like you are trying to imply
Im cool with a B-. Its much easier to believe and explain than a RIDICULOUS A+, thats for sure!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 AM   #591
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
your trying to twist and cheat the vote.. 49 votes with 25 voting B- or above..
It was even higher then 25 voting B- or above it was 30. Thats why I was confused by when Jab said the average vote was C-. Seemed if 60% vote B- or above the average should be higher then a C-.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:14 AM   #592
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
It was even higher then 25 voting B- or above it was 30. Thats why I was confused by when Jab said the average vote was C-. Seemed if 60% vote B- or above the average should be higher then a C-.
If I was wrong I was wrong. I have no problem admitting that. I broke it down and showed you exactly how I came to my conclusion. Anything between a B and a C- is fine with me.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #593
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
If I was wrong I was wrong. I have no problem admitting that. I broke it down and showed you exactly how I came to my conclusion. Anything between a B and a C- is fine with me.
I did not prove your math wrong so my math skills are no better lol. C means average so I think it is a little low but better then a D lol.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #594
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I did not prove your math wrong so my math skills are no better lol. C means average so I think it is a little low but better then a D lol.
Fair enough my friend. None of us are all knowing and perfect. We're cool!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 AM   #595
quarry

vCash:

Quote:
Im cool with a B-. Its much easier to believe and explain than a RIDICULOUS A+, thats for sure!
your lying again JAB.. B- is the bottom end of the majority vote with A+ being the top end.. yet your trying to insinuate that the mojority vote is B- to C- which is simply not correct and you are trying to manipulate the vote.. you started this thread in an attempt to assassinate the resume and career of the great Jack Dempsey, you have trashed him from start to finnish of this thread yet the voters have spoken and proved you to be wrong so live with it. you can now move onto your next HATE AGENDA which i have noticed to be Henry Armstrong ... yet as far as this thread is concerned Jack Dempsey's resume has been found to be excellent and ranges from a low of B- to a high of A+
Old 05-31-2011, 04:34 AM   #596
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Quote:
your lying again JAB.. B- is the bottom end of the majority vote with A+ being the top end.. yet your trying to insinuate that the mojority vote is B- to C- which is simply not correct and you are trying to manipulate the vote.. you started this thread in an attempt to assassinate the resume and career of the great Jack Dempsey, you have trashed him from start to finnish of this thread yet the voters have spoken and proved you to be wrong so live with it. you can now move onto your next HATE AGENDA which i have noticed to be Henry Armstrong ... yet as far as this thread is concerned Jack Dempsey's resume has been found to be excellent and ranges from a low of B- to a high of A+
I didn't say it you moron. Now beat it, your ass has already been kicked all over this thread, the Langford threads, the Tunney thread and the Lewis thread. You're a friggin' masochist for crying out loud. If not you just love trolling for attention.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 05:42 AM   #597
quarry

vCash:

Quote:
I didn't say it you moron. Now beat it, your ass has already been kicked all over this thread, the Langford threads, the Tunney thread and the Lewis thread. You're a friggin' masochist for crying out loud. If not you just love trolling for attention.
you have been exposed again JAB for the TROLL & HATER which you are.. not once in any thread relating to ATGs of the past have you had a good word for any of them, you have tried to discredit Jack Dempsey, Gene Tunney, Willie Pep and everything they stand for in Historical terms of this sport. you are now HATING on Henry Armstrong and his resume ffs
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 AM   #598
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
you have been exposed again JAB for the TROLL & HATER which you are.. not once in any thread relating to ATGs of the past have you had a good word for any of them, you have tried to discredit Jack Dempsey, Gene Tunney, Willie Pep and everything they stand for in Historical terms of this sport. you are now HATING on Henry Armstrong and his resume ffs
Troll alert!!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #599
quarry

vCash:

Quote:
Troll alert!!!
typical response from you is to try to imply that whoever catches you out with your TROLLING & HATE AGENDA'S is a Troll... yet it is now obvious to all on the forum JAB that you are the Forum Troll who starts Hate threads against all the great fighters in boxing history and when caught-out try's to blame anyone other than himself.. your a Laughing-Stock JAB and i knew it would not take long before your true colors was known by everyone.. Give it up mate, turn over a new-leaf and try to appreciate the opinion of others who enjoy debating Boxing instead of all this Hate towards the men who had the guts to lace-on the gloves to entertain us.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #600
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

If nothing else we can take from this thread Quarry and Jab failed at maths
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum