Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
12downfor10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 206
Default Hype in action. BS Haye support

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I'd like to see haye win and believe he has good chance of doing so in the early rounds, but I see klitschko as a favourite. However I saw some of the shit getting posted on haye's fb page (have a good look through, it'll make you laugh how many times Wlad is referred to as a german or a russian) by his fans and it made me wonder, some of these can't be proper boxing fans? they must just be casuals. Which led me to the confirmation that hype is a very effective tool for a fighter and can make a star. I'm not hating, any support is good support for boxing, but hype and biased media combined with the freedom of the internet is maybe why there are so many biased fans of a single fighter here on esb.
12downfor10 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Kouchak
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hype in action. BS Haye support

"Rob Davis
Good luck David. If you take the same approach as you did against Valuev, and basically run away for the entire fight, then you might not get knocked out until the latter rounds. All the best, it doesn't matter that you are embarressing the UK, you are going to make a shed load of cash, so that makes up for it all!"

hahahahahaha
had me in stitches
Kouchak is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouchak View Post
"Rob Davis
Good luck David. If you take the same approach as you did against Valuev, and basically run away for the entire fight, then you might not get knocked out until the latter rounds. All the best, it doesn't matter that you are embarressing the UK, you are going to make a shed load of cash, so that makes up for it all!"

hahahahahaha
had me in stitches
This is a chance for David to bring some credibility to himself. I hope he seizes the moment!
Big George is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
BoxKing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Watch this go like Maidana/Morales, with Haye losing, but surprising everyone while he's at it
BoxKing is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12downfor10 View Post
I'd like to see haye win and believe he has good chance of doing so in the early rounds, but I see klitschko as a favourite. However I saw some of the shit getting posted on haye's fb page (have a good look through, it'll make you laugh how many times Wlad is referred to as a german or a russian) by his fans and it made me wonder, some of these can't be proper boxing fans? they must just be casuals. Which led me to the confirmation that hype is a very effective tool for a fighter and can make a star. I'm not hating, any support is good support for boxing, but hype and biased media combined with the freedom of the internet is maybe why there are so many biased fans of a single fighter here on esb.
yeah because his thrashing of 40 year olds audley harrison and john ruiz has the world thinking that wlad is in big trouble
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12downfor10 View Post
most of these people know nothing about boxing, they are people who only watch the big hyped up fights.

You hit the nail on the head with hype, a lot of these people think Wlad has been running from haye. They read everything haye says and believe it.

Proof a good portion of humans cannot think for themselves.

Sad? yep. Scary? oh yeah.

dave-slave is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #7
Bobdigi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1013

to be fair vlad lives in LA, the majority of his fights and fans are in Germany, he represents Ukraine, he was born in kazakhstan (hence the borat voice) and he walks around with shoulder pads in his robe almost impersonating the Russian boxer in Rocky 4 (Drago)!!

shit aint exactly straitforward!!
Bobdigi is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouchak View Post
"Rob Davis

hahahahahaha
had me in stitches

great post by this Rob lol
Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdigi View Post
to be fair vlad lives in LA, the majority of his fights and fans are in Germany, he represents Ukraine, he was born in kazakhstan (hence the borat voice) and he walks around with shoulder pads in his robe almost impersonating the Russian boxer in Rocky 4 (Drago)!!

shit aint exactly straitforward!!
Hi Diva Haye fan
Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict

his fans are quite a vile lot.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum