Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
AFBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Posts: 920
vCash: 1000
Default Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

On Thursday, Floyd Mayweather Jr. addressed a topic that has been burning in the minds of many of his critics. By the beginning of 2010, Floyd Mayweather Jr. stated that he was going to clean up the sport of Boxing and all sports. Mayweather said he wanted an even playing field for all athletes. Floyd went as far as comparing his 'drug crusade' to the efforts that Malcom X and Martin Luther King Jr. did during the "civil rights" movement. According to Fighthype.com, Mayweather Jr. made the following comments about the current status of his 'drug crusade':

"I'm making a step by letting the boxing world know that we need to start randomly testing the blood and urine of all of our fighters to clean the sport up because there's so much cheating going on in the sports world today. I took a step by randomly taking a test myself for the Shane Mosley fight. That was the first step."

It's been over 1 year since Floyd fought Shane Mosley. It's been almost 1 1/2 years since Floyd started talking about cleaning up all sports. For his fight against Mosley, Floyd Jr. did take a step to further his beliefs and his "drug crusade". However, if he truly believes that the sport of Boxing needs to be cleaned up then he should be doing more.

Love him or hate him, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has a giant platform to get his messages across. Floyd had the opportunity to be the face of this movement to clean up Boxing and get Olympic Style drug testing into Boxing. The USADA is still continuing their efforts to clean up Boxing, unfortunately, Floyd has moved on to other ventures in life. Like Floyd recently said, he does what he wants when he wants. Unfortunately, although the sport probably does need "cleaning up", Mayweather's intentions come off looking self serving.

AFBlues is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Nah that was Floyd's smokescreen.

If he was serious he would have been lobbying for it, but no he wasn't.
CoDer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

If Floyd wants to clean up the sport, he should stop beating women. A high-profile fighter behaving like a deadbeat scumbag dirties the sport's image, and no amount of fake drug allegations is going to obscure that.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 117
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
If Floyd wants to clean up the sport, he should stop beating women. A high-profile fighter behaving like a deadbeat scumbag dirties the sport's image, and no amount of fake drug allegations is going to obscure that.
Well said mate
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
causality
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 328
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBlues View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

On Thursday, Floyd Mayweather Jr. addressed a topic that has been burning in the minds of many of his critics. By the beginning of 2010, Floyd Mayweather Jr. stated that he was going to clean up the sport of Boxing and all sports. Mayweather said he wanted an even playing field for all athletes. Floyd went as far as comparing his 'drug crusade' to the efforts that Malcom X and Martin Luther King Jr. did during the "civil rights" movement. According to Fighthype.com, Mayweather Jr. made the following comments about the current status of his 'drug crusade':

"I'm making a step by letting the boxing world know that we need to start randomly testing the blood and urine of all of our fighters to clean the sport up because there's so much cheating going on in the sports world today. I took a step by randomly taking a test myself for the Shane Mosley fight. That was the first step."

It's been over 1 year since Floyd fought Shane Mosley. It's been almost 1 1/2 years since Floyd started talking about cleaning up all sports. For his fight against Mosley, Floyd Jr. did take a step to further his beliefs and his "drug crusade". However, if he truly believes that the sport of Boxing needs to be cleaned up then he should be doing more.

Love him or hate him, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has a giant platform to get his messages across. Floyd had the opportunity to be the face of this movement to clean up Boxing and get Olympic Style drug testing into Boxing. The USADA is still continuing their efforts to clean up Boxing, unfortunately, Floyd has moved on to other ventures in life. Like Floyd recently said, he does what he wants when he wants. Unfortunately, although the sport probably does need "cleaning up", Mayweather's intentions come off looking self serving.

Only flomo idiots believes Floyd is about to clean up the sport.
causality is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
If Floyd wants to clean up the sport, he should stop beating women. A high-profile fighter behaving like a deadbeat scumbag dirties the sport's image, and no amount of fake drug allegations is going to obscure that.
You know the history of the sport? Scumbags and delinquents in boxing? Oh hell no. They are all littel angels.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel1981 View Post
Well said mate
What if they were jewish women?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 117
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
You know the history of the sport? Scumbags and delinquents in boxing? Oh hell no. They are all littel angels.
Yeah we know black guys beat their women......that's no reason to give Floyd a pass.
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 117
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
What if they were jewish women?
They would be Jewish
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel1981 View Post
Yeah we know black guys beat their women......that's no reason to give Floyd a pass.
Yep just black men. Like Jake Lamotta and Carlos Monzon.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel1981 View Post
They would be Jewish
Im saying wouldnt it be better if they were. I mean Mayweather could be single handedly stopping the New World Order right?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
Englund
Warrior
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,273
vCash: 270
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Give me proof Floyd beat a woman.
Englund is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 117
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Im saying wouldnt it be better if they were. I mean Mayweather could be single handedly stopping the New World Order right?
The only thing Floyd is stopping happening is a fight the boxing world wants to see.
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #14
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,427
vCash: 117
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englund View Post
Give me proof Floyd beat a woman.
Look it up you lazy bastard.
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr updates the status of his "drug crusade to clean up Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel1981 View Post
The only thing Floyd is stopping happening is a fight the boxing world wants to see.
Uhh would you rather Floyd defend against the NWO or Pacquiao?
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013