Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
WestSideBoxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default 2 Future ATG's= Solis - Colliander and the AMAZING! Yuriorkis Gamboa - Mayo (VID

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Joel Mayo

BORKED

There were also several non-heavyweight notables on the card. Olympian gold medalist Yuriorkis Gamboa (3-0, 2 KOs) stopped veteran Joel Mayo (40-12) :35 into round two of a lightweight bout.

Right after his fight Gamboa went to the airport to fly to Miami where he will be reunited with his wife and daughter who have just defected from Cuba to join him.

Odlanier Solis vs Aldo Colliander 1,2R

BORKED

Odlanier Solis vs Aldo Colliander 3,4R

BORKED

2004 Olympic gold medalist Odlanier Solis (3-0, 2 KOs) won a clear four-round decision over Aldo Colliander (12-2) on Friday night in front of a good crowd at the Arena Gym in Hamburg, Germany. Solis who had blown out his two previous opponents in :47 and :43 second was almost apologetic after the fight vowing to return to the "other Solis" next time. It was revealed afterward that because of an injured ankle, Solis had done no sparring in preparation for the fight. Manager and promoter Ahmet Íner stated, "No other promoter in the world would have let Solis fight under these circumstances. But he wanted the fight and I knew that he would win anyways. Nobody can stop this man!"

WestSideBoxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #2
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: 2 Future ATG's= Solis - Colliander and the AMAZING! Yuriorkis Gamboa - Mayo (VID

Wow, Gamboa is one of the quickest fighters I've watched.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: 2 Future ATG's= Solis - Colliander and the AMAZING! Yuriorkis Gamboa - Mayo (VID

Westsideboxer, es Cubano?
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #4
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
Wow, Gamboa is one of the quickest fighters I've watched.
He just looked quick compared to that guy. He didn't look particularly quick for a lightweight to me. It's impressive that he could score a KO against a natural welterweight though.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #5
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Gamboa is bloody good. Really impressive.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47
Gamboa is bloody good. Really impressive.
Yeah! WoW!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 05:58 AM   #7
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Gamboa probably stole the show with that one. He does look quite fast and his ability to slip punches and make his opponent miss looked great.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Solis looked better than some said, but he still clearly needs to shed pounds and he needs to tighten up his offense a bit. That said it is a good win against a decent opponent/clown and hopefully he rids us of Colliander.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
WestSideBoxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Westsideboxer, es Cubano?
No, i just like Talent, and i like a lot the cuban school of Boxing.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

My Cuban fighters are making a mark in the boxing scene already, I said from time he was in cuba that if Solis or rigondeoux ever turn pro they would rule their division, clearly Solis is doing that so far, to bad rigondeaux didn't turn pro, cause I would put him ahead of Solis in skill level, but for now I'll hang on to gamboa for the small fighters
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideBoxer
No, i just like Talent, and i like a lot the cuban school of Boxing.
Well Gamboa sure hs showing some serious talent there. It was a little Mayweatheresque actually. As far as Solis I know he is talented I just want him to train seriously and come down in weight.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
WestSideBoxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Well Gamboa sure hs showing some serious talent there. It was a little Mayweatheresque actually. As far as Solis I know he is talented I just want him to train seriously and come down in weight.
Man, sorry for calling you a hater, it's seems you are really worried about Solis weight.

I will like him to come at 240 lbs.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideBoxer
Man, sorry for calling you a hater, it's seems you are really worried about Solis weight.

I will like him to come at 240 lbs.
I am because he really isn't the huge comeforward power puncher that Stevenson or Savon were. He can attack, in fact the way he attacks now is how he used to in the amateurs. The thing is he had great footwork when he was around 215-220, and at 255+ he just will lose that and shorten his career. I also have no doubt his injury is a product of excess weight. If he can get down to 230 he will be much better and can more fully realize his potential.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum