Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #16
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com Gossip - Full Card for the 8th of December

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
not one of MY fighters. Buckey fought Debutant John Kays.

Thats a somewhat selective response.
elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #17
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Thompson's opponent Starkov may have marginally more wins than Thompson has had fights (14). The difference being Starkov has lost 12 of his last 14 and Thompson only 1 loss.

Quite who did I expect Thompson to be in with? Lets just say my expectations were higher - even taking the flu and everything else into consideration.

A fairly standard stay busy type opponent. I dont understand what you expected, especially taing things like illness into consideration. The Russian will take Mark rounds and give him further ring experience. Its a fight he's earned to finish 2007, especially after vuma and Horta.

Quote:
On another note, what happened regards my suggestion Moore & Thompson come onto ESB for a Q&A session? Have responded to your PM about this. Presume you put it to them? Would be great for the forum.
Mark doesnt really bother with computers, and to be honest I didnt put he question to him during our chat.
Jamie on the other hand is already a member on here (and boxrec) and has previously logged on to answer questions. At the moment he's understandably got other things on his plate, it'll be Jan before he could think of doing something like the Q&A.
There is also the question of how this would be done and managed as its wide open to abuse (thats my take not his). I remember boxingtalk did some of these, and to be honest a minority often spoilt it for the majority.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #18
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thats a somewhat selective response.
hit reply before replying to them all.

Last edited by CKOT; 10-12-2006 at 02:41 AM.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #19
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Yes you picked out a recent win for Phillips - his only recent win in the last two years.

yes, because it proves Phillips can fight a bit. Also, take into account he's 3 weight divisions above mattvienko's optimum weight.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #20
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Mark doesnt really bother with computers, and to be honest I didnt put he question to him during our chat.
Jamie on the other hand is already a member on here (and boxrec) and has previously logged on to answer questions. At the moment he's understandably got other things on his plate, it'll be Jan before he could think of doing something like the Q&A.
There is also the question of how this would be done and managed as its wide open to abuse (thats my take not his). I remember boxingtalk did some of these, and to be honest a minority often spoilt it for the majority.
Think I've made my point about some of the match-ups.

I wasn't aware Moore posted on ESB - not since I've joined anyway.
I get the impression its unlikely to happen but if he did decide to come onto the forum he could always ignore anything he didn't want to answer - happens all the time on here!
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #21
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I suppose what we should be concentrating on is the Moore match, the Edwards match and the Nuumbembe Watson match. 3 *******s there!

baysangurov Moore could be FOY.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #22
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Your so feisty elle- lol... think perhaps you should be a boxer..... certainly don't sound like the average arm chair fan. The Lads- Who are you? Thanks jeff.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
baysangurov Moore could be FOY.
know nothing about jamies opponent whats his resume and style?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #24
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

16-0 (12).
Beat Rubio after being knocked down in the first round.
Scraped past Bayram to win the euro title (I have this fight on dvd)
Aggressive eastern european who likes to come forward.
Well rounded amateur with some notable youth achievments.
Well thought of down in the eastern block.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #25
Rumpole
Journeyman

Quote:
Similarly I find it very hard to understand how you could fail to inform the Board that Thompson wouldn't be available for the Title eliminator with Brook on the 8th. I'm a fan so really hope this doesn't affect Thompson's chances of getting a shot when the Board make a decision.

With all due respect I am not surprised at your comment on my questioning some of the match ups on the Wigan bill - as you are the promoter I wouldn't expect you to agree. I have demonstated why in some of my other responses. It is not a case of being critical for the sake of it - I have praised VIP bills on this very forum and fought VIP's corner to some extent over the Thompson v Brook criticism in the 8th December thread. I note your point about other promoters cards and I can assure you they get their fair share of criticism on ESB too.
Good analysis Elle and I agree with all your points. The answer lies in the last sentence of the post by The Lads just above your post.
"Mark has lots to work on following his last outing."

I don't blame VIP for not letting Mark face Kell at this point but they could at least be honest about it.

Mark has all the necessary qualities to be a champion in that he has the heart of a lion, isn't a quitter, carries a very powerful punch and from a boxing fans perspective, he is very entertaining. However, his last fight with Horta exposed the fact that if he meets someone with a good defence, or presumably, fast reflexes and therefore can't land his powerful punches, he is wide open to attack.

His 'defence' is minimal to say the least and time after time he had his head knocked back with both straight lefts and rights through the middle. Fortunately for Mark, Horta lacked the power to go with his skill.

If Mark were to face any decent fighter with power, before a good deal of work is done on his defence, he would be in serious trouble.

I agree that he has lots of work to do and with Kell's punching power it would be silly to put him in the same ring. Horta finished without a single mark on him that I could see and none of Mark's power shots appeared to trouble the frenchman.

I don't think Kell has quite the same defensive skills as Horta but he does have lightning reflexes which should keep him out of harms way of Mark's rather round house punches. If Mark could deliver the same power in a straight line rather than those windmill like punches, who knows. Lots of promise but a long way from being the finished article.

That said he is still young and has only had 14 pro fights so time is on his side and he does have lots to work on.
Rumpole is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #26
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Cheers LAds.... The Rubio win is very impressive. Should be a good night for Jamie winning the Euro title should comfound a few of the doubters.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #27
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

Quote:

I wasn't aware Moore posted on ESB - not since I've joined anyway.
I get the impression its unlikely to happen but if he did decide to come onto the forum he could always ignore anything he didn't want to answer - happens all the time on here!
Remember him posting as Mooresy a while back, probably about 6 months ago and only for a couple of days.
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Your so feisty elle- lol... think perhaps you should be a boxer..... certainly don't sound like the average arm chair fan. The Lads- Who are you? Thanks jeff.

Probably wouldn't survive on the brit forum otherwise.

Think I'll leave the boxing to you though.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #29
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
know nothing about jamies opponent whats his resume and style?
Baysangurov is only 22. Just 16 pro fights so far and to be European Champion that early indicates how good he is. High KO ratio as well which suggests he can clearly punch. Think it will be tough for Moore although I am a fan and will be supporting him.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #30
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Remember him posting as Mooresy a while back, probably about 6 months ago and only for a couple of days.
Thanks Jimbo.

Had a quick look at his profile - last activity August which is the month I joined. Typical!

He should come onto ESB more often - if only to check out the 'VIP' threads. Doesn't know what he is missing!
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum