Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: VIPBoxing.com Gossip - Full Card for the 8th of December

If anyone want baysangurovs last fight PM me and I'll send it through. I can only send a dvd version that'll work on a pc though, for some reason.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpole
Good analysis Elle and I agree with all your points. The answer lies in the last sentence of the post by The Lads just above your post.
"Mark has lots to work on following his last outing."

I don't blame VIP for not letting Mark face Kell at this point but they could at least be honest about it.

Mark has all the necessary qualities to be a champion in that he has the heart of a lion, isn't a quitter, carries a very powerful punch and from a boxing fans perspective, he is very entertaining. However, his last fight with Horta exposed the fact that if he meets someone with a good defence, or presumably, fast reflexes and therefore can't land his powerful punches, he is wide open to attack.

His 'defence' is minimal to say the least and time after time he had his head knocked back with both straight lefts and rights through the middle. Fortunately for Mark, Horta lacked the power to go with his skill.

If Mark were to face any decent fighter with power, before a good deal of work is done on his defence, he would be in serious trouble.

I agree that he has lots of work to do and with Kell's punching power it would be silly to put him in the same ring. Horta finished without a single mark on him that I could see and none of Mark's power shots appeared to trouble the frenchman.

I don't think Kell has quite the same defensive skills as Horta but he does have lightning reflexes which should keep him out of harms way of Mark's rather round house punches. If Mark could deliver the same power in a straight line rather than those windmill like punches, who knows. Lots of promise but a long way from being the finished article.

That said he is still young and has only had 14 pro fights so time is on his side and he does have lots to work on.
Thanks Rumpole.

Just thought I'd take a look at the 8th December thread where the original Brook v Thompson debate started. Note your last post wasn't responded to by the VIP contingent eventhough you made a valid point. Had to smile to myself as I also came across a post I made defending 'The Lads' when you picked up on a comment he made about Brook as I didn't want what he'd said misinterpreted - seems like a distant memory now!

I also gave VIP the benefit of the doubt in that thread but it just doesn't add up anymore. I am a Thompson fan but think you are spot on about their reasons for the Title Eliminator not going ahead on the 8th. Yes it would be better for them to be honest about the situation but instead we get defensive posts. I've come to realise that some of the responses concerning VIP fighters are far from objective and actually hinder debate in my view.

It is a tricky situation and my fear is that the Board could rule that Thompson won't get his chance in the eliminator and Brook becomes the mandatory challenger. I've asked about this and my understanding (may not be accurate) is that he could also be prevented from challenging for the British Title for a year. I hope Thompson doesn't end up paying such a high price for a situation he isn't really to blame for.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #33
Rumpole
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
If anyone want baysangurovs last fight PM me and I'll send it through. I can only send a dvd version that'll work on a pc though, for some reason.
Let me know the file types and I will pm you and tell you how to convert them to create a DVD that will run on a standard DVD player.
Rumpole is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #34
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Talking of PM's - I have received yours 'The Lads' but I'm not about to continue this debate anywhere other than on the Board.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #35
Rumpole
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma
Rumpole did you get the pm I sent you?.
Sure did Emma. I have pm'd you on doghouse as I don't have 50 posts on here yet. Funny rule that but I rarely post unless I have something to say. Could take a year or longer for me to get 50 posts.

Use my e-mail if you are having trouble with the pm's. Or get the mods to change the stupid rule about 50 posts.
Rumpole is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum