Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #31
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone else do light, fasted cardio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
The fasted cardio is unnecessary, and with all due respect to MrSmall, simply another opinion on how to go about doing something when it comes to weight loss. It boils down to calories in vs. calories out. You don't need to do it fasted especially if you're a "fat cunt" since any cardio will help you lose weight, and food will help fuel you to even work out harder. Personally I tried fasted morning cardio and couldn't do it because I was lacking the energy to sustain a jog even half the distance I'd normally run. Basically the main thing is **it boils down to what you prefer to do**.

Several other supporting key points from a simple googling of fasted cardio:

-Exercise Physiologist Greg Landry, MS, author of "The Metabolism System for Weight Loss and Fitness," explains, "I agree that you burn a fuel mix that is a little higher in fat if you’re exercising on an empty stomach. However, I think the real question is, does that matter? I believe we have a ‘pool’ of calories stored in different forms in the body (fat, glycogen, etc.), so ‘burned’ calories all come from the same pool. Thus, it really doesn’t matter that the fuel mix has a little more fat in it at a given time. If it’s pulling from fat stores at that time, then it’s pulling less from glycogen stores and thus future consumed calories will be a little more likely to be stored as fat because glycogen stores are a little fuller. So it’s all a wash."

-Lyle McDonald, an expert on bodybuilding nutrition and author of "The Ketogenic Diet," agrees. He argues that the body will compensate later in the day and is simply "too smart" for strategies like this to make a substantial difference in results: "All that research says is that you burn a greater proportion of fat this way, which I agree with 100%," says Lyle. "The majority of research shows that as far as real world fat loss goes, it doesn’t really matter what you burn. Rather, 24-hour calorie balance is what matters. Because if you burn glucose during exercise, you tend to burn more fat the rest of the day. If you burn fat during exercise, you burn more glucose during the day. The end result is identical. If that weren’t the case, then athletes like sprinters who never ‘burn fat’ during exercise wouldn’t be shredded.

- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(I don't usually like posting things claiming "studies have shown..." because you can pretty much find a study supporting anything you want. If I showed a study claiming my laptop is black, someone could probably find a study claiming they found it to be red. You get the idea. )

why would you burn more glucose during the day?

that makes no sense to me, how much fat/glucose you burn is relient more so upon the intesity of what your doing. if your daily habits dont change then the % of calories from fat burned and the % of calories from glucose burned should be the same reguardless if youve allready burned an extra 800 calories from fat from walking 5 miles first thing in the morning.

infact id say that since you burned 800 calories from fat and not from carbs/glucose (as your doing light low intensity cardio) your going to be less hungry and less likely to compensate for the carbs you would have burned and end up eating more later.

the real issue i find with these studies is that they compare the same cardio like they do some one fasted running at 6 mph for how ever long compared to some one whos had food running at 6 mph for the same distance. in fact in the link you provided they talk about people wanting to do the supior cardio HIIT while fasted....you do not do HIIT while fasted....

fasted cardio should be extremly light, if fasted you cant run as far as you normally run that means your running to fast. the goal is to burn fat and fat tends to be the fuel of choice at low intensitys. if you really want to burn the fat off throw on a 20 lb vest or grab some 5 lb weights and do curls while you walk.

Last edited by Ylem; 05-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Ylem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 06:17 AM   #32
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Aclimatise with everything. When climbing in the Himalayas, fitness and aclimatation is gained by the 3 week walkin to the Big ones.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member

I eat dinner at work, go do my routine n sparring, n drink milk to tide over my stomach. when i wake up for my run at 5 or 530 im always fasted for about 12 hours. I take a few swigs of water and my vitamins b4 i run. Then depending on the schedule its either hills distance sprints or intervals. I finish my whole AM workout before eating. BTW green Chai tea is amazing. i can tell if i dont take the vitamins or drink tea cuz aside from lack of energy, my mind is sayin "**** a workout"
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #34
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Horseshit quackery

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyeICyNmW8U&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #35
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
Horseshit quackery

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

agreed, when you eat something, its not like it is all instantly digested, it takes time for that, so if you eat something prior to cardio versus after, it is not going to make that big of a difference because only a small amount of what you ate would have been digested anyways by the time you exercise so its pretty much the same thing
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #36
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Walk like you stole something and don't want to be conspicuous by walking away too fast.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #37
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Tight butt cheeks man. It is all about tight butt cheeks.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #38
Rakim
Captain ****wit

vCash: 6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
Horseshit quackery

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Explain yourself, Smalls!
Rakim is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #39
MrSmall
Journeyman

lol I didn't watch the video and nor do I care to
If it gets you the results you wants what is there to worry about?
Because some guy sitting in his garden coffee cup in hand tells you its bad?
Like the guys saying post workout carbs stop protein synthesis and fat oxidation?
He also talks about best time of the day to workout, meal frequency etc which are pretty individual things, again that I don't want some dude to tell me about, I'm getting the results I need and its easy to get caught up in stuff.
You are free to do what you like, ginger nuts.
Incidentally I've dropped 5lbs since Saturday, no fasting, cardio or dehydration.

Go on, I'll watch the vid.

Watched it, WOW MY WORLD IS BLOWN, wait no it isn't. Maybe I should make videos and make anything I want seem like the truth. For this one guy saying its no more beneficial than anything else, there will be others saying it causes cancer, and others saying its the no.1 way to lose bodyfat. You'd be a fool if you think it burns day to day fat storage, and obviously you have to do things consistently. What's to explain?
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #40
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTerrible View Post
agreed, when you eat something, its not like it is all instantly digested, it takes time for that, so if you eat something prior to cardio versus after, it is not going to make that big of a difference because only a small amount of what you ate would have been digested anyways by the time you exercise so its pretty much the same thing

It will potentially make a difference as your body is depleted of blood sugar, the only difference it will make though is that your body starts to catabolise muscle.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

I feel like shit whenever I do this, which is more than sufficient reason for me to eat a damn bagel or drink some juice before a run. I don't like feeling like I'm going to dry heave while I'm working out.
KillSomething is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing