Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Is Hatton Underestimating PBFS Power`

Im 50/50 on the fight but from what i see it seems Hatton has no respect for Mayweathers punch he calls him a runner etc, But Mayweathers power should show here i feel cus Hatton is a 140 pounder as is Floyd (140) was his best weight to me, do u think Hatton will be surprised by Floyds power.
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Is Hatton Underestimating PBFS Power`

I don't take into account what fighters say outside of the ring and apply it to my predicted outcome of the fight. Hatton knows Floyd can crack, he's just talking.

There's no way you go up against the best fighter the world has to offer and not know what they have to bring to the table...
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

PBF has underrated power and isn't a feather-fist. If Hatton thinks he's going to walk through his punches he's going to be in for a rude awaking. Oscar who has a better chin that Hatton didn't do it and Hatton won't either, PBF will more than earn his respect.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
PBF has underrated power and isn't a feather-fist. If Hatton thinks he's going to walk through his punches he's going to be in for a rude awaking. Oscar who has a better chin that Hatton didn't do it and Hatton won't either, PBF will more than earn his respect.
exactly, DLH thought that, then his knees buckled in the 5th round from a floyd punch and he became tentative through out.

If Hatton underestimates Floyds power, this could be similiar to the Gatti fight.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
GlassyEyes
Ya know what im sayin?
ESB Jr Member

Well, of course Mayweather is going to break jaws, and shatter teeth.

We've all seen his crushin KO power before.

When was the last time Mayweather actually KNOCKED somebody out? TKO doesnt count.

Hatton will walk through anything he has to offer.

hatton...oscar...two different styles.
GlassyEyes is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the shots that hurt you are the ones you don't see, while floyd's power isn't amazing or jaw dropping, it is decent enough. combine that with the fact that he can hit you from odd angles and i think he is capable of hurting hatton
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassyEyes
Well, of course Mayweather is going to break jaws, and shatter teeth.

We've all seen his crushin KO power before.

When was the last time Mayweather actually KNOCKED somebody out? TKO doesnt count.

Hatton will walk through anything he has to offer.

hatton...oscar...two different styles.

You don't have a clue. Styles have nothing to do with chins fool either you can take a good punch or you can't I hope you and Ricky keep thinking that he will walk right through PBF and you'll be very disappointed when it doesn't happen. Feather-fisted Collazo had Ricky on queer street but PBF doesn't have enough power to get his respect? Know what the **** you're talking about before spouting this nonsense.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec
I think if anyone's underestimating its Floyd.. He said on the first 24/7 he'd barely seen Hatton fight.. and that all he knew was he'd beaten a bunch of journeymen and could care less about knowing more.. I think Hatton knows what he's up against.. Especially if DLH is playing a part in his training..
don't you believe it, I doubt floyd plays everything by ear, Im pretty sure he saw enough of hatton style to get a general idea of what he fights like , but at the same time he knows that may not be the hatton that shows up to fight.

he knows hatton's is smart enough to bring something different to the table to throw floyd off, he just need to be ready.
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #9
GlassyEyes
Ya know what im sayin?
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C

You don't have a clue. Styles have nothing to do with chins fool!! I hope you and Ricky keep thinking that he will walk right through PBF and you'll be very disappointed when it doesn't happen. Feather-fisted Collazo had Ricky on queer street but PBF doesn't have enough power to get his respect? Know what the **** you're talking about before spouting this nonsense.
You ARE that ****ing stupid arent you? You've never actually competed in boxing have you? No.

Styles do have an effect on how you take a punch.....

Oscar. Stayed on the outside 50/50 through out the fight, letting Mayweather get full leverage on his punches. Meaning, they have more power. Did you know that? Probably not.

Hatton. Likes to be in your face, smothering punches, meaning, the punches dont have any power.

You are dumb. Your posts dont have any cred.

Ignorant, and STUPID. Wow.
GlassyEyes is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ricky Hatton once was a dynamo, smashing away at an opponent's ribcage, feeding off the frenzied atmosphere of capacity crowds at Manchester's MEN Arena. In LV, it seems there's less ferocity and still wanting to entertain, he also wants to use his brains in the ring and avoid getting cut. Let's face it, he was against a powerhouse, iron-jawed, previously undefeated Juan Urango who hits much harder than Mayweather and Hatton's tactics resulted in UD scores 119-109 ( Dave Moretti ( judge for Mayweather-Hatton), Jerry Roth and Robert Hoyle). If you ask me, no, Hatton will not be troubled at all and will be walking through the flurries to land a harder hook and keep him throwing less and less by the moment...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #11
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
I don't take into account what fighters say outside of the ring and apply it to my predicted outcome of the fight. Hatton knows Floyd can crack, he's just talking.

There's no way you go up against the best fighter the world has to offer and not know what they have to bring to the table...
Agreed , I doubt ether one of these guys will be pulling a Nate Cambell..
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #12
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Ricky Hatton once was a dynamo, smashing away at an opponent's ribcage, feeding off the frenzied atmosphere of capacity crowds at Manchester's MEN Arena. In LV, it seems there's less ferocity and still wanting to entertain, he also wants to use his brains in the ring and avoid getting cut. Let's face it, he was against a powerhouse, iron-jawed, previously undefeated Juan Urango who hits much harder than Mayweather and Hatton's tactics resulted in UD scores 119-109 ( Dave Moretti ( judge for Mayweather-Hatton), Jerry Roth and Robert Hoyle). If you ask me, no, Hatton will not be troubled at all and will be walking through the flurries to land a harder hook and keep him throwing less and less by the moment...

Sorry dude Ricky does not chew iron or bite steel and nether does Floyd, anyone can catch you and hurt you .. Hatton would be one silly **** to think other wise .. When dealing with a precise puncher that hits you with punches you don't see it best to keep your hand up and error on the side of caution .
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

I dont think he is. I dont think that either will be undestimating any facet of the other.

I think that Floyd will fined out that Hatton is faster on his feet than he expects, and Hatton may fined that Mayweather hits harder than he expects. I dont think that that amounts to underestimation though.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassyEyes
You ARE that ****ing stupid arent you? You've never actually competed in boxing have you? No.

Styles do have an effect on how you take a punch.....

Oscar. Stayed on the outside 50/50 through out the fight, letting Mayweather get full leverage on his punches. Meaning, they have more power. Did you know that? Probably not.

Hatton. Likes to be in your face, smothering punches, meaning, the punches dont have any power.

You are dumb. Your posts dont have any cred.

Ignorant, and STUPID. Wow.
I've spent time in the ring dumbass and know it's the punches you don't see coming that hurt you the most and against PBF Ricky will get his fair share. Regardless of what you think about styles and their effect on the chin if Ricky gets caught with a punch he doesn't see he will get hurt period. I would also like to add Oscar has shown to have a better chin than Hatton and has faced bigger punchers than Hatton as well and he was rocked by PBF. To think the same can't happen to Hatton is foolish.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

as much as i think floyd should win this fight, i'm still 50/50 on this fight. hatton's pressure is outstanding i think i think it will bring out a different side of mayweather. looks like its shaping up to be an outstanding fight
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum