Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #16
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Hatton Underestimating PBFS Power`

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
When dealing with a precise puncher that hits you with punches you don't see it best to keep your hand up and error on the side of caution .
I am usually the one to use that trademark comment first, that potential risk outweighs potential gain and it's best to err on the side of caution. Well, If Ricky is gonna stay at bay, pose and cover up all up on attack, he not gonna gain anything but loses from the start - it's taking the risks against the one who is sure not to the taks at hand for the Brit- risk takers sometimes get big rewards rather than meeting disaster on their paths of audacity. Once Ricky makes his energy fight felt on the slickster, let's see how he'll respond... Probably backs off and pot shots all the time on his way to another safety first display...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #17
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
I am usually the one to use that trademark comment first, that potential risk outweighs potential gain and it's best to err on the side of caution. Well, If Ricky is gonna stay at bay, pose and cover up all up on attack, he not gonna gain anything but loses from the start - it's taking the risks against the one who is sure not to the taks at hand for the Brit- risk takers sometimes get big rewards rather than meeting disaster on their paths of audacity. Once Ricky makes his energy fight felt on the slickster, let's see how he'll respond... Probably backs off and pot shots all the time on his way to another safety first display...

NO doubt Hatton and team went back and seen some of floyd old fight footage , like emanuel Burton , and Chavez when floyd comment to punches he can be hit and no doubt hatton trying to baite floyd into that type or action .
If he goes in there blind trying to get floyd to commit to his punches by going forward , think he can't be hurt , then he does not belong in the ring with floyd .. I don't care what hatton says , there no way he going to eat 6 punches to land one .. Hatton has a plan, Im pretty sure that ant it.
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C

You don't have a clue. Styles have nothing to do with chins fool either you can take a good punch or you can't I hope you and Ricky keep thinking that he will walk right through PBF and you'll be very disappointed when it doesn't happen. Feather-fisted Collazo had Ricky on queer street but PBF doesn't have enough power to get his respect? Know what the **** you're talking about before spouting this nonsense.
TESTIFY!!!
Popshots is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #19
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

I really doubt either guy is underestimating the other.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #20
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

i doubt very seriously Ricky "walks thourgh floyds punches all night"....beause once he gets to Floyd he wont be there then he would have to do it all over.......NOT A GOOD PLAN!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
PBF has underrated power and isn't a feather-fist. If Hatton thinks he's going to walk through his punches he's going to be in for a rude awaking. Oscar who has a better chin that Hatton didn't do it and Hatton won't either, PBF will more than earn his respect.
how do you determine that osca has a better chin then hatton ???

Hatton is undefeated and - to my knowledge (correct me if im wrong) has never really been down in 43 fights
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #22
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion

Hatton is undefeated and - to my knowledge (correct me if im wrong) has never really been down in 43 fights
i really dont think Hatton has been tested though...he took some good shots from Zu but they werent Zu's best i dont think.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #23
sthomas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Gotta be kidden me...... These guys know everything about each other. They both have a great deal of respect for their opponents abilities. How many times have you heard, " He's stronger than I thought" come out of the mouths of defeated Floyd opponents? Ricky is very aware that Floyd's a strong guy. All this stuff is just jawboneing to spark interest, and they know the other guy does not believe a word of it when they say it.!!!!!!!!!
sthomas is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmelicious
i dunno man, tsyzu is a murderous puncher! rick took some good shts that put othes on queer street!
true indeed....i dont know...i think Zu is the only one to have legit power and hit him...i really dont know who else can be certified as as a legit puncher who tagged him good. i dont think he has been tested as much as Oscar has...thats why Oscar would have a better chin...so to speak.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:31 PM   #25
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmelicious
i dunno man, tsyzu is a murderous puncher! rick took some good shots that put othes on queer street!
True but you have to have your legs under you , to land those Murderous Bomb , something Zoo did not have about round 3 or 4 , his leg were gone.
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #26
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion

Hatton was dropped by magee and on queer street against Collazo. Oscar has faced much bigger punchers in Tito and Mayorga just to name a few. You never saw Oscar on queer street against light hiting opponents like Collazo.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #27
GlassyEyes
Ya know what im sayin?
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Hatton was dropped by magee and on queer street against Collazo. Oscar has faced much bigger punchers in Tito and Mayorga just to name a few. You never saw Oscar on queer street against light hiting opponents like Collazo.

Just say it. You think Mayweather is the hardest puncher p4p.

Mayweather..

Iron chin
Greatest stamina
Hardest puncher
Ring general
Likes being on the ropes getting pounded on. Its in the GAME plan.
When you hit him. He allowed you to hit him.
Can really jump rope!
Brittle hands, but always finds a way to win. Awwe, such a great love story
Fights the BEST competition
Isnt in it for the money, just loves the sport.

Wow, what a FIGHTER!
GlassyEyes is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #28
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Benn
Im 50/50 on the fight but from what i see it seems Hatton has no respect for Mayweathers punch he calls him a runner etc, But Mayweathers power should show here i feel cus Hatton is a 140 pounder as is Floyd (140) was his best weight to me, do u think Hatton will be surprised by Floyds power.
Floyds best weight was superfeather weight or lightweight were he dropped coralles and his power was their. Apart from Shamba and Gatti he has not knocked out an elite fighter for two years including Chicken legs judah.
john b is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #29
GlassyEyes
Ya know what im sayin?
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
His ppv's didn't sell well? Who gave Judah, Baldomir, ODH, and soon to be Hatton there biggest paydays ever. Everyone buys the ppv's becuase they want to see the best fighter in the world lose and has his mouth shut but it ain't ever gonna happen smart guy.

Who gave Mayweather his biggest payday ever?

Oscar. stfu.
GlassyEyes is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #30
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
You don't get the point smart. PBF gave those other fighters there biggest payday and is going to give Hatton his biggest career payday. Is that to much stress on your brain?
yeah he might be giving hatton his biggest payday. But hatton is the biggest live draw, I mean he used to get twenty thousand fans near enough when he fought domestic fighters.
john b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum