Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #16
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

If he beats Dawson he will get no credit just like Hopkins gets no credit for beating Tarver or Trinidad. It will be easy to look back and say Dawson wasn't actually that good once Calzaghe beats him.
mike464 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #17
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

Eubanks was on his way out and the fight was set up on the fly. Lacy and Kessler are nothing special.
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
I think he is a proven great fighter and definitely a top 100 ATG, but a victory over Dawson would be HUGE for his legacy and he does need that fight.
Slappy Joe a top 100 ATG

An ATG SMW yes, but top 100 pound for pound????? Gimme a ****in' break son

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley
Slappy Joe a top 100 ATG

Boo
Yeah it's great that he beat Kessler and Lacy but let's not get carried away.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
majorer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=planetzion]and if he beats hops ...it will be a case of he beat a 42 year old fighter and if he beats dawson he beat who?? So some of you guys Dawson adds more to his reume then Kessler ?? Bullshit...Kessler was far more extablished in his div then Dawson....

YES OKAY YES ... i agree beating Hops and Chad will definalty add to his Legacy and Resume of course but thats not what I am posting im saying he doesnt need to

I went on record as saying he needed to fight Kessler that fight was a must to be considrede undisputed but some guys are carrying on like he's still unporven **** me we all thought he was going down against Lacy but he ****ing owned his ass

Yes Kessler lost a couple of rounds in his entire prof career. and that was to Mundine until he lost to Calzaghe. Everyone he has totally dominated. Totally.

Calzaghe could retire now in my opinion, and be regarded as an all time great. Or at least he should be.
But I would like to see him beat Hopkins in a last fight. That would be a great end to his career. Hopefully he will be in top form to this fight and not underestimate Hopkins because of his age. If he comes in in the form he was in when he fought Bika or Manfredo I will be disappointed. And I think he will be too, because Hopkins will beat him then.
He should come in in the shape he was in when he fought Lacy and Kessler and he should beat old Hopkins no problem.
majorer is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
majorer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
Kessler, Lacy, Eubank were bums ...

read my previous post and get where i am coming from

Bums? Is that not perhaps a bit idiotic to say. If they are bums give some examples of decent fighters and good fighters and world class fighters

And if those guys are bums what are you then ?
majorer is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #22
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorer
Bums? Is that not perhaps a bit idiotic to say. If they are bums give some examples of decent fighters and good fighters and world class fighters

And if those guys are bums what are you then ?
du'uh....you goof ball - i was responding to what some one else said..someone in a prev post said that Jo's competition was all bums so I responded with what you read ...
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #23
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I think he is a proven great fighter and definitely a top 100 ATG, but a victory over Dawson would be HUGE for his legacy and he does need that fight.
No he doesn't need the dawson fight. Dawson has one big win and 2
defenses against laughable opposition. He hasn't proven shit yet.
clinton woods would be a bigger win. I'm tired of everyone saying
joe has to beat these young undefeated fighters to seal his legacy.
His legacy is sealed! A fight with hopkins is the ONLY fight to make him
internationally recognized as a legend.
teetop is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
he'd be a hofer but would he be a legend? Would there be any legendary fighter or legendary fight he was involved in under his belt. Will anyone miss him?

To me, losing a great grueling fight against another great fighter is alot better then being undefeated against stiffs.
He'd be a bigger legend in UK than Hopkins would be.He fights in Europe so why would he be a legend in America
sonny73 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #25
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley
Slappy Joe a top 100 ATG

Boo
Do you have a top 100 ATG list? If you do, please post the fighters from 90-100 and I'll tell you why Calzaghe deserves to be AHEAD of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetop
No he doesn't need the dawson fight. Dawson has one big win and 2 defenses against laughable opposition. He hasn't proven shit yet.
Clinton Woods would be a bigger win? Why's that? Because he won a few wars against B-level fighters like Gonzalez and Johnson? Dawson's schooling of Adamek is more impressive than anything in Woods' long career. But all that doesn't even matter. Just LOOK at the two fighters. Dawson's skills are on a much higher level than Woods and his style would cause way more problems for Calzaghe than Woods' style. Can you at least admit that?
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #26
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No he doesn't need the dawson fight. Dawson has one big win and 2
defenses against laughable opposition. He hasn't proven shit yet.

a sane voice
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #27
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Do you have a top 100 ATG list? If you do, please post the fighters from 90-100 and I'll tell you why Calzaghe deserves to be AHEAD of them.

Clinton Woods would be a bigger win? Why's that? Because he won a few wars against B-level fighters like Gonzalez and Johnson? Dawson's schooling of Adamek is more impressive than anything in Woods' long career. But all that doesn't even matter. Just LOOK at the two fighters. Dawson's skills are on a much higher level than Woods and his style would cause way more problems for Calzaghe than Woods' style. Can you at least admit that?
Yes. If you can admit that calz doesn't need dawson. And, by the way
is beating young, hungry undefeated fighters better than beating old
war horses w/ a name, or at least more dangerous? Then joe beating
lacy and kessler is better than hopkins beating delahoya and trinidad.
teetop is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #28
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Yes. If you can admit that calz doesn't need dawson. And, by the way is beating young, hungry undefeated fighters better than beating old
war horses w/ a name, or at least more dangerous? Then joe beating
lacy and kessler is better than hopkins beating delahoya and trinidad.
Yes, the win over Kessler is better than both of those Hopkins' wins. Hopkins should be ranked high, but not just because of those wins over elite welters.

Saying Calzaghe doesn't "need" Dawson depends on what you mean by it. He doesn't need him if wants to retire an ATG and the most accomplished 168 pounder ever, but he does need him if he wants the biggest challenge at 175 and wants to improve his legacy.
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #29
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #30
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-18-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum