Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #31
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
If he beats Dawson he will get no credit just like Hopkins gets no credit for beating Tarver or Trinidad. It will be easy to look back and say Dawson wasn't actually that good once Calzaghe beats him.
That's wht will happen no matter WHO Joe beats...Lacy was God on here and was gonna TKO Joe early...now he's overrated/ a bum....kessler too??
Eubank??.....If Joe beats Dawson = Joe is nt good, Dawsn is overhyped, and Joec is still fighting bums...haters wil never change with their lying crap
drvooh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #32
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Calzaghe needs to fight in America to cement a legacy as a great fighter.

He needs to beat Hopkins (a great name for the resume regardless of circumstances) and then he probably needs to beat a young hungry up and coming fighter...someone like Chad Dawson.

Then his doubters will be forced to recognise him as a great, if they have any sense and deceny and fairness.

But until Calzaghe wins big in the States, I fully understand the question marks against him.

And I am a huge Calzaghe fan.

I'm just not a nut-hugger with no objectivity.

jo needs to fight in the states to be considered great ....

bullshit .....
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #33
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-18-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #34
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetop
No he doesn't need the dawson fight. Dawson has one big win and 2
defenses against laughable opposition. He hasn't proven shit yet.
clinton woods would be a bigger win. I'm tired of everyone saying
joe has to beat these young undefeated fighters to seal his legacy.
His legacy is sealed! A fight with hopkins is the ONLY fight to make him internationally recognized as a legend.
ding! ding! ding! Bingo!

I have no problem with Joe's skills, his capabilities, his greatness as the best fighter out of his country but how can some people say that his legacy is sealed when he's not internationally recognized as a legend yet ?

psychopath is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #35
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseboi
You'd have to have the IQ of a lemon to think Joe needs to prove himself further.
I agree. And your avatar is a classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
I have no problem with Joe's skills, his capabilities, his greatness as the best fighter out of his country but how can some people say that his legacy is sealed when he's not internationally recognized as a legend yet ?
Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air

~ Thomas Gray

FRKO is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 PM   #36
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
I didn't say I don't consider him a great. I do.

But he needs to fight in America for the American boxing community to consider him a great.

cmon man your watering down your assertion ....what boxing community are you referring to??

There's an element of narrow minded ignorant fans who believe that greatness is sealed when one comes to america....they are never satisfyed with anyones achievments and Calzaghe doesnt owe them or anyone else shit ...He is great....nuff said.... i am a boxing fan (not really a calzaghe fan bTW) and part of the boxing community
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #37
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

beating Kessler and Lacy the way he did proves that Calzaghe is a great fighter, but he's not an ATG yet and beating Hopkins, Dawson, or Jones would be a great step...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #38
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

I love Joe....but if historically, he wants to be mentioned as an ATG, he is going to need at least one ATG on his resume. Fair or not its the truth....there isnt one ATG out there without one. Closest would be Finito Lopez.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #39
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvooh
That's wht will happen no matter WHO Joe beats...Lacy was God on here and was gonna TKO Joe early...now he's overrated/ a bum....kessler too??
Eubank??.....If Joe beats Dawson = Joe is nt good, Dawsn is overhyped, and Joec is still fighting bums...haters wil never change with their lying crap
Calzaghe is God on here now but in the unlikely event that Hopkins beats him some will pick apart Calzaghe's record and say he was protected and moving up in weight etc. If Calzaghe beats Hopkins he just beat an old man who lost 2 of his last 4. In reality both would be great wins.

As for the Lacy fight, it's almost as if Calzaghe beat Lacy too badly! You can't hold how bad Lacy looked in their fight against Calzaghe because it was him making Lacy look bad. Same with Hopkins and Tarver.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #40
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
Calzaghe is God on here now but in the unlikely event that Hopkins beats him some will pick apart Calzaghe's record and say he was protected and moving up in weight etc. If Calzaghe beats Hopkins he just beat an old man who lost 2 of his last 4. In reality both would be great wins.

As for the Lacy fight, it's almost as if Calzaghe beat Lacy too badly! You can't hold how bad Lacy looked in their fight against Calzaghe because it was him making Lacy look bad. Same with Hopkins and Tarver.
You are correct here.
drvooh is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #41
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Joe Calzaghe is a future Hall of Famer, but in order to be remembered as a true All Time Great, he needs to continue fighting the best. Wins over Dawson, Woods, and Hopkins would move him into the top 40 or 50 of all time.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 PM   #42
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKO

Full many a gem of purest ray serene
The dark unfathom'd caves of ocean bear:
Full many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air

~ Thomas Gray

Was that suppose to answer my question?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 AM   #43
SAS2
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
I think he is a proven great fighter and definitely a top 100 ATG, but a victory over Dawson would be HUGE for his legacy and he does need that fight.
hes higher than top 100 and dawson has beaten no one to date, that JC beating him would make joes legacy enhanced. who has dawson beat?
SAS2 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 12:31 AM   #44
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
Was that suppose to answer my question?

Hehe. It kinda does. Maybe you just don't understand it.
FRKO is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #45
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKO
Hehe. It kinda does. Maybe you just don't understand it.
I really don't because I'm not a poet and I hate poems.

What about answering that question straight to make thing simplier?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum