Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-29-2007, 12:43 AM   #46
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

ok i read the entire thread let says joe doesn't get the fight with b-hop but beats woods then beats the winner of jones trinadad and then retires

but then kessler goes on to dominate with only on loss and lacy as well both lacy and kessler go on to be great fighters and dominate the divisons then what how will we place JC being that he whooped these to in the twilight of his carreer.

people got to remember the JOE we saw beat lacy and kessler was an old JOE not a prime joe your prime is usally from 26-32 . look at jones at 35 he got ko'd and hokins lost to his young undefeated lions JOE not only beat 1 but 2 futures of the divison.

when kessler and lacy cement there legacy then we will se just how truely great JC was
tays001 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #47
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Thought That Calzaghe "needs" To Fight Anyone Is A Load Of Wad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
I really don't because I'm not a poet and I hate poems.

What about answering that question straight to make thing simplier?

OK. I don't particularly like poetry either, but for some weird reason both my parents are into it and I end up soaking that shit up. Basically:

Here, the gem at the bottom of the ocean may represent an undiscovered musician, poet, scientist or philosopher. (Of course, in this case it's a very talented but sometimes unappreciated fighter).

The flower may likewise stand for a person of great and noble qualities that are "wasted on the desert air." -- Beautiful flowers grow in the desert and bloom without ever being seen.

On another level, the gem and the flower can stand for anything in life that goes unappreciated.
Sometimes, people are just born not to be recognized for what they truly are, and we don't cherish them while they are here. It's not really any different from Van Gogh and the fact that he only ever sold two paintings in his entire life, one of those being bought by his brother. Later, people recognized his talent, but it was too late.

Alright, enough! I suppose it's a long-winded way of saying how people have their heads up their asses and they should give JC the real credit he deserves. And I probably still didn't answer your question. And now loads of forum gangsta's are probably after me for quoting poetry on a boxing forum... but to me, boxing is as valid an artform as music or painting.

*runs...

FRKO is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #48
LockDog387
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Calzaghe doesn't need Dawson, it's Dawson who needs Calzaghe. Luckily Dawson has his hands full right now, now that the WBC has ordeded Dawson to defend against his mandatory his and other opponents, so a matchup between Dawson and Calzaghe won't happen anytime soon. Or even never for that matter, depending on if Calzaghe's stays true to his retirement plan. But when they do fight, I guarantee you Dawson will be ready.
LockDog387 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 AM   #49
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I agree that Calzaghe's legacy is almost cemented as of right now, although I'm quite sure I disagree with just what that legacy is.

Considering how people are rating Bernard at this stage of his career (43), a win for Calzaghe does little more than gain him international recognition; nothing to enhance his legacy. Right?

So adding a Woods (2 titles, but not much more, imHo) and then Hopkins, and his legacy is not going to be MUCH more then what it is now. If so, then I agree with the poster who said it all depends on how Lacy and Kessler go in their careers. If they amount to nothing, you have 2 old men on their way out (Eubank and Hops), and the other two (Lacy and Kessler), who didn't amount to anything. Kinda hard to put him in the top 75, let alone top 50.

Now if Kessler (and/or Lacy) goes on to dominate, then those victories will be seen in the same light as the Eubank and Hops (this is all assuming he fights AND beats Hops) fights, although they are young and primed. Top 75 is easilly argued, but top 50 not so easy. That's where the guys like Dawson (which he doesn't neccessarily need) come into play.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #50
LockDog387
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Also to the people who doubt Dawson's ability, I can understand your skepticism. I personally think he's the real deal, but yeah he defintley needs to fight more top opponents to prove all the doubters, let alone a match up with Calzaghe. I'm pretty positive Dawson won't be facing anymore cab drivers in 2008. So Dawson right now is a "lets wait and see" type fighter.
LockDog387 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum