Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who has the best resume in MMA history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Nog's is definitely better than Fedor's.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Nog's is definitely better than Fedor's.
How so fella?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
How so fella?
More wins over more top fighters IMO. I love Fedor as a fighter and think he is the GOAT, but Nog's resume is something special.

By the time Fedor was feasting on Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland, Nog was beating Josh Barnett and Fabricio Werdum FFS.

Nog's win res:

Crocop
Barnett
Kharitonov
Mark Coleman in '01
Fabricio Werdum
Bob Sapp
Sylvia
Couture
Schilt
Ricco Rodriguez
Henderson
Herring
Goodridge
V Overeem
Jeremy Horn

Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #19
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Tis a very good list and maybe you have a point there in terms of depth, but Fedor > Nog x 2 is still difficult to argue against
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
More wins over more top fighters IMO. I love Fedor as a fighter and think he is the GOAT, but Nog's resume is something special.

By the time Fedor was feasting on Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland, Nog was beating Josh Barnett and Fabricio Werdum FFS.

Nog's win res:

Crocop
Barnett
Kharitonov
Mark Coleman in '01
Fabricio Werdum
Bob Sapp
Sylvia
Couture
Schilt
Ricco Rodriguez
Henderson
Herring
Goodridge
V Overeem
Jeremy Horn

Ironic. Fedor and Nog have 7 opponents in common there. Except Fedor destruction of all said 7 was far more poignant than Nog's. And yet you still insist that Fedor's resume is weak. Me thinks you're just surfing Sherdog records and revising. I suggest you watch those fights.
And Overeems brother?!?! Really? That some kind of joke?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Ironic. Fedor and Nog have 7 opponents in common there. Except Fedor destruction of all said 7 was far more poignant than Nog's. And yet you still insist that Fedor's resume is weak. Me thinks you're just surfing Sherdog records and revising. I suggest you watch those fights.
And Overeems brother?!?! Really? That some kind of joke?
Please, please understand that I have NEVER said Fedor's record was weak and I do NOT think that.

I am a fan of Fedor. I think he is a better fighter than Nog was, and I think he is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time.

But when I consider the fighters Fedor beat and I consider the fighters Nog beat, I genuinely believe Nog's have the edge.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I guess you have to factor in quality of the Wins aswell. Horn and Hendo arent HW's, and there's a case that Rico won that fight and you've obviously picked out Valentine because of his last name. And Kharitanov is overrated imo

Cro Cop and even Sylvia & Sapp beat the living shit out of Nog till he pulled out the sub, not a critism that's why we love him right. But in the mutual oponants they share Fedor did much better and you still got Fedor over Nog twice to deal with
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #23
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I guess you have to factor in quality of the Wins aswell. Horn and Hendo arent HW's, and there's a case that Rico won that fight and you've obviously picked out Valentine because of his last name. And Kharitanov is overrated imo

Cro Cop and even Sylvia & Sapp beat the living shit out of Nog till he pulled out the sub, not a critism that's why we love him right. But in the mutual oponants they share Fedor did much better and you still got Fedor over Nog twice to deal with
I picked Valentijn because his previous fight was a submission win over Randy Couture.

Kharitonov is a much better win than Rogers, Arlovski, Choi, Lindland, etc. Fedor doesn't have many wins better than that tbh.

I find it strange that you are dissecting Nog's resume like this, when it was you who mentioned Jeremy Horn in this discussion not long ago.

Anyway, answer me this, if we discount the Crocop and Big Nog wins for a second, which of Fedor's wins are as good as any of these:

Barnett
Werdum
Kharitonov
Coleman in 2001

Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I mentioned Horn as he has a Who's who of MMA on his resume and I thought we were discussing that and not best wins.

Im not really dismissing Nog's resume, it's sublime, my point was that Fedor delt with his competition a little bit more decisively for a longer period.

Ok then, i'll humour you and dismiss Fedor's two best wins while keeping Nogs 2nd best on the list, but I like a challenge

Barnett - Probably the key win if you look at both their resumes together, but the numbers dont add up when you look at it this way. Nog has two wins and 3 loss' against the no 1, 3 & 4 HW's in the Pride division(Nog being no 2 obviously), but Fedor is 3-0 over the no 2 & 3, so do the math. Add to that Fedor's wins are much more convincing , both Nog's v Barnett fights were close, and Cro Cop fight was a legendary come from behind victory, but Mirko landed a HK right at the bell and if it had landed maybe 20 secs earlier, he could have conceivably forced a ref stoppage, but redit where its due, one of my favourite fights of all time

Werdum - Well since Im not able to pick Nog for this I'll have to pick Arona
Kharitanov - Schilt, being a strike who was taken down and beaten. But Arlovski, Goodridge, Herring, Randleman have all achieved as much if not more than at HW than Sergei
Coleman - Coleman x 2, Randleman, Sylvia

Quite a challenge considering we have dismissed Fedor's two best wins, but I think Ive made a case
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Couture, Liddell, Big Nog, Henderson, GSP, Anderson. Fedor being number 1 is a ****ing joke.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Fedor being number 1 is a ****ing joke.
how is that?
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #27
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

anderson silva all day everyday!!
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I mentioned Horn as he has a Who's who of MMA on his resume and I thought we were discussing that and not best wins.

Im not really dismissing Nog's resume, it's sublime, my point was that Fedor delt with his competition a little bit more decisively for a longer period.

Ok then, i'll humour you and dismiss Fedor's two best wins while keeping Nogs 2nd best on the list, but I like a challenge

Barnett - Probably the key win if you look at both their resumes together, but the numbers dont add up when you look at it this way. Nog has two wins and 3 loss' against the no 1, 3 & 4 HW's in the Pride division(Nog being no 2 obviously), but Fedor is 3-0 over the no 2 & 3, so do the math. Add to that Fedor's wins are much more convincing , both Nog's v Barnett fights were close, and Cro Cop fight was a legendary come from behind victory, but Mirko landed a HK right at the bell and if it had landed maybe 20 secs earlier, he could have conceivably forced a ref stoppage, but redit where its due, one of my favourite fights of all time

Werdum - Well since Im not able to pick Nog for this I'll have to pick Arona
Kharitanov - Schilt, being a strike who was taken down and beaten. But Arlovski, Goodridge, Herring, Randleman have all achieved as much if not more than at HW than Sergei
Coleman - Coleman x 2, Randleman, Sylvia

Quite a challenge considering we have dismissed Fedor's two best wins, but I think Ive made a case
You have made a case, but there are still real holes in it IMO.

For instance, Arona is not as good a win as Werdum, quite simply.

Fedor's wins over Coleman, Randleman and Sylvia are not as good as Nog's win over a better version of Coleman, quite simply.

And none of Schilt, Arlovski, Goodridge, Herring and Randleman are as good a win as Nog's over Kharitonov, quite simply.

Just writing names doesn't really equate to making a case, if the points continually don't stand up.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #29
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
anderson silva all day everyday!!
Absolutely no way in hell.

Silva is easily as good as anyone who's ever fought in MMA ability-wise IMO, but other than Hendo the best fighter he's ever beat was Franklin. His resume and his comp have not been great at all, as mw has never been as strong as lhw or ww IMO.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #30
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You have made a case, but there are still real holes in it IMO.

For instance, Arona is not as good a win as Werdum, quite simply.

Fedor's wins over Coleman, Randleman and Sylvia are not as good as Nog's win over a better version of Coleman, quite simply.

And none of Schilt, Arlovski, Goodridge, Herring and Randleman are as good a win as Nog's over Kharitonov, quite simply.

Just writing names doesn't really equate to making a case, if the points continually don't stand up.
As I said 3-0-1 over the 2 & 3 in the division opposed to 2-3-1 over the 1,3,4 in the division is really all there is to say about it, and writing 'real holes' isnt really making a case quite simply

They both have plenty of sub par fights on their records, and arguing which ones are the worst is ignoring the main points above, Fedor has both the better wins and probably the more sub par ones. Point is he totally owned Nog twice, so he fact Nog beat so many good guys is an testament to how good Fedor is.

Nog had to beat a lot of tough guys and did. Why did he have to beat them? To get a shot at the Champion.
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum