Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Bellator fighters in such better shape than the rest of MMA world...

Started watching Bellator recently, and it's amazing how all these guys look like athletes. I even seen a couple of heavies that were a bit big (one fat) and they slugged it out like crazy.
These guys fight with heart, go toe to toe a lot of the times (no hugging eachother for 10 minutes), give good strikes, take good strikes, etc. MMA isn't a bodybuilding competition, but you should be in shape.
It just amazes me to watch MMA for 2 hours, and be excited pretty much every match. In UFC or SF there's just straight up to much holding, laying on eachother (there's a difference between resting on your opponents shoulder for a breather, and WRESTLING), and basically boring matches. Definitely not all, but I'd say usually 50% of the cards have plenty of moments like this.

And I'm not saying just because some of these guys have six pack abs there going to beat Diaz, Silva, GSP, etc anytime soon, but Bellator definitely does have some athletes, and good fights. Me being more of a boxing fan admittedly I think Bellator is the best of both worlds, and I'm surprised there's not more talk on this forum about it.
Primenal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bellator fighters in such better shape than the rest of MMA world...

i dont agree 100% with that comment gsp, nick diaz, cain velasquez, brock lesnar, sean sherk and jon jones are among the top athetes in the world, their fitness levels are incredible bellator have great fighters love hector lombard however to say that they have the better shape than the rest of the mma world is just simply not true bro
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Bellator fighters in such better shape than the rest of MMA world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
i dont agree 100% with that comment gsp, nick diaz, cain velasquez, brock lesnar, sean sherk and jon jones are among the top athetes in the world, their fitness levels are incredible bellator have great fighters love hector lombard however to say that they have the better shape than the rest of the mma world is just simply not true bro
you cant say that Fedor, BJ Penn and roy nelson looks like they are really fit can you?
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
you cant say that Fedor, BJ Penn and roy nelson looks like they are really fit can you?
dude you naming only 3 fighters who have considerable body fat on them however look at cain velasquez he has body fat on him but his cardio is still amazing.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

the top guys can chill therefore they have some body fat in bellator youre a slave and therefore you cant chill and build up your body fat
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
the top guys can chill therefore they have some body fat in bellator youre a slave and therefore you cant chill and build up your body fat
You really need to think before you post
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You really need to think before you post
no i dont
Old 05-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Yeah Bellator is great, the tournament format has that old school feel and the tv production is quality. Alexander Shlemenko, Hector Lombard, Ben Askren and Eddie Alvarez are all fun to watch and make me excited about the future of the sport.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #9
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:
no i dont
196osh is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #10
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
no i dont
im embarrassed for ya
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
dude you naming only 3 fighters who have considerable body fat on them however look at cain velasquez he has body fat on him but his cardio is still amazing.
That's what I was talking about really. The guys have like no bodyfat on them. They are in shape, and they *LOOK* like they are in shape on top of it.
I do agree with you 100% though that guys like Cain have good cardio without looking like a fitness model. Even Nelson has extreme cardio for a fat guy. Just look at James Toney in the boxing world...If I were to pick any boxer that could fight 12 rounds out of shape it'd be James toney.

Like I said fighting isn't a bodybuilding competition, but Bellator guys look the part and perform the part. Most guys that are in great shape, but don't have six pack abs it's either genetics, or usually they just eat whatever it is they want. Obviously most of the guys from Bellator are dedicated to every aspect of the sport it seems (nutrition, workouts, stand up, ground, etc) and of course other orginazations have some fighters that are like this, but definitely not as common as a whole company.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #12
Ai-edy2007
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
That's what I was talking about really. The guys have like no bodyfat on them. They are in shape, and they *LOOK* like they are in shape on top of it.
I do agree with you 100% though that guys like Cain have good cardio without looking like a fitness model. Even Nelson has extreme cardio for a fat guy. Just look at James Toney in the boxing world...If I were to pick any boxer that could fight 12 rounds out of shape it'd be James toney.

Like I said fighting isn't a bodybuilding competition, but Bellator guys look the part and perform the part. Most guys that are in great shape, but don't have six pack abs it's either genetics, or usually they just eat whatever it is they want. Obviously most of the guys from Bellator are dedicated to every aspect of the sport it seems (nutrition, workouts, stand up, ground, etc) and of course other orginazations have some fighters that are like this, but definitely not as common as a whole company.
agreed man well put i do agree with most of that.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum