Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #31
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
sorry but this thread is about haters hating floyd and wanting him to lose to a fighter they think can take him. if he beats cotto and williams he will still get no credit for the victories if you beat oscar de la hoya nd ricky hatton in the same year what makes you think fighting cotto and williams in the same year will top that

it's not about ducking it's about what is the point. a hater like yourself will always find an excuse to denigrate floyd's accomplishments
If he beats Hatton, he should be up for fighter of the year. But if he doesn't retire, he should face Cotto next.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #32
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 233
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

The point of my post is that the only constant so far is Floyd...everyone wants Floyd while others just stick around for a short period of time and try to get the $ fight...

If Hatton wins then Ricky is the champ and people will say the same shit about him...Can you see Hitman and Williams in there? haha...

Either way when its over people will bitch and proclaim...If Floyd wins he ran, if Hatton wins he wrestled and hugged...
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:36 AM   #33
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
No doubt that he is the Champ . . . question is . . . what now?

He's going to retirement again and duck the other title holders?

That's right he needs to fight Cotto and Williams . . . this is what the thread is all about.
He gets a pass if he challenges Pavlik or Abraham, but other than that Cotto should be next.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM   #34
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Baldo a bigger win than Mosley , I will give credit where credit is due Baldo was the man and had to be taken care of but do you really think that version of Baldo was better than the Mosley Cotto just beat?
baldo fought forrest tougher than mosley ever did. after the baldo fight forrest was all lumped up compare that to his victories over mosley
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #35
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
baldo fought forrest tougher than mosley ever did. after the baldo fight forrest was all lumped up compare that to his victories over mosley
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #36
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
If he beats Hatton, he should be up for fighter of the year. But if he doesn't retire, he should face Cotto next.
wrong perspective cotto has to beat the cintron/williams winner to even make a floyd fight interesting. if cotto can do that and floyd is healthy enough to fight then they should fight to unify all the titles. as a fight fan I would like to see the fight but floyd should not fight both williams and cintron when they have not accomplished much.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #37
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
sorry but this thread is about haters hating floyd and wanting him to lose to a fighter they think can take him. if he beats cotto and williams he will still get no credit for the victories if you beat oscar de la hoya nd ricky hatton in the same year what makes you think fighting cotto and williams in the same year will top that

it's not about ducking it's about what is the point. a hater like yourself will always find an excuse to denigrate floyd's accomplishments
Nah nah I'm not a hater . . . it's just that you lost your rational reasoning trying to cover up for your idol. You simply can't remove PBF's dick from your mouth.

DLH is a money fight which proved nothing . . . Hatton is a 140 lber and beating Hatton is just for bragging rights . . . the true competition at 147 is Cotto and Williams rightnow . . . if he doesn't want to fight them fine. But he should retire immediately and relinquish his claim on being the No 1 147 fighter instead of ducking the other two belt holsders and fighting somebody else.

Yes he defeated Baldo for the linear championship . . . will that accomplishemnt last forever as the refference point for him to remain on top?

That's for real nuthugger.
psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #38
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
wrong perspective cotto has to beat the cintron/williams winner to even make a floyd fight interesting. if cotto can do that and floyd is healthy enough to fight then they should fight to unify all the titles. as a fight fan I would like to see the fight but floyd should not fight both williams and cintron when they have not accomplished much.
I asked you who is more deserving than Cotto?
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 AM   #39
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
DLH is a money fight which proved nothing
. . .

keep eating shit leatherface oscar was the wbc champ at 154 and proved it by koing mayorga, or did you forget that floyd beating oscar was history as it gave him 5 wbc titles the first fighter in history to do so


Quote:
Hatton is a 140 lber and beating Hatton is just for bragging rights
hatton is the current ring champ at 140 floyd is the ring hcamp aty 147. two ring champs fighting to see who is the best has not happened since duran vs leonard in 1980
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:53 AM   #40
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

The supposedly known no 1 P4P fighter and the no.1 147 fighter at the same time would refuse to fight a fellow belt holder at 147?

If PBF fights anybody at 147 other than Cotto and Williams . . . I suppose nobody can make any logical justification on that. If he climbs up in weight . . . maybe a lot better.
psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #41
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
The supposedly known no 1 P4P fighter and the no.1 147 fighter at the same time would refuse to fight a fellow belt holder at 147?

If PBF fights anybody at 147 other than Cotto and Williams . . . I suppose nobody can make any logical justification on that. If he climbs up in weight . . . maybe a lot better
the winner of cotto vs williams will be a worthy adversary to face floyd..if he is still fighting or better yet healthy enough to fight
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #42
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
the winner of cotto vs williams will be a worthy adversary to face floyd..if he is still fighting or better yet healthy enough to fight
Hey bigtime9, who is MORE DESERVING of a title shot right now than COTTO? Can you answer that question or not?
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #43
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
wrong perspective cotto has to beat the cintron/williams winner to even make a floyd fight interesting. if cotto can do that and floyd is healthy enough to fight then they should fight to unify all the titles. as a fight fan I would like to see the fight but floyd should not fight both williams and cintron when they have not accomplished much.
Wrong perspective for you. Cotto is a top 10 P4P fighter. Williams and Cintron are not. You can't lump them together.

If PBF doesn't retire, he should fight the best fighter available. Cotto is that man. Why would PBF wait for him to unify? PBF isn't getting younger. Who should PBF fight next at WW if NOT Cotto?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #44
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

THE BOTTOM LINE

Real champions give their number one contenders a title shot, it's how it's always worked. The best defend against the best to prove their skills and talent at the highest level.

Nobody right now is more deserving than Cotto. He's the number 1 contender at welterweight, assuming Floyd is the champion.

Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto should be next (if December 8th goes how I expect it to)
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #45
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
. . .

keep eating shit leatherface oscar was the wbc champ at 154 and proved it by koing mayorga, or did you forget that floyd beating oscar was history as it gave him 5 wbc titles the first fighter in history to do so




hatton is the current ring champ at 140 floyd is the ring hcamp aty 147. two ring champs fighting to see who is the best has not happened since duran vs leonard in 1980
I'm talking of 147 shithead. Yeah DLH is 154 pounder belt holder and it officially gave him his 5th title . . . but for boxing purist . . . he beat an old out of shape fighter. So what was that? HYPE fight. Did that count at 147?

Yeah he is the ring holder at 147 and hatton at 140 . . . and you're taking pride on your guy fighting a smaller guy?

You're pathetic in your desparation to protect your boii.

And again does defeating Baldo for the linear championship means he 'll stay on top of the 147 division forever wihout fighting the other challengers?
psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013