Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #46
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Hey bigtime9, who is MORE DESERVING of a title shot right now than COTTO? Can you answer that question or not?


paul williams is the most deserving he actually beat a champion (margarito) to win his belt.
but to be honest with you cotto and williams must fight each other to prove they are worthy to fight floyd.

floyd does not have anything to prove in beating cotto or williams. they have to bring their trinketds to the table
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #47
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Nobody right now is more deserving than Cotto. He's the number 1 contender at welterweight, assuming Floyd is the champion.

Floyd Mayweather vs Miguel Cotto should be next (if December 8th goes how I expect it to)
yeah sure

a guy who has won 5 titles in 5 weight classes against a guy in cotto who has nver beaten a champion don't make me laugh
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #48
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9

paul williams is the most deserving he actually beat a champion (margarito) to win his belt.
but to be honest with you cotto and williams must fight each other to prove they are worthy to fight floyd.

floyd does not have anything to prove in beating cotto or williams. they have to bring their trinketds to the table
Cotto does not have to prove anything else, his body of work has shown he has done enough as a p4p top 10.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #49
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 233
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

People seem to fail to realize that Floyd is one of the few fighters left in the sport that can sit back and pick and choose as far as who he wants to fight...When the contract was signed I'm not sure Cotto was the most deserving.

You say that Floyd vs. DLH was a meaningless money fight? Please. Another Belt, another class, PBF went in at 147 it is widely known that they lied to HBO with the day-of weight on fight night....A welterweight beat a LM and a champ named Oscar De La Hoya at that.

I guess then by your theory I can say Mosley was a money fight for Cotto because he had been in with a garbage Vargas and now Cotto pounced....right? Mosley didn't have a belt was he most deserving for Cotto because he beat Vargas...NO it was because of his legacy

Face the facts it doesnt matter from 140-154 Floyd is the best fighter and he can hop around (quite easily in fact with staying at 147 year round) and pick whoever the hell he pleases, because EVERYONE WANTS FLOYD.
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #50
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9

paul williams is the most deserving he actually beat a champion (margarito) to win his belt.
but to be honest with you cotto and williams must fight each other to prove they are worthy to fight floyd.

floyd does not have anything to prove in beating cotto or williams. they have to bring their trinketds to the table
Desperation to spin things around makes you sound real STUPID.

Williams deserve it more because he defeated a real champ in Margarito?

What happened to your arguement that Margarito is a paper champ and has accomplished nothing so he doesn't desrved PBF?

psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #51
HopkinsFan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Since when does Floyd only fight washed up fighters? Last time i checked Hatton's basically in his prime and DLH had enough left in the tank to take out a Mayorga easily that beat Vargas.
I agree though that he needs to beat either Wiliams or Cotto, preferably Williams who could give him serious problems..
HopkinsFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #52
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: the Wizard
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
Desperation to spin things around makes you sound real STUPID.

Williams deserve it more because he defeated a real champ in Margarito?

What happened to your arguement that Margarito is a paper champ and has accomplished nothing so he doesn't desrved PBF?

this is priceless, the quote of the day just because it came from bigtime9.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #53
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9

paul williams is the most deserving he actually beat a champion (margarito) to win his belt.
but to be honest with you cotto and williams must fight each other to prove they are worthy to fight floyd.

floyd does not have anything to prove in beating cotto or williams. they have to bring their trinketds to the table
So you don't want PBF to fight anyone. Ok.

As I recall, you used to say that Margarito wasn't really a champion (during the Margarito vs Mayweather arguments). Now it's more of an accomplishment to beat him than Mosley?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 AM   #54
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF P4P #1
People seem to fail to realize that Floyd is one of the few fighters left in the sport that can sit back and pick and choose as far as who he wants to fight...When the contract was signed I'm not sure Cotto was the most deserving.

You say that Floyd vs. DLH was a meaningless money fight? Please. Another Belt, another class, PBF went in at 147 it is widely known that they lied to HBO with the day-of weight on fight night....A welterweight beat a LM and a champ named Oscar De La Hoya at that.

I guess then by your theory I can say Mosley was a money fight for Cotto because he had been in with a garbage Vargas and now Cotto pounced....right? Mosley didn't have a belt was he most deserving for Cotto because he beat Vargas...NO it was because of his legacy

Face the facts it doesnt matter from 140-154 Floyd is the best fighter and he can hop around (quite easily in fact with staying at 147 year round) and pick whoever the hell he pleases, because EVERYONE WANTS FLOYD.
I have no problem PBF being the number one fighter. My case is . . . he needs to prove it and fight who he needs to fight to justify his stay on top.

Justifying why he shouldn't fight the number 1 challenger is . . .plain bullshit no matter how you look at it.

I'm no hater buddy
psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 AM   #55
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 233
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
THE BOTTOM LINE

Real champions give their number one contenders a title shot, it's how it's always worked. The best defend against the best to prove their skills and talent at the highest level.
Since when the **** is Hatton not a contender? When Floyd was fighting Judah and Baldomir, Hatton was Jesus Reborn.

So if the two best fighters at 140-147 should fight #1 contenders, why aren't people bitching about Hatton giving the 140 #1 a shot? I guess then Leonard and Duran should of stayed put and fought mandatory fights and #1's and not mixed it up right?
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #56
carras
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
baldo fought forrest tougher than mosley ever did. after the baldo fight forrest was all lumped up compare that to his victories over mosley
one of the most moronic posts ever on esb.

and that's saying a lot.
carras is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #57
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 233
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
I have no problem PBF being the number one fighter. My case is . . . he needs to prove it and fight who he needs to fight to justify his stay on top.

Justifying why he shouldn't fight the number 1 challenger is . . .plain bullshit no matter how you look at it.

I'm no hater buddy
4 straight fights against current/former RING Champs, I'd say that is justification.

After seeing a Mosley 6 years Floyd's senior do what he did, I don't know why anyone wouldn't think PBF can't improve on that same gameplan and win.
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 AM   #58
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bed-Stuy Brooklyn,NY
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

he should just fight cotto then retire......williams,cintron and margarito dont derserve shit..they have done nothing
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #59
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

he doesn't need to fight Williams. Honestly in the entire scope of Mayweathers career, he doesn't need that spider. Mayweather only needs Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto. If he beats these two guys he can retire in peace. I'll be rooting against Mayweather when he fights hatton and if he fights Cotto I'll be rooting agains thim again, But if Mayweather knocks off Hatton and Cotto then his career and ultimate status is a absolute done deal. And if he did convincingly beat Cotto and Hatton even though I was against him, It would still be sweet because we'd be seeing history in the making.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #60
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: If Floyd doesn't fight Cotto and Williams..

Where are you bigass9?

What happened to your arrogant ass?

Let me repeat . . . you were saying that Margarito is a paper champ and hasn't accomplished anything, therefore he doesn't deserve a shot at PBF.

Now you're saying that Williams deserve it more because he defeated a real champ in Margarito . . . which is which boiii . . . which ever . . . you still have to eat your own shit.


psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013