Old 05-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #46
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350
Default Re: It's about time Adam Booth ****ed off from British boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davro View Post
seems to the a big fight tactic - lets get on our bikes and a few extra jabs for the compu-stats.

Degale smashed his face open like a ****ing melon last night

WHAT A JOKE
Yeah partly because of Degale employing dirty tactics. He opened the cut in the latter half by a headbutt son.
Flexe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #47
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
seems to the a big fight tactic - lets get on our bikes and a few extra jabs for the compu-stats.

WHAT A JOKE
With his elbows and head, sure.

This thread is a joke
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #48
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:

WHAT A JOKE

You've got to be on the wind-up
ishy is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #49
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

stfu
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #50
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
I thought you couldn't surpass your Messi thread, you had a damn good go with your Stoke city play wonderful football [better then man city, fulham, etc] thread and you having another damn good go.

playing better football than fulham isn't hard, Stoke have Etherington and Pennant skinning defenders, putting in perfect crosses, slamming in long range screamers, and Fulham have got Jonathan Greening.

also did you see Gera's disgraceful attempt to break that player's leg yesterday. shocking. i'm sure if it was a Stoke player going in like that you would have had heart palpitations and shit your pants for days on end. now piss off
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #51
harvinmagler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1450

In the words of Mr Froch, Its called boxing, not fighting.
harvinmagler is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #52
Davro
ESB Full Member

In the words of the great Des Lynam, if you want to win the titles you better turn up and win them, not fight off the back foot like a little bitch the whole fight, and land nothing but defensive jabs.

the comparison with Sweet Pea and mayweather are laughable. those two comprehensively outlanded and counter punched their opponents into the ground with a range of punches. they deserved their points victories and comprehensively outboxed their opponents. The only similarity with Groves is that they fight on the backfoot. Groves was scared, on the backfoot, and landed nothing but jabs. It was pathetic!

To reward that performance, in the face of DeGale who was looking to land, who landed all the hooks and harder shots, and only landed marginally less than Groves' feather fisted jabbing... it's disgusting. Groves took two of DeGale's title with that shite, and all the morons on this forum are calling it the 'perfect performance'

WTF

the sport is going down the drain.

Last edited by Davro; 05-23-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #53
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
he constantly sends his fighters out to be defensive and shit

Haye's performance v Valuev and now Groves v DeGale are the two worst big fight 'winning' performances I've ever seen.

Haye and Groves are two massive KO punchers. You wouldn't know that though the way Booth sends them out on their bike.

Imagine if this boring negative cunt had been around when Benn and Eubanks had been in their pomp. We'd have had a chess match instead of a boxing classic.

so until Booth ****s off, I advise you avoid all his fighters PPVs like an STD (unless you're looking for a cure for insomnia).

At least we know what Haye's tactics v Klitschko are going to be now...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That is all.
Id hardly say twice is constantly!
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #54
evil G
ğ
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 585

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
evil G is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #55
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
In the words of the great Des Lynam, if you want to win the titles you better turn up and win them, not fight off the back foot like a little bitch the whole fight, and land nothing but defensive jabs.

the comparison with Sweet Pea and mayweather are laughable. those two comprehensively outlanded and counter punched their opponents into the ground with a range of punches. they deserved their points victories and comprehensively outboxed their opponents. The only similarity with Groves is that they fight on the backfoot. Groves was scared, on the backfoot, and landed nothing but jabs. It was pathetic!

To reward that performance, in the face of DeGale who was looking to land, who landed all the hooks and harder shots, and only landed marginally less than Groves' feather fisted jabbing... it's disgusting. Groves took two of DeGale's title with that shite, and all the morons on this forum are calling it the 'perfect performance'

WTF

the sport is going down the drain.
Groves isn't as good as Whitaker/Mayweather, does that mean he HAS to fight a high contact fight cause you dont want to watch him try to fight a non contact fight and not does it as emphatically as what Whitaker/Mayweather used to do it?

I dont think Whitaker was boring, but have you seen Whitaker's fight with DLH, Chavez? hardly exciting, or high contact fights, Whitaker fought from long range in both fights and was in reverse most of the night, that said, he doesn't get crucified for it they way your advocating.

De Gale probably lost because in those debatable early rounds, HE allowed Groves to dictate the tempo, Groves had De Gale dancing to his tune, he had De Gale fighting his fight, and in close rounds like that, where not much is landing, judges tend to be swayed but who's looking like he's in control.

I bet you love prizefighter?
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #56
Davro
ESB Full Member

where did I say Whittaker was boring, or mayweather? That's two fighters who responded and punished fighters on the backfoot, were excellent counterpunchers, Groves did not punish Degale in any way shape or form. he didn't put him under pressure whatsoever, or punish him for coming forward. he just managed to land a few more piss weak jabs in the middle rounds and people are labelling as some kind of hero.

I am still in a state of disbelief that such a weak performance was deemed good enough to take two titles off a fighter and give it to that.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #57
Davro
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pne buz View Post
Id hardly say twice is constantly!

It's the only two big fights his fighters have been involved in v opponents as good as them! It's the equivalent of Barca's big game cheating and diving tactics v teams that are in danger of beating them.

Haye's performance v Macarinelli was great, but lets be honest time has judged Enzo to be a bum who was never anywhere Haye's level.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #58
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

By the way Whitaker really wasn't a backfoot fighter all the time. Its insulting he's in the same sentence as Mayweather nevermind what Groves did. Whitaker dominated fights with his jab, something you never see Mayweather do. Whitaker had a high work-rate. He didn't just dominate fights with reflexes and controlling range then potshotting. He was a chameleon in there.

By the way its hilarious we've got this thread and 'Adam Booth is p4p the best trainer in Britain' right next to each other. Nothing like splitting opinion.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #59
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
where did I say Whittaker was boring, or mayweather? That's two fighters who responded and punished fighters on the backfoot, were excellent counterpunchers, Groves did not punish Degale in any way shape or form. he didn't put him under pressure whatsoever, or punish him for coming forward. he just managed to land a few more piss weak jabs in the middle rounds and people are labelling as some kind of hero.

I am still in a state of disbelief that such a weak performance was deemed good enough to take two titles off a fighter and give it to that.
I'm not saying you said that, I'm saying those fights weren't particularly exciting, and even Whitaker's biggest fans might concede that.

As I said, Groves is not as good as those guys, doesn't mean he shouldn't TRY to fight a certain strategy just cause you dont think he's adept enough at it. De Gale had problems cause Groves took his inside game out of the equation by moving away from him, he exploited his counter punching by feinting him out, then used his speed to get off first on him. What are you advocating, that he's more aggressive, thus giving De Gale a better chance of beating him, whilst marginalizing his own chances, where is the sense in that?

Your talking like he took the title from an established WC, De Gale had a British title, not a world title.

Why do you think Groves won? cause he frustrated De Gale, he took him out his comfort zone, frustrating an opponent is not always going to be aesthetically pleasing to watch, as your essentially trying to disengage them offensively, that's what Boxing is all about, hitting and not getting hit, negating the other guys strengths.

Did you score Froch-Dirrell for Froch?
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #60
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

Boxing is chess, not checkers you fool!!!
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum