naldo marshal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: Huck ~vs~ lebedev 2!

Will be close again. Lebedev didnīt look good against Jones, either he lost a step or he just didnīt want to hurt Roy. Going by the Jones performance Iīd probably go with Huck.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Lebedev, again.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Lebedev, like he should have last time
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
KillerDeluxe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Will be close again. Lebedev didnīt look good against Jones, either he lost a step or he just didnīt want to hurt Roy. Going by the Jones performance Iīd probably go with Huck.
I think Lebedev just had way to much respect for Jones. Everyone knows that Jones shouldn't be fighting, even the fighters. Lebedev took the fight but i'm sure he really didn't want to hurt him. Lebedev has beaten better fighters than Jones, and looked more impressive doing so.
KillerDeluxe is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Lebedev

Lebedev is what i call a pressure counter fighter. He pressures you by taking away your space, makes you throw to keep him off and counters you. Adamek at CW fought alot like this. In general and especially with a fighter with Lebedev's style any opponent who doesn't engage and simply wants to survive is going to make for a unimpressive fight.

Lebedev clearly won the first fight but the reason it wasn't as definitive as it should have been is because Huck fought scared and simply wanted to survive, any objective person familiar with Huck can see this. In spite of all his "it's going to be a war" talk he fought like a bitch.

Marco uses his high guard and will explode with 3-5 punch combinations while barreling forward and is always willing to mix it up. In the Lebedev fight i honestly don't think he threw a single combination. He would throw single right hand leads occasionally and in his best rds landed maybe 3 clean rights. How people scored rounds for Huck for landing 3 or 4 clean head punches when Lebedev would land a dozen or more solid body shots with just as many head shots utterly baffles me. Anyone who scared that closer than 116-112 Lebedev doesn't know how to scare a fight and is a ****ing idiot as far as i'm concerned.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Where is it? Very important.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Where is it? Very important.
If Lebedev was robbed twice in a row against Huck in Germany, there would be uproar, I doubt they could get away with doing it twice to him.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
If Lebedev was robbed twice in a row against Huck in Germany, there would be uproar, I doubt they could get away with doing it twice to him.
You're right; they might suddenly become self conscious about their image.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #10
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDeluxe View Post
I think Lebedev just had way to much respect for Jones. Everyone knows that Jones shouldn't be fighting, even the fighters. Lebedev took the fight but i'm sure he really didn't want to hurt him. Lebedev has beaten better fighters than Jones, and looked more impressive doing so.
Very likely. To me it looked that he knocked Jones out the moment Jones rattled him a bit. Before he took it easy, or so it seemed. Perhaps he didnīt and just couldnīt do better. Got some doubt there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Lebedev

Lebedev is what i call a pressure counter fighter. He pressures you by taking away your space, makes you throw to keep him off and counters you. Adamek at CW fought alot like this. In general and especially with a fighter with Lebedev's style any opponent who doesn't engage and simply wants to survive is going to make for a unimpressive fight.

Lebedev clearly won the first fight but the reason it wasn't as definitive as it should have been is because Huck fought scared and simply wanted to survive, any objective person familiar with Huck can see this. In spite of all his "it's going to be a war" talk he fought like a bitch.

Marco uses his high guard and will explode with 3-5 punch combinations while barreling forward and is always willing to mix it up. In the Lebedev fight i honestly don't think he threw a single combination. He would throw single right hand leads occasionally and in his best rds landed maybe 3 clean rights. How people scored rounds for Huck for landing 3 or 4 clean head punches when Lebedev would land a dozen or more solid body shots with just as many head shots utterly baffles me. Anyone who scared that closer than 116-112 Lebedev doesn't know how to scare a fight and is a ****ing idiot as far as i'm concerned.
Wegener wants to fight Huck like Henry Maske since like forever, wants him to turn a boxer, use his jab and move despite this clearly isnīt his nature. He kinda did that against Lebedev.

Anyone, who calls people with a different opinion an idiot is one himself btw.

Quote:
That was no robbery. A decision that went to the wrong guy, yes. But not a robbery. I had Lebedev winning but it was close and since Huck was the hometown fighter and the champion I can see him getting that fight.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Very likely. To me it looked that he knocked Jones out the moment Jones rattled him a bit. Before he took it easy, or so it seemed. Perhaps he didnīt and just couldnīt do better. Got some doubt there.

Wegener wants to fight Huck like Henry Maske since like forever, wants him to turn a boxer, use his jab and move despite this clearly isnīt his nature. He kinda did that against Lebedev.

Anyone, who calls people with a different opinion an idiot is one himself btw.

That was no robbery. A decision that went to the wrong guy, yes. But not a robbery. I had Lebedev winning but it was close and since Huck was the hometown fighter and the champion I can see him getting that fight.
I thought it was a robbery tbh, and im sure im not alone in this. I scored it 117-111 to Lebedev. Maybe it could have been a bit closer, but I didnt score it as a close to even fight.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
You're right; they might suddenly become self conscious about their image.
Sarcasm eh? gSeriously I fail to see how they could perform two robbery's in a row after a rematch. They cant be that bad surely? Never heard of a guy getting robbed twice in Germany against the same fighter that i can recall right now.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #13
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

Quote:
I thought it was a robbery tbh, and im sure im not alone in this. I scored it 117-111 to Lebedev. Maybe it could have been a bit closer, but I didnt score it as a close to even fight.
Yeah but most guys have no clue about scoring a fight. Throwing more punches does not mean you win the round.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah but most guys have no clue about scoring a fight. Throwing more punches does not mean you win the round.
But I have a clue about scoring a fight Huck landed the occasional hard right hand but for the majority of the fight he was outworked and outhustled. Lebedev landed some very good punches on him, while getting little in reply. And the funny thing was that Huck didnt even force the action late in the fight, particularly in the 12. It was like he thought he had it won and just moved away. I was actually rooting for Huck to win. I dont often use the word robbery, but this was a sickener of a fight.

Last edited by sportofkings; 05-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Neither does throwing (and landing) fewer (and weaker) blows.

Lebedev didn't necessarily shine in the (majority) rounds that went his way, but he had a better argument than Huck who was even worse in those rounds.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum