Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #46
Real_Truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sergio Martinez: Pac is a cherry picker!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unloco View Post
all three of his last opponents were bigger stupidass, i wonder if you ****ing pactards even watch boxing at all
All of his last opponents could make 150lbs...do you watch boxing you ****ing moron?
Real_Truth is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #47
ceebz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
What's the difference in Pac fighting JMM? Pac's been at 145, JMM at 135, so whats the difference if Martinez wants Pac? He's really a Jr MW and can make 154, 154-145, nine pound difference, 145-135 10 pound difference, so what's the problem, if Pac can do it, then why not Martinez?
Because on fight night, Pac will weigh ~3 pounds more than JMM? Whereas, Sergio would outweigh Pac by 20+?

How about the fact that Marquez is actually taller and just as long as Pac? Whereas Sergio holds a 4" height advantage and a 9" reach advantage?

The Martinez fight is a mismatch, and all those clamoring for it, are well-aware of it.
ceebz is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #48
ceebz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Actually Floyd and Martinez could fight as Floyd may come around 155-160 during fight night yet Flomos don't want to see their idol sparked the **** out lol. If Martinez can make 154 I have no problem with him facing Pacquiao assuming Manny can get around 150-154 but even as a Manny fan I feel he'd be too much for Manny. Probably stop him too.
Martinez - Pacquiao is a physical mismatch. Way too much difference in size.
ceebz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #49
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Truth View Post
All of his last opponents could make 150lbs...do you watch boxing you ****ing moron?
oh really could they?

when did pavlic last make 150 ?
how bout sergai ?
how bout williams ?

stupid ****ing pactard
unloco is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #50
OPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
then why did a lightweight fight for the jr middleweight belt ?

stupid ****ing pactard
Because the WBC gave it to him.

Then again, it was within the JR MW range.

And Pac was a champion in 147. This is allowed to happen in most cases where the champion from a lower weight is given first shot at a vacant title by governing bodies even without going through any contenders.

And Pacquiao fought a huge man who outweighed him 15-20 lbs on fight night for it.
OPBF is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #51
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Pac = Taking on bigger guys
Martinez = Calling out small guys

I don't know how you wipe out a division and cherry pick it at the same time. haha!
Pacman= Taking on bigger guys that are shot
Martinez = 154lber taking out fighters never before been ko'd and schooling Pavlik who was the favorite. Calling out the 154 "champs" thats what Sergio is doing nothing wrong with that unless your gonna contradict yourself and say Pacman was never a legit 154 champ to begin with.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #52
OPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
oh really could they?

how bout sergai ?
how bout williams ?

stupid ****ing pactard
Taller =/= Bigger

That said, even after the second fight, Sergio said Williams was TOO SMALL for 160.

The only one bigger than Martinez is Pavlik.

Dzin is 154, not 160.

Pacquiao IS literally fighting heavier, bigger AND taller guys ever since the Marquez rematch.

The only one that counts in that for Sergio is Pavlik. And now he's calling out a guy who isn't bigger, heavier, or taller than he is. At all.
OPBF is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #53
Real_Truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
oh really could they?

how bout sergai ?
how bout williams ?

stupid ****ing pactard
Oh you were talking about Sergio? How exactly is Dzinziruk bigger than him? In height? You know that was Dzinziruk was fighting at light middle before that fight right jackass?
Real_Truth is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #54
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnMMAfan View Post
Another Pac hater spewing nonsense. Pac and JMM are basically the same size.
Quote:
The only difference is that Pac can fight at Welter cause he's a great fighter and can carry his speed and power while JMM can't

I favored Floyd to beat Manny but to say Pac don't stand a chance is really idiotic. I wish Floyd has all you FLOMOS mentality then this fight would've been made already
So why would Pacquiao fight JMM@ 144 instead of 140 knowing that JMM cant carry his speed and power at 144???? Thats why people call pac a cherry picker and why Sergio said what he said about Pac.

I am not a Pac hater just a Pactard hater!!!!
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #55
unloco
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Truth View Post
Oh you were talking about Sergio? How exactly is Dzinziruk bigger than him? In height? You know that was Dzinziruk was fighting at light middle before that fight right jackass?
YES 154 NOT 150!!

AND YOU FORGOT THE OTHER TWO
unloco is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #56
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
So why would Pacquiao fight JMM@ 144 instead of 140 knowing that JMM cant carry his speed and power at 144???? Thats why people call pac a cherry picker and why Sergio said what he said about Pac.

I am not a Pac hater just a Pactard hater!!!!
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #57
ske911

pac is welterweight a small welter... martinez is middle.... 2 weight class difference... so i got a better one... martinez hopkins?!?!?! they got 2 weight class difference too.
ske911 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #58
hussleman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pacman fighting JMM at 144 makes no sense just like he made Am fight at 150 made no sense. Pacman wants things to his advantage and then him and his fans claim he did something special.
hussleman is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #59
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
In a recent interview middleweight king Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (47-2-2, 26KOs) gave his opinion on fighting two of the pound for pound best in the world, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. If a fight were to take place, at 154, Martinez believes Mayweather would carry the weight better and have the ability to last the distance, while Pacquiao would get knocked out cold.

"I want to show that I am the pound-for-pound best in the world and in order to do that, I have to fight Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather would be a better fight I think because he is physically bigger than Pacquiao and can carry the 154 pounds better than Pacquiao. With Mayweather, I think this would be the most difficult fight of my career and I see it going the distance and being judged on points, but together we would put on a good show," Martinez told John Martinez.

Martinez was not impressed with Pacquiao's recent decision win over Shane Mosley. He doesn't expect the Filipino icon to last the distance if the two of them step in the ring at some point in the future, which probably will never happen because Pacquiao is not going to fight at any weight higher than 150-pounds, and Martinez is not capable of getting down that low.

"He (Pacquiao) didn't show much to me in his last fight with Shane Mosley, which I thought was boring." He added, "Manny Pacquiao is working his business by picking boxers he knows he can beat and are pretty close to retirement. He is picking guys that are easy to beat so when you do this, it isn't hard to be pound-for-pound and if we fought I would beat him by knock out," Martinez said.
It's no secret pacquiao has been cherry picking for years now, and his next opponent quite frankly furthers that arguement.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #60
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Martinez is right about Pacs cherry picking. No doubt. But he's wrong about going the distance with Money. Sergio is a bad man but against Floyd he's a 9th round TKO waiting to happen!
Big George is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum