Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #61
theflyest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sergio Martinez: Pac is a cherry picker!!!!

I understand he wants a big money fight, but calling out fighters 2 divisions below you is pathetic. If he wants them, he needs to chase them & starve himself down to 147. Pac & Mayweather are the bosses. You chase them, they dont chase you
theflyest is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #62
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

all right enough with the Pacquaio bullshit Martinez, now your just acting like mayweather picking on smaller fighters, you can't reach 150 so stfu let me hear you taking on guys at 160 if you can't find decent competition go to 168 if you are so confident, this shit is starting to get annoying.
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #63
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
In a recent interview middleweight king Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (47-2-2, 26KOs) gave his opinion on fighting two of the pound for pound best in the world, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. If a fight were to take place, at 154, Martinez believes Mayweather would carry the weight better and have the ability to last the distance, while Pacquiao would get knocked out cold.

"I want to show that I am the pound-for-pound best in the world and in order to do that, I have to fight Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather would be a better fight I think because he is physically bigger than Pacquiao and can carry the 154 pounds better than Pacquiao. With Mayweather, I think this would be the most difficult fight of my career and I see it going the distance and being judged on points, but together we would put on a good show," Martinez told John Martinez.

Martinez was not impressed with Pacquiao's recent decision win over Shane Mosley. He doesn't expect the Filipino icon to last the distance if the two of them step in the ring at some point in the future, which probably will never happen because Pacquiao is not going to fight at any weight higher than 150-pounds, and Martinez is not capable of getting down that low.

"He (Pacquiao) didn't show much to me in his last fight with Shane Mosley, which I thought was boring." He added, "Manny Pacquiao is working his business by picking boxers he knows he can beat and are pretty close to retirement. He is picking guys that are easy to beat so when you do this, it isn't hard to be pound-for-pound and if we fought I would beat him by knock out," Martinez said.
Gotta love Sergio's confidence! I think he KNOWS he's not getting a shot at PAC so he's greasing Floyd up and stroking his ego in hopes Floyd does step up. I think he feels he can beat BOTH PAC and Floyd but doesn't want to crush Floyd confidence anymore as it's well known he's had a lack of the stuff since the whole PAC vs Floyd fight became a topic. I for one hope Sergio gets Floyd or PAC in the ring. I think the man deserves a shot, even though he holds signifigant physical advantages over both men...especially PAC.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #64
Big George
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Gotta love Sergio's confidence! I think he KNOWS he's not getting a shot at PAC so he's greasing Floyd up and stroking his ego in hopes Floyd does step up. I think he feels he can beat BOTH PAC and Floyd but doesn't want to crush Floyd confidence anymore as it's well known he's had a lack of the stuff since the whole PAC vs Floyd fight became a topic. I for one hope Sergio gets Floyd or PAC in the ring. I think the man deserves a shot, even though he holds signifigant physical advantages over both men...especially PAC.
Horseshit! Sergio cannot beat Floyd and the fragile ego shit is your imagination! Serge KO's Pacs!
Big George is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #65
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think pac is cherrypicking shit man, he is fighting top ranked welterweights, how the **** is that cherrypicking, now that he is cleaned out the division, he is going back down a bit in weight for marquez, a fight that half of esb was clamoring for 6 months ago, and for you dumbasses who mention Bradley, why fight him there is no money in it. After Marquez fight I can see him going after Ortiz who actually has a fan base. Also Bradley has to clean out 140(beat Khan and I would like him to fight Maidana) before he deserves a fight with the pacman, he has done good but he hasn't done enough.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #66
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Martinez knocks Pacquiao out. Pacquiao is smart not to take on Martinez.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #67
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Horseshit! Sergio cannot beat Floyd and the fragile ego shit is your imagination! Serge KO's Pacs!
dude there is no ****ing way your bf gets in the ring with Sergio if he won't fight Pacquaio, remember sergio is a southpaw as well with a boxer's style, if Mosley can rock floyd, what do you think sergio will do to him, probably a 4th to 6th round KO if it doesn't come sooner.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #68
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Martinez knocks Pacquiao out. Pacquiao is smart not to take on Martinez.
Martinez knocks mayweather out, its smart for floyd to retire
Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #69
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Jeez sweetheart......why are you so upset? I said SERGIO thinks he can beat Floyd and PAC. He's got confidence and he's got momentum..he's also got the fact he's simply the bigger man. So there's no reason for me or you to question his confidence in beating the TWO top P4P fighters in the world. After all he's vocally saying he wants to fight them both.

And yea....Sergio can beat Floyd and PAC. If he actually does, should the fights come to fruition is anther story. But the possiblity is definitely there. In my opinion Serg KOing PAC is more likely based on styles but I think it's more likely PAC beats both Sergio and Floyd....either by UD or KO. But PAC's been on quite the streak and that means a lot in the world of boxing. I hope you feel better butter cup.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #70
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Take the test! Take the test!
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #71
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggersan View Post
Martinez knocks mayweather out, its smart for floyd to retire
Nobodies ever knocked Floyd out before. Pacquiao's been knocked out before. If it can happen once it can happen again.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #72
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
"Are you willing to take the test"
Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #73
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Margarito's a career welterweight... Pac fought him at 150. Margarito came in at 165 on fight night... How EXACTLY did Pac get an advantage?

Seriously... Just. Die.

Absolute OWNAGE.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #74
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post

Take da test Pacquiao! For da fans!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #75
Justaman

vCash:

Cool another pactards vs flomos thread...with the same posters and the same shit again...

(I would like to see Martinez vs Mayweather)

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum