boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
christos

vCash: 500
Default Basic boxing combos ?

September i will go to 1 other gym and i want to train with a friend in my house.We do some conditioning and core trainining.I want somebody give me a few BASICS BOXING COMBOS to practice on the bag .MY friend has only 2 monthes experience .I am in good shape but my punches dont really "flow".My trainer say to stick to the basics ,so i need help !
christos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430
Default Re: Basic boxing combos ?

1-2-3
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jab, jab. Jab, straight right behind the jab. Jab, straight right followed immediately by the left hook-------all these punches to the head. Jab to the head, straight right to the head followed by a left hook to the body like a rib shot.

Get close to the heavy bag. Close enough to almost bury your face in it like in-fighting. Keep your guard close to your face and your elbows in tight to your sides. Practice the left hook to the body and as fast as you can bring the same left hook up high to the head for a double left hook combo. Then try a short jab and back away quickly to shoot another jab followed by a straight right like you are making punching room from in-fighting.

One of my favorites against a fighter bull rushing in is to feint a jab and duck down at the waist and shoot a hard straight right to the solar plexus. You catch someone clean with that shot, there's a good chance you'll knock the wind out of them or at least get their attention.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
christos

THNKS!Somebody tell me to practice every dai new combos but this dont work for me now.I think that its better write down a list with some combos and practise until do thme ..natural.What are some basic combos and how many?Also how many times a week i can train on the bag.I have a heavy and i light bag.

Last edited by christos; 06-15-2011 at 12:08 PM.
christos is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
christos

Jab, jab, cross

Jab, cross, left hook

Jab, jab, cross, left hook

Cross, left hook

Cross, left hook, cross

Jab, right uppercut, left hook

Jab, left uppercut, left hook

Jab, cross, jab, cross

Jab, cross, jab, cross, left hookWhat you thing about this list?And how i can practice them?
christos is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos View Post
Jab, jab, cross

Jab, cross, left hook

Jab, jab, cross, left hook

Cross, left hook

Cross, left hook, cross

Jab, right uppercut, left hook

Jab, cross, jab, cross

Jab, cross, jab, cross, left hookWhat you thing about this list?And how i can practice them?

Get yourself a heavy bag, some hand wraps and some decent bag gloves. If you can mount the heavy bag where you can move completely around it, I feel that is better and a more realistic form of training. I've never liked heavy bags mounted close to walls where you are limited in space.

You can practice all of those punches simply by shadow boxing, though I prefer to hit something, especially when throwing hooks. Hitting a bag gives it a more realistic feel and helps condition your hands and wrists to accept the impacts of throwing punches.

If you get a heavy bag and start punching it, try to keep your wrists locked with the top of your hand in line with your forearm. If you **** your wrist and hit the bag wrong, it could lead to a pretty nasty sprain.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
christos

Yes i have a punching bag 30 kilos.How offen you thing i should hit it in the week? And if you can tell me 1 way to automated these combos that i write? (THANK YOU VERY VERY MUTCH)
christos is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos View Post
Yes i have a punching bag 30 kilos.How offen you thing i should hit it in the week? And if you can tell me 1 way to automated these combos that i write? (THANK YOU VERY VERY MUTCH)

If you are just doing basic punches, I don't see any reason why you can't hit it as much as you want. Chances are you can do this every day for a few rounds and not suffer any ill effects if you are keeping your wrists locked like I mentioned in a previous post. Not to worry, your body will let you know when you've done too much. If your technique gets sloppy, quit and do it another day.

Check out some videos on U-tube about proper punching technique, You will likely see lots of **** videos but you will also find some that are very helpful. You'll see the difference.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #9
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Unless you have the speed and reflexes of Roy Jones Jr. there's really no need to practice this. Especially since you said basic combos.
BladeJrs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing