Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #136
Big Dunk
Rob Palmer
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,820
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Beetson i would like you to exlain why you DO think Spencer Fearon is a racist?
Big Dunk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #137
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Why would I ? Why do you? In your own words, you saw no evidence of it

So you are basing it on prejudice, plain and simple.
Probably from being in the pub beforehand in East End and hearing people referring to DeGale as a 'black cunt'.

If you read my previous post the main reason DeGale attracted the attention he did is because of the way he acted but I believe that there was a element of that, however small, was down the race.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 AM   #138
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
Probably from being in the pub beforehand in East End and hearing people referring to DeGale as a 'black cunt'.

If you read my previous post the main reason DeGale attracted the attention he did is because of the way he acted but I believe that there was a element of that, however small, was down the race.
You said you saw no evidence of racism and didn't know where he was coming from with his comments, now you heard blatant racist remarks, I think you are bullshitting to be honest.
trotter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #139
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 900
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Whatever you think of Spencer, his next show looks superb:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #140
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunk View Post
Beetson i would like you to exlain why you DO think Spencer Fearon is a racist?
I don't think there's any evidence that he's racist, just insensitive and a bit thoughtless.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #141
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,575
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil G View Post
I see, it's only whoever is the most racist that matters.
No, none of it matters.

Sports pundits and promoters -and performers - aren't supposed to be on the cutting edge of progressive enlightened thinking.

If they sometimes say stupid or wrong stuff like "the man in the pub" .... maybe it's because they are the man in the pub ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #142
ellaineo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

It would be naive to believe that no one at the O2 booed Degale because of his skin colour, there are always going to be racist elements within any sport.

That said I didn't hear any racist comments on the night unlike several football matches I have been to recently. I think the vast majority of people were like me booing Degale because they think he is a twat
ellaineo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #143
DmazFW
ESB horizontal line...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Can you tell me if Delmar Berry lives here?
Posts: 22
vCash: 540
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

'He is my mate so can not be racist' crowd on here it seems.
DmazFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #144
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 1034
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmazFW View Post
'He is my mate so can not be racist' crowd on here it seems.
or in other words - the crowd with insight and perspective.
Longcount is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #145
DmazFW
ESB horizontal line...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Can you tell me if Delmar Berry lives here?
Posts: 22
vCash: 540
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcount View Post
or in other words - the crowd with insight and perspective.

If you want but those who would be quick to tell a lie in defence as well.

I do not feel that he is racist or has said anything that bad and the fact he has apologised clears the argument for me plus I can see a limited bit of truth behind his question but still feel for him to even mention such a topic could hide certain facts and prejudice motives inside the man.
DmazFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #146
Big Dunk
Rob Palmer
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,820
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmazFW View Post
If you want but those who would be quick to tell a lie in defence as well.

I do not feel that he is racist or has said anything that bad and the fact he has apologised clears the argument for me plus I can see a limited bit of truth behind his question but still feel for him to even mention such a topic could hide certain facts and prejudice motives inside the man.
if spencer was a racist why would myself (white) and longcount (white) call ourselves his mate?
Big Dunk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #147
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

this thread has run its course ... no ?
alba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #148
DmazFW
ESB horizontal line...
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Can you tell me if Delmar Berry lives here?
Posts: 22
vCash: 540
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunk View Post
if spencer was a racist why would myself (white) and longcount (white) call ourselves his mate?

I do not know the manner of the friendship between you folk to comment. Friendshipsand relashionships are broad and differ from person to person on a very varied basis.

I have not said that he is racist and have said that I do not believe him to be racist but what prejudices he does have I do not know, it just is odd to make such a suggestion that he made without certain points being made about him himself.
DmazFW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #149
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Republic of Mancunia via El Paso Sligo
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
You said you saw no evidence of racism and didn't know where he was coming from with his comments, now you heard blatant racist remarks, I think you are bullshitting to be honest.
I think you cant read you tit.

In the arena I heard no racism. In the arena I was sitting beside Spencer.

Before I went to the arena I was not with Spencer and in a pub with a crowd from East London. Before I went to the arena I heard people referring to DeGale as a 'Black Cunt'.

That shouldnt be too hard to understand.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #150
Big Dunk
Rob Palmer
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,820
vCash: 75
Default Re: Spencer Fearon post on Facebook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
I think you cant read you tit.

In the arena I heard no racism. In the arena I was sitting beside Spencer.

Before I went to the arena I was not with Spencer and in a pub with a crowd from East London. Before I went to the arena I heard people referring to DeGale as a 'Black Cunt'.

That shouldnt be too hard to understand.
but accoding to the smart arses here stuff like that doesnt' happen?? you must be wrong slao
Big Dunk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013