Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Why has Hatton stayed away from Slick boxers most of his career?
It's just coincidence 8 28.57%
He know's he'll get exposed for his limited boxing skills 14 50.00%
He won't be able to bearhug them then hit them like he does to every fighter. 12 42.86%
He doesn't have the stamina to deal with slick boxers that dont stand in front of him at all times. 5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Why has Hatton stayed away from Slick Boxers most of his career?

1. It's just coincidence

2. He know's he won't be able to bearhug them and hit them at the same time.
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566
Default Re: Why has Hatton stayed away from Slick Boxers most of his career?

Tell me which slick boxers he has avoided?
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Tell me which slick boxers he has avoided?
Demarcus Corley.. He was the gatekeeper for all the young and upcoming fighters to see where they are at and he was pretty much the only fighter that never fougth him.. Zab Judah, Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, and Junior Witter all fought Corley. Oh and Hatton is also ducking Junior Witter. Why dont you name some slick and fast boxers he fought
Old 07-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Demarcus Corley.. He was the gatekeeper for all the young and upcoming fighters to see where they are at and he was pretty much the only fighter that never fougth him.. Zab Judah, Floyd Mayweather, Miguel Cotto, and Junior Witter all fought Corley. Oh and Hatton is also ducking Junior Witter. Why dont you name some slick and fast boxers he fought
Magee and Collazo are probably the only ones but other than Corley , Judah and Mitchell who was there at 140 ? and if Mitchell had beaten Tzsyu Hatton would have faced him .

Last edited by Marciano Frazier; 02-10-2006 at 03:35 PM.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
Magee and Collazo are probably the only ones but other than Corley , Judah and Mitchell who was there at 140 ? and if Mitchell had beaten Tzsyu Hatton would have faced him .
Exactly and were are Mitchell and Corley now. Oh and Witter thought a Corley who had been owned by PBF and Cotto. Give Hatton his respect he fights whats in front of him. TKO 11 Tyszu TKO 4 Castillo. Hate on haters hate on.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So you mean to tell me out of all the boxers in the 140lb division they're all brawlers and not slick boxers? give me a break, stop tryin to make excuses for Hatton not facing slick boxers
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

I've been banging the drum about Hatton avoiding Junior Witter his whole career for ages.....of course it's easy to now say 'Rickys too big a fighter for Junior' or 'Ricky has bigger fish to fry' but there was a time when there were plenty of opportunities to make the fight to determine who was the best at domestic level, but the fight never happened - and it was through no fault of Witter, as I understand it.

Hatton has been very carefully matched his whole career, his fans can spin it any way they like but it's the truth.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So you mean to tell me out of all the boxers in the 140lb division they're all brawlers and not slick boxers? give me a break, stop tryin to make excuses for Hatton not facing slick boxers
Except for the ones we've already dismissed who would you have had him fight and when and in place of which opponent?
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Exactly and were are Mitchell and Corley now. Oh and Witter thought a Corley who had been owned by PBF and Cotto. Give Hatton his respect he fights whats in front of him. TKO 11 Tyszu TKO 4 Castillo. Hate on haters hate on.
Give him respect cause he fights whats in front of him? SO why did he fight Urango when he was supposed to be fighting Ndou???
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #10
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Give him respect cause he fights whats in front of him? SO why did he fight Urango when he was supposed to be fighting Ndou???
N'Dou give me a break. Politics. Anyway when and I do mean when he stops mayweather you can leave us alone. Hatton was carefully matched under ****** but since then short notice to fight at a new weight? fighting against urango while sick (****** would've pulled him out) and stopping Castillo how had a lot of late money bet on him and now real numbers being talked about for a floyd fight. And he wasn't meant to fight N'Dou instead of urango mate.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #11
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
N'Dou give me a break. Politics. Anyway when and I do mean when he stops mayweather you can leave us alone. Hatton was carefully matched under ****** but since then short notice to fight at a new weight? fighting against urango while sick (****** would've pulled him out) and stopping Castillo how had a lot of late money bet on him and now real numbers being talked about for a floyd fight. And he wasn't meant to fight N'Dou instead of urango mate.
When he stops Mayweather????

Nah, not happening, sorry. I'm not a Hatton hatter he seems a decent bloke and all that, but if he does ever get into the ring with Mayweather there's only 1 result.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
LMAO Typical Hatton fan making EXCUSES. And I really hope I see you on this forum after Mayweather EASILY beats Hattons ass. Then you'll see why he stayed away from pure boxers and fought only fighters that stand in front of you and don't move.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
LMAO Typical Hatton fan making EXCUSES. And I really hope I see you on this forum after Mayweather EASILY beats Hattons ass. Then you'll see why he stayed away from pure boxers and fought only fighters that stand in front of you and don't move.
Doesn't mean much from a guy who claims he ducked n'dou in favour of urango. Let me fill you in. Hatton moved up to 147 and was stripped of his IBF and WBA 140 belts. He came down and fought Urango who had won the vacant IBF strap, were the **** does N'Dou come in. He only got the strap after hatton opted for castillo instead of a mandatory. So which would you have preferred Hatton v N'Dou or Hatton v Castillo.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #14
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't need to make excuses for an undefeated fighter. Even Ricky himself says he was shit when he was shit.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #15
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Doesn't mean much from a guy who claims he ducked n'dou in favour of urango. Let me fill you in. Hatton moved up to 147 and was stripped of his IBF and WBA 140 belts. He came down and fought Urango who had won the vacant IBF strap, were the **** does N'Dou come in. He only got the strap after hatton opted for castillo instead of a mandatory. So which would you have preferred Hatton v N'Dou or Hatton v Castillo.
I would of preferred to see Hatton fighting a NATURAL 140lber.. Not a guy that was shot and coming up from 135lbs

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum