Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441
Default Gegard Mousasi in the UFC...

I need opinions on how he'd do. In him I've seen brilliance and seen disregard...
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gegard Mousasi in the UFC...

He'd be top 5 I think, bu out wrestled by Jones, out struck by Machida and Shogun, out worked bu Forrest and Evans. I know the last 2 dont have the best chins, but he couldnt ko Jardine, and both could fall back on their wrestling if clocked
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
He'd be top 5 I think, bu out wrestled by Jones, out struck by Machida and Shogun, out worked bu Forrest and Evans. I know the last 2 dont have the best chins, but he couldnt ko Jardine, and both could fall back on their wrestling if clocked

The only way these guys you mentioned beat Mousasi is by wrestling, Forest is not going to beat Mousasi and **** Rashad Evans!

Jon Jones I would pick over Mousassi at this point but no one else... **** lay and pray!
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

No Yaca, you are wrong. Mousasi cant deal with being on the back foot at all. Forrest will put him under too much pressure and Evans is too quick.

But I guess he doesnt fight in the UFC so he's gotta be good right?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Mousasi should go back to Mw, he's too small for the wrestlers at 205.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

I've always maintained that Gegard is too small for LHW. This guy should be fighting at MW, particularly in the UFC, where the top 205 Americans are HUGE. Gegard is supremely talented but poor off his back. I see a slew of 205 fighters outwrestling him (and Jones flat our murdering him). At 185 though, I think Gegard's easily top 3 and would be a fun and worthwhile fight for Anderson Silva.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

He's almost as overated as Diaz. If this was a who's most entertaining knocking out Sokoju and Goodridge thread he'd be at the top. In terms of mixed martial artist, he doesnt rate very high and the only argument anyones got to the contry is he only gets beat by UFC lay n pray which is a bullshit cop out.
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No Yaca, you are wrong. Mousasi cant deal with being on the back foot at all. Forrest will put him under too much pressure and Evans is too quick.

But I guess he doesnt fight in the UFC so he's gotta be good right?

wtf are you talkin about?

Mousasi is the best striker in the Lhw division Machida would not win a standup fight with mousasi and for damn sure forrest would be tooled lay and pray is the answer that and only that gives these fighters a chance.

Mousasi would outstrike Rampage who is not fast enough and is predictable in his strikes ( big counter punches are his basic attacks)

Rashad evans could get a lay and pray victory but would be outclassed standing with mousasi.

Jon Jones with his height and reach, speed and unconventionality would give Mousasi problems the threat of a takedown would cripple his offence- Jones would probably win, but I dont think its guaranteed.

stoo your basing a lot on the Jardine and King mo lawal. Neither fighter outstruck mousasi and really didnt do damage to him but they were able to repeatedly take him down. This is a weakness of Mousasi's who has a good top game on the ground but is not dangerous off his back and has weak takedown defence, this means that unless he fixes this he will always experience setbacks by the hordes of MMA wresters true.

but remember Mousasi is no stranger to the ground he can will get takedowns himself.

No good at fighting on the backfoot? where do you get that from?
This fight alone proves his ability.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLT0XPjl1wU[/ame]
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441

Ok this is getting good.
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #10
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Point proved I think, this is Mixed Martial Arts son. You got to be able to do it all if you want to be the best,or atleast counter it with your strengths. Mousasi cant, and trying to downplay fighters who can take advantage of this is just fanboyism. Point is, whether its entertaining in your opinion or not, it's that Gregard has a hole in his game that's as major as James Thompsons chin. He cant wrestle, end of story

Deal with it
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4 View Post
I've always maintained that Gegard is too small for LHW. This guy should be fighting at MW, particularly in the UFC, where the top 205 Americans are HUGE. Gegard is supremely talented but poor off his back. I see a slew of 205 fighters outwrestling him (and Jones flat our murdering him). At 185 though, I think Gegard's easily top 3 and would be a fun and worthwhile fight for Anderson Silva.

He moved up because the cut to midleweight was getting to difficult.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Point proved I think, this is Mixed Martial Arts son. You got to be able to do it all if you want to be the best,or atleast counter it with your strengths. Mousasi cant, and trying to downplay fighters who can take advantage of this is just fanboyism. Point is, whether its entertaining in your opinion or not, it's that Gregard has a hole in his game that's as major as James Thompsons chin. He cant wrestle, end of story

Deal with it

interesting... so now he is being compared to James Thompson who was never good. Mousasi is, but has some weaknesses but has a lot more strengths. I remember him taking down Jardine and compleatly dominating him did you forget about that? actually Mousasi dominated Jardine everywhere in case you forgot.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
interesting... so now he is being compared to James Thompson who was never good. Mousasi is, but has some weaknesses but has a lot more strengths. I remember him taking down Jardine and compleatly dominating him did you forget about that? actually Mousasi dominated Jardine everywhere in case you forgot.
Im not comparing him in terms of talent to James. Only in a weakness that makes him beatable.And his major strength in striking was totally negated by Jardine with rudimentary wrestling. If his striking is so good he have khtfo right? But watch the fight again, as soon as Jardine was in trouble he clinched, and Mousasi had no answer for it. That my friend, is a major weakness
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #14
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Im not comparing him in terms of talent to James. Only in a weakness that makes him beatable.And his major strength in striking was totally negated by Jardine with rudimentary wrestling. If his striking is so good he have khtfo right? But watch the fight again, as soon as Jardine was in trouble he clinched, and Mousasi had no answer for it. That my friend, is a major weakness
your getting ridiculous now. How about you get Jardine's cum out your eyes and watch the fight again. Jardine nagated Mousasis striking?

jardine almost got stopped a few times by Mousasi but Ox Baker referee kept interfering. get your shit straight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

that was a pretty dominate proformance but through the maricle of mma scoring we see it as a close fight. Bullshit!!
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #15
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Doesnt the fact that Gregard outstruck a notoriously chinny UFC fight and still go the distance prove my point? Nice try

And the Jardine cum comment is a little ridiculous, Ive not nearly displayed half the emotion attacthment to Keith s you've displayed to Gregard. Id readily acknowledge Jadines weakess', you wont with Mousasi. I expected better from you fella, who's coming across as the fan boy here?
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum