Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000
Default Emanuele Della Rosa vs. Daniel Urbanski & Ville Piispanen vs. Vittorio Oi, 6/3/11

This is taking place Friday in a suburb of Rome, with both the WBC 154lb Int'l title and the European 140lb title on the line. Both are pretty decent match-ups. Each features a homegrown boxer (one a "champion", one challenging) against foreigners.

Does anyone know the start time, or whether it will be televised in parts of Europe? Urbanski and Piispanen hail from Poland and Finland respectively, and while neither is anywhere close to being one of the top 5 most recognizable names in their country they are both good young fighters.

I'd think that this was worth some airtime somewhere.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Emanuele Della Rosa vs. Daniel Urbanski & Ville Piispanen vs. Vittorio Oi, 6/3/11

Italian television is airing this one , I'm not sure which channel but TV is there.

I'm going to this one. It's 50-50 fight for Piispanen vs Oi. Ville hasn't got too many KO -victories, but I'm still hoping for a big win for the Finn.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Default Re: Emanuele Della Rosa vs. Daniel Urbanski & Ville Piispanen vs. Vittorio Oi, 6/3/11

Goodhill, do you know the approximate time(s) for the co-main events?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Goodhill
ESB Addict

It´s (Piispanen vs Oi) app. 11 PM Finnish time (EEST or GMT +3 hours) and Della Rosa -fight after that.

SPORTITALIA will broadcast it.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Darn. I probably won't be out of work in time for Piispanen vs. Oi - and that's the one I was more excited for. I'm keenly interested in Ville; he impressed me with his effort and showed promise against Rasilla even though he only managed a draw. Work in progress, but could become pretty good IMO.

Oh well.

Thanks GH. Enjoy the action.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
Italian television is airing this one , I'm not sure which channel but TV is there.

I'm going to this one. It's 50-50 fight for Piispanen vs Oi. Ville hasn't got too many KO -victories, but I'm still hoping for a big win for the Finn.
Good on you for travelling abroad to watch your countryman fight. Is this common with Finnish boxers? Hope you enjoy it
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Goodhill
ESB Addict

Thanks - will do.

To fill you in with Ville. He tooks some time off from training after he won De Prophetis last August. Time too long - he didn´t train enough for the Rasilla fight and was out of fuel after 6th round.
I wen´t for coffee the morning after with Ville and you could really tell that he had been in a war. IMO that was his own fault - too lazy training.

The training for this Oi fight has gone a lot better, I´m glad to say. It´s 50-50 fight IMO and I´m excited as hell.

If you´re interested with these not so known fighters as well, check out Edis Tatli in lightweights. I been watching Edis and Ville spar and dare to say (of course I´m 100% bias) that Edis will raise at least at the top of European level.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Goodhill
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Good on you for travelling abroad to watch your countryman fight. Is this common with Finnish boxers? Hope you enjoy it
Thanks.

For me it is. I work a bit with their promotional team (I´m a lawyer).
But I go to watch Helenius´s fights as well and there are at least couple of dosens of hard core Finnish boxing fans (Robbe´s next fight will (99% sure) be against Liakhovich 16.7 in Germany BTW - I´ll try to drive there with my motorcycle, best way to travel in summertime)
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
ile12345
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
Thanks.

For me it is. I work a bit with their promotional team (I´m a lawyer).
But I go to watch Helenius´s fights as well and there are at least couple of dosens of hard core Finnish boxing fans (Robbe´s next fight will (99% sure) be against Liakhovich 16.7 in Germany BTW - I´ll try to drive there with my motorcycle, best way to travel in summertime)
hmm.. karl helenius just posted that 16.7 isn't a likely match day. maybe this (lyackhovich) is just a plan-b and something interesting is going to happen.. (or maybe not) otherwise just can't understand how its so hard to make it happen

war ville
ile12345 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
Goodhill
ESB Addict

Maybe they´re trying to feed Valuev (how is his shoulder?) to Robbe - wasn´t that on the works one time all ready? Before Haye fight?
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Lazy training has always been Piispanen´s worst opponent, it would seem.

His skillset is great, skill-wise Rasilla was no match for Piispanen.

Ville has the ability to do great things, he needs some of that Idi Amin´s mentality in training camps to fulfill his potential.

GO VILLE! DESTROY THAT TIME MACHINE! WAR!
VHB is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #12
Leifhackman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This card (or at least part of some fight) will be aired on Sport Italia channel. The channel is aired via DVB-T in Italy and via couple of satellites (DVB-S2, Free to Air and DVB-S VideoGuard crypted) with european foot prints.

If you look for streams, there are tons of Sport Italia 24 streams, but that's a news flash channel by Sport Italia. Also, it's easy to confuse Sport Italia channels with Sky Sport Italia channels, which I understand are different channels. However, Sport Italia is included in Sky.it pay channel package.

Few years of experience has given me the picture that "guessing what's on TV" must be national sport in Italy. Sport Italia either doesn't have program guide (oh.. they have a page where it says Guida TV but there's nothing on it), not even for today's programs. Sky.it program guide says "Pugilato, Live" on Sport Italia from 20:30-21:00 (that's Italian time). So... since the promoting party has a contract with Sport Italia, one could guess this is it. According to this program information (provided we could see the channel ofcourse) we could see some generous 7 rounds of the fight provided the fight begins exactly at 20:30.

And... I don't remember seen any boxing streams from Italian channels in my life.. so we might be out of luck what comes to watching it live. A guy who has Sky.it subscribed told me he would record this fight and share it later on.

I hope Goodhill has an enjoyable trip and nice evening with boxing.

Last edited by Leifhackman; 06-03-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Editing
Leifhackman is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Well, I didn't get to see this.

It looks like Ville lost by way of technical decision. Reportedly he had points deducted in the 4th and 6th rounds.

GH, what was the story there? What kinds of infractions were they? Were the deductions fair and preceded by warnings?

It doesn't make too much difference, actually. Without those two points, one judge would have had it for Piispanen by a hair and the other two would have still had it for Oi but close instead of wide.

Was there a clash of heads that caused it to go to the cards?

As for Della Rosa, it seems he was able to drop the Pole late but unable to finish him off...settling for a very wide points win. Good fight or totally uncompetitive?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #14
Leifhackman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Well, I didn't get to see this.

It looks like Ville lost by way of technical decision. Reportedly he had points deducted in the 4th and 6th rounds.

GH, what was the story there? What kinds of infractions were they? Were the deductions fair and preceded by warnings?

It doesn't make too much difference, actually. Without those two points, one judge would have had it for Piispanen by a hair and the other two would have still had it for Oi but close instead of wide.

Was there a clash of heads that caused it to go to the cards?

As for Della Rosa, it seems he was able to drop the Pole late but unable to finish him off...settling for a very wide points win. Good fight or totally uncompetitive?
According to a Finnish tv company news site ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) ATM the word is that Ville got warned and points deducted on the 4th and 6th for head butting. Oi was cutted around his eyes and the doc told the ref to stop the fight in the 7th. Pekka Mäki from P3 Boxing said untill the fight was stopped it was Ville´s fight and that should they have fought couple of more rounds he would have put Oi belly up. Mäki also stated Ville gave too easily excuses for the ref to make point deductions.

AFter the fight was stopped they went to the score cards and Oi was ahead. When they announced the winner also Ville raised his hand and the audience got really mad about it. The finnish guys had to duck for flying bottles on their way out of the ring. Ville's team feels they got robbed and they are going to file a complaint.

What wasn´t said in the article was if Oi was cutted due to the clashes of head or did it happen later. I have understood there must be some damage done during clashes of heads and if those cuts or other damages later on are the reason for stopping the fight after 4th you go to the score cards. But if you are cut by your opponent punching you and unable to continue with the fight, you loose by TKO.

It would be interesting to see what really happened.
Leifhackman is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #15
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Piispanen - Oioioioasad

What I have heard is that the desicion was a crazy robbery and referee was biased as always in Italy. First point deduction was ridicilious and referee was warning Piispanen all the time, no matter what he did. And those who have seen Piispanen's fights knows that he is not a dirty fighter. And I heard that there was no questions about who was the better boxer in the ring.. And yes, it wasn't Italiano.. Italy....

I guess it will be on youtube very soon..
Consu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum